Disabling mob aggresivity for node farming

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dawnbreaker.6215

Dawnbreaker.6215

It’s frustrating how everytime we go on node farming runs there’s always that cave bat or drake autoattacking us and slowing us down. I don’t see the point in this harassment, we aren’t learning anything new from having to kill these annyoing mosquitoes in 2 hits, it just slows us down for no reason and its even more irritating when they have have CC moves like knock back.

We should get a tyrian mastery or something to remove this, it would make all red mobs appear yellow instead or something, except maybe veterans or bosses.

Posted by: Dindin.2378

Dindin.2378

Would be a really cool mastery! Though, maybe some nodes should give even more rewards then rich nodes and should be guarded by really strong monsters.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There’s a balance between making things so hard that the stop being fun and so easy that they become trivial.

I don’t think it’s good for the game to spend resources to reduce the minor challenge of gathering, especially since there are many ways to work around the issue. Personally, I prefer to avoid annoying mobs, saving me time to do something else. Other people take thieves (for stealth) or guardians (for blocks) etc.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I take my tanky guardian farming. She totally ignores the mobs, harvests and runs off with them trailing behind. (I also Slot 2 speed buffs when farming for faster getaways).

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

… and slowing us down. I don’t see the point in this harassment

Your answer is within your own statement.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

I kind of agree with the op, enemies slow us way to much in the game as it is, and in my opinion ruins the flow of the game when it is so over used. I think the mastery may be a nice idea, but to make it more balanced you have to have completed the entire map first as well and cannot attack any mobs within the node area on a cooldown of some kind.

Posted by: TheNecrosanct.4028

TheNecrosanct.4028

You’re running around in the wild. What do you expect? Hostile wildlife is going to come at you. It’s par for the course. Why not just kill the mobs? It removes the movement impediment much faster than being tagged and just walking away again.

Posted by: Dawnbreaker.6215

Dawnbreaker.6215

You’re running around in the wild. What do you expect? Hostile wildlife is going to come at you. It’s par for the course. Why not just kill the mobs? It removes the movement impediment much faster than being tagged and just walking away again.

We’re at war with elder dragons, I can’t see why grawl, drakes and bandits would still have time to fight us when there’s a greater threat pretty much everywhere.

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

Tldr: Kill the mobs before and nothing will harass you while nod farming.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

We’re at war with elder dragons, I can’t see why grawl, drakes and bandits would still have time to fight us when there’s a greater threat pretty much everywhere.

I don’t think the grawl, drakes, or bandits much care about the dragons; they have their own agendas. Bandits need to pillage & steal. Drakes are dealing with severe, genetic halitosis. And the grawl? well grawls just want to have fun.

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

Choose a class that has less issues with mobs. I only played thief until last week really, when I took my mesmer and maxed her levels and got her stuff. Running for hero points made me realize what a luxury I am used to with my thief. When a tiny spider throws its web on me, I cannot just ignore it and dash away like with my thief. When I’m crippled I’m crippled. With thief, you can basically ignore all mobs around you and go on with your farming business. I can even shadow step to a heavily guarded chest or wisp, pick it up and be gone before a mob can take a swing at me.

I like my chronomancer, but for daily business like farming, I will definitely use my thief. Berry-farming would probably take 3 times as long with mesmer.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: Odin the exiled.5764

Odin the exiled.5764

grawls just want to have fun.

Isn’t that a song by Cindy Lauper? lol

Posted by: marelooke.9708

marelooke.9708

Choose a class that has less issues with mobs. I only played thief until last week really, when I took my mesmer and maxed her levels and got her stuff. Running for hero points made me realize what a luxury I am used to with my thief. When a tiny spider throws its web on me, I cannot just ignore it and dash away like with my thief. When I’m crippled I’m crippled. With thief, you can basically ignore all mobs around you and go on with your farming business. I can even shadow step to a heavily guarded chest or wisp, pick it up and be gone before a mob can take a swing at me.

I like my chronomancer, but for daily business like farming, I will definitely use my thief. Berry-farming would probably take 3 times as long with mesmer.

