Disable Aurora effect

Disable Aurora effect

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Pretty simple request. Please can we have an option to toggle the aurora glow/orb effect. Or better yet, an option to toggle cosmetic aura effects on both our character and other players, similar to the unique sound effect toggle that Anet added last patch.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Disable Aurora effect

Posted by: SmirkDog.3160

SmirkDog.3160

That won’t go over well. People get really kittened off when people even mention not wanting to see people’s obnoxious hard-earned flashy items.

Disable Aurora effect

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Disable the effect means it becomes an ascended trinket. The aura makes it legendary.
The aura should change per class that wears it, as now its clearly a mesmer only trinket

Disable Aurora effect

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Disable the effect means it becomes an ascended trinket. The aura makes it legendary.
The aura should change per class that wears it, as now its clearly a mesmer only trinket

Ur choice really if you want to see that. I would personally like 2-4 check boxes. Hide infusions, hide legendary effects. 1 for pc and 1 for everyone else

Disable Aurora effect

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Id like to see a potential aura colour change option, even if it is a MF recipe to change it. Perhaps using stacks of dyes of the appropriate hue ( orange, red, blue, green etc)

Slightly off topic, Id also like to see the option to purchase an additional one for say 200g once crafted, to make it easier for alts to use, without transferring it across each time.

As for the op, i have no strong feelings against this, although it is a shame so many want to hide so many different art types. Not to say I don’t understand why though (taste, fps etc). At the end of the day, it doesn’t really matter overly to me if players can’t see the effects – most of my skins are for my benefit anyway.

Disable Aurora effect

Lahmia.2193

Plenty of people reskin legendary weapons or armour, because they want it for the stat change convenience. Only you can’t with a trinket. The aura really should be optional.

edit: update the item so it comes with an infusion that grants said aura would be another option.

Disable Aurora effect

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Agree.
The possibility of having an unique set to change stats with include trinkets as well.

Also, due to the fact that is fashion war, options about the aesthetic would be always appreciated.

Disable Aurora effect

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

I haven’t made this trinket because I do not like the aura, or to be more specific, I do not like the color of the Aura, something for the devs to think about there I’m sure…

Disable Aurora effect

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Yes please, toggle would be awesome! The effect is the only reason I am not using it. I do not like any effects that have 100% uptime. Weapons are fine since they turn off when not wielded.

Disable Aurora effect

Posted by: GWMO.4785

GWMO.4785

Disable the effect means it becomes an ascended trinket. The aura makes it legendary. The aura should change per class that wears it, as now its clearly a mesmer only trinket

Not quite. Although MOST people make the legendaries for the skin and “aura”, the legendary rarity also comes with a functional stat swap. This is why i personally like to go for legendaries. Cause it is character progression and very functional for some classes like mesmer. For armor and weapons this was easily solved by just re-skinning it. But as you’re probably aware we cant do that with trinkets. …Yes, i/we could have multiple trinkets with the needed stats. But it would be much nicer to have an option where we can toggle on and off the aura.

ontopic: this has been mentioned several times already. and we never really got an response from Anet for it. So don’t get your hopes up.

Disable Aurora effect

Lahmia.2193

Disable the effect means it becomes an ascended trinket. The aura makes it legendary. The aura should change per class that wears it, as now its clearly a mesmer only trinket

Not quite. Although MOST people make the legendaries for the skin and “aura”, the legendary rarity also comes with a functional stat swap. This is why i personally like to go for legendaries. Cause it is character progression and very functional for some classes like mesmer. For armor and weapons this was easily solved by just re-skinning it. But as you’re probably aware we cant do that with trinkets. …Yes, i/we could have multiple trinkets with the needed stats. But it would be much nicer to have an option where we can toggle on and off the aura.

ontopic: this has been mentioned several times already. and we never really got an response from Anet for it. So don’t get your hopes up.

Not to mention the fact that Legendaries are also updated to gain new expac stats, which was my main reason for making it in the first place.

Disable Aurora effect

Posted by: xBrutalityx.3507

xBrutalityx.3507

Nah, worked hard for all my infusions, the point is to showoff what you worked for, not to have it hidden to 80% of the player base that would kill the purpose of purchaseing cosmetic auras. Turning animations to low and a fair enough setting to turn down auras. No further setting needed

(edited by xBrutalityx.3507)

Disable Aurora effect

Posted by: xBrutalityx.3507

xBrutalityx.3507

Nah, worked hard for all my infusions, the point is to showoff what you worked for, not to have it hidden to 80% of the player base that would kill the purpose of purchaseing cosmetic auras. Turning animations to low is a fair enough setting to turn down auras. No further setting needed

Disable Aurora effect

Posted by: Vindicus.2130

Vindicus.2130

I worked very hard on my rock-hard 6 pack abs. It upsets me when people want me to put on my shirt just because I’m eating in their restaurant, or I’m at their grandmother’s funeral. I mean, I should be able to display my glorious abdominals for all the world to revel in. Whether someone consents to viewing them or not is of no concern to me.

(edited by Vindicus.2130)

Disable Aurora effect

Posted by: Carnius Magius.8091

Carnius Magius.8091

What I would like to turn off is the 3D graphic effects when I don’t have 3D. In some areas everything is a big blur and hard to see especially while I’m trying to find a spot to land when I’m gliding.

Disable Aurora effect

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Nah, worked hard for all my infusions, the point is to showoff what you worked for, not to have it hidden to 80% of the player base that would kill the purpose of purchaseing cosmetic auras. Turning animations to low and a fair enough setting to turn down auras. No further setting needed

You understood it wrong. We’re not asking toggle to turn it off from others, but just from ourselves. Your Aurora would shine to everyone just as brightly. Only mine would be hidden to me and everyone else.

Disable Aurora effect

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Out of curiosity, again sorry to veer off topic a bit, but has anyone tried using it alongisde other auras to create a different colour? (if that is possible)