Disable special bag features

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

Can we please get the option to turn off the special bag features, on a bag by bag basis? It is super annoying at times. Some of them, you want it for, but some of them you just got the bag for the crafting experience and you don’t really want stuff to not move. Also if it could only apply to what the bag is for that would be good too.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Buy generic bags from the TP, problem instantly solved.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

That sounds kind of pointless because there are many normal bags you can buy or make that won’t filter its contents. Sell the bag you don’t want, and buy/make one that isn’t a special bag type.

Boogiepop Void.6473

Sometimes you want the default arrangement properties, but not the won’t sort properties. It would also help if we had actual sorting instead of just compression.

RoseofGilead.8907

Following guides for leveling your crafting is usually much cheaper than just playing the Discover Everything game. That’s especially the case with bags since the runes of holding aren’t cheap. I never made bags to level any of my crafts. Even if the bags you made sold for nothing, there still wouldn’t be any point to making an option to disable special bag features because there are normal bags to get or make.

And in case you didn’t know, you can trade in 3 candy corn cobs for a 20 slot bag. The vendor is Sonder the Seller in LA.

Boogiepop Void.6473

It’s cheaper to craft your own bags than do the candy corn trick with current prices for it. The trick became too well known, so the price of candy corn and candy corn cobs shot up to compensate.

CMM.6712

Most of that is available already though… just read the description on the tooltips of the bag, and then if it doesn’t have any it is default.

RoseofGilead.8907

It’s cheaper to craft your own bags than do the candy corn trick with current prices for it. The trick became too well known, so the price of candy corn and candy corn cobs shot up to compensate.

Fair enough. It’ll probably drop down again in a couple of months, though.

Posted by: Silas Eorth.7348

Silas Eorth.7348

Sometimes you want the default arrangement properties, but not the won’t sort properties. It would also help if we had actual sorting instead of just compression.

I don’t understand the logic on this one. If you have a bag that’s specifically for junk items and then you click the compress key and it sorts the junk items out of its special bag, doesn’t that defeat the purpose of having it in the first place?

If you don’t want the special property bags with the non-sort option, it would be better to just TP them and get the bags that you want. Or give them as gifts to new guildies that have no bags. Or use them on an alt.

For ANet to modify the way the old bags work would be too much trouble for them, IMO. If anything, maybe it would be better to request recipes for new bags that function the way you want.

Boogiepop Void.6473

The issue is when other stuff has gotten all up in your special bag due to overflow. Sorting should get it out and put what should be there in (except for items in invisible bags; the entire point of those is complete isolation from the rest of the inventory). Instead, sorting does nothing, so the unmatched stuff stays in and the matched stuff elsewhere stays elsewhere.

Not to mention it would be nice to be able to do things like sort by rarity, type for weapons and armor, etc.

CMM.6712

Clearly you aren’t reading the replies people are giving you.

Posted by: Silas Eorth.7348

Silas Eorth.7348

Ah, now I see your problem. And I have to admit, after an epic run through Tarir I’ve encountered the problem of having a few things in bags they shouldn’t be in. Yet that’s due to the fact that all the storage for my generic bags was full and there was no other option for those things to be placed anywhere else. It’s a very minor annoyance, but one that I can tolerate.

For my main, I have max bag slots and have them arranged in a specific order to limit the amount of management I have to do. First “invisible” which is always full, then the next three bags are generics. After that I have my specific bags: The three fractal bags (Masterwork, Rare, and Exotic gear) and a bag for junk items.

Having them in this order ensures that the time I spend micromanaging my bags is kept at a very bare minimum. And again, only in cases of overflow do I have to worry about cleanup. Perhaps a similar bag scheme would make things a little less tedious for you.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/20_Slot_Fractal_Uncommon_Equipment_Box
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/20_Slot_Fractal_Rare_Equipment_Box
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/20_Slot_Fractal_Exotic_Equipment_Box

Boogiepop Void.6473

I just wish they would uncouple this from bag type. It would be great to just arrange things how I want, instead of depending on what bags I happen to have.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

The issue is when other stuff has gotten all up in your special bag due to overflow. Sorting should get it out and put what should be there in (except for items in invisible bags; the entire point of those is complete isolation from the rest of the inventory). Instead, sorting does nothing, so the unmatched stuff stays in and the matched stuff elsewhere stays elsewhere.

Not to mention it would be nice to be able to do things like sort by rarity, type for weapons and armor, etc.

Then you dont want to DISABLE the special functions of those bags. You want the special functions to IGNORE items that do not match the requirements OF those bags. In other words, when you compact your inventory, you want, say, a masterwork sword to pass from the junk bag it looted into, through your rare category bag (the fractal one), and go into the masterwork category bag (again, the fractal one), but no further.

I agree something like that would be nice, with the exception of invisible bags. Those should not be able to be sorted, compacted, or ANYTHING. That’s generally the point of those bags. So unfortunately, any looted crap that gets into those bags would have to be manually dealt with.

Sorting I kinda agree with. It should sort by “meta” group (equipment, nourishments, materials, etc), then quality levels, and then finally subsequent categories. IE: equipment->ascended, exotic, rare, masterwork, fine, basic-> armor, weapons, trinkets->sorted by slot. However, if you have the specialty bags, sorting the inventory SHOULD sort those bags, as well as sort INTO and OUT of those bags (ie takes all not-rares out of a rare-loot bag and puts all rares into it).

Ideally, there’d be a “manage” option that would, in order- deposit materials, sort the inventory, and then compact the inventory (specialty bags would compact to “first slot” and generic bags would be able to compact PAST specialty bags).

Oh, and for the love of god, similar management options for the bank. PLEASE. I want to be able to hide the bank tabs (except the “buy more” one, for obvious reasons), deposit materials from the bank tabs, and sorting bank as well (overall and individual tabs).

(edited by Aidan Savage.2078)

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I just wish they would uncouple this from bag type. It would be great to just arrange things how I want, instead of depending on what bags I happen to have.

If you want to arrange them how you want, go buy/craft all generic bags.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I agree something like that would be nice, with the exception of invisible bags. Those should not be able to be sorted, compacted, or ANYTHING. That’s generally the point of those bags. So unfortunately, any looted crap that gets into those bags would have to be manually dealt with.

And it’s really obnoxious that the game doesn’t treat the Invisible Bags as “Fill Last”, because I think the usual purpose of Invisible Bags is to hold the stuff you use and don’t want to risk selling (such as alternate gear sets, especially weapons) – but because you use those items, you want that bag at the top of the inventory panel for easy access – but then, if the bag’s not full, all the crap you pick up gets sorted into it. At least, I know that’s my problem with the Invisible Bag. I have one on my Warrior that’s loaded with all weapon options (And used to hold an alternate kit of armor) – but because I frequently swap between Axe+Shield(For PvP) and Greatsword(For PvE), I either keep a slot open in that bag for my shield (Which then gets filled with looted garbage) or I keep the bag full and have to fish my shield out of a much lower bag on the list.