I don’t find gathering with my Chrono to be that much of a hassle tbh. Use Well of Eternity if you get crippled and just spawn a clone/phantasm to keep a mob busy while you go about your business (on lower level maps your phantasm might even kill the mob while you’re gathering, or at least get it close enough that a shatter finishes it off). Also to approximate shadow step (Portal entre -> Blink -> Portal exit). Then again, on my Thief I often just go through the mobs (iow: kill them) as that’s often faster/less effort than trying to dodge them.

But yeah Bitterfrost Frontier is just a horrible horrible map, hell, it might even be the worst map in the game and I wager it would be pretty deserted if it weren’t for the berry farm.

Mobs in general could do with less CC and especially less ranged CC, it makes getting around many areas needlessly irritating. Even on classes with enough cleanses and stuff, it’s just annoying.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

have you considered killing the bat before you started mining?

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Must be a taste thing. I love the Bitterfrost map and harvesting berries. It feels like just the right amount of challenge on all classes to me, as long as you are running a build suited for it.

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Give me trash mobs any day. I have had ascended stuff fall from them and a precursor (Zap) fall from them, actually in the first 3 months of the game I had another precursor fall from a trash mob but I gave it away to someone in my guild. I try to kill everything anyway since you never know what might fall from them!

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Personally I don’t think node farming should be that easy. There should always be one or two mobs at least to contend with. Otherwise we might as well just say ‘stick all the nodes in Tyria in Lion’s Arch or Divinity’s Reach’.

grawls just want to have fun.

Isn’t that a song by Cindy Lauper? lol

It’s also the name of a guild in the EU servers somewhere!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Why can’t you just kill the mobs beforehand? You never know what they might drop.

Wait, is OP one of those people that drags mobs to other players and leaves them to swarmed?

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Then, once we’ve mastered the Ignore Me While I Take Your Stuff lines, we can move onto the Just Give Me All The Stuff Once I Log Onto The Map mastery track.

Posted by: DirtyDan.4759

DirtyDan.4759

Are you SERIOUSLY complaining that little monsters are attacking you? Have you tried… killing them?

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Tie it with the monster kill count related achievements.
If you max out the achievement,that family of mobs becomes yellow tag,and will only attack if provoked.
BDO has a similar system where in you venture in an area where you over level the mobs,they won’t attack you.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Are you SERIOUSLY complaining that little monsters are attacking you? Have you tried… killing them?

It becomes boring after sometime.
Especially given how even the lowest mobs in this game are given some short of soft or hard CC for the only purpose of making them as annoying as possible,since they don’t even remotely pose a threat to high level players.
Hey I killed a spider.I killed a spider again etc etc.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

OP you get that this is more than just a farming game right?

Open world stuff involves… …stuff in the open world. Monsters, creatures, events, nodes, etc., etc. They are part of the game. Deal with it.

You wouldn’t go out into the middle of the woods to pick berries and expect bears, large cats, and insects to leave you alone because you are picking berries would you?

Posted by: Asur.9178

Asur.9178

Is this a serious post?

Someone help me out here. I’m not sure if this is a troll post or a serious post.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It becomes boring after sometime.
Especially given how even the lowest mobs in this game are given some short of soft or hard CC for the only purpose of making them as annoying as possible,since they don’t even remotely pose a threat to high level players.
Hey I killed a spider.I killed a spider again etc etc.

Apparently they do pose a threat to people’s farming, otherwise we wouldn’t have this thread.

Plus there are already work-arounds: be tankier, be faster, be stealthier, or use routes that avoid pesky mobs.

Alternatively, be careful what you wish for: ANet’s response might be to agree that trash mobs aren’t any real threat to max-level toons and decide to increase mob difficulty or nerf L80 traits/skills in lower-level zones.

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

They should just put in a special snowflake button for those who don’t like to do things. Call it the ‘give me what I want without having to work for it’ button. Big or small, one click and you get everything. You win, game over.

SBI

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

What is your goal?
If it’s to collect resources, don’t you get those from killing those mobs and salvaging the rewards? It sounds like a great setup to me.

Posted by: MoarChaos.8320

MoarChaos.8320

Ignoring the environment is a player decision. Shouldn’t be rewarded as a feature.

Posted by: Dindin.2378

Dindin.2378

Haha lol =D