Disappeared items

Disappeared items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

I got notification about new patch build incoming in 55 min.
And then I moved 3 stacks of ambrite into guild bank, I did that automatically and fast, I noticed that whenever I moved it to guild bank It disappeared it wasnt in guild bank or in my inventory. And then I got kicked out of the game.
I loged in with new patch and I saw in guild bank 1 stack of ambrite. Other 2 stacks was gone. Not in my inventory or guild bank.

I contacted support and they said: Support is not able to address losses resulting from issues beyond our control.

My friend told me that it will appear in few hours in my inventory or somewhere but it has been 2 days and I dont have that 2 stacks of ambrite that Arena Net deleted.

Is that a bug ? Why did arena net stole my ambrite ? Why cant they give it back ?

For everyone that read this have that in mind that you can get that bug or whatever that was. Dont deposit anything valuable in guild bank because they will never give you back that item.

Disappeared items

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Are you sure it isn’t in your personal bank?

Disappeared items

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s probably gone. I’ve noticed though if I put something in the guild bank or from guild bank to my inventory and it disappears, it reappears if I move something else to that slot. Since its been 2 days, it’s unlikely to do that but you can always try.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Disappeared items

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

There is Lag with the guild bank. Sometime you put something in the guild bank and it disappear from your inventory without going into the guild bank. But that’s usually just a lag and the item will appear after a couple of seconds in the guild bank (happen both ways).

Now, maybe your game disconnected at that precise moment and in that case your ambrite is probably gone forever. Bad luck for you. It kitten big time for you, but at least it’s not something expensive. Maybe you should do another ticket and specific said that it’s because of the lag in the guild bank, which is 100% Anet fault. I doudt that they will give you back you item, but I could be wrong about that.

For the future, try to not move thing around a couple of second before a patch go in. After all, they give you fair warning before they kick you out of the game and update the game.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Disappeared items

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

Are you sure it isn’t in your personal bank?

Yes I am sure. I checked and looked everywhere.

Disappeared items

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

I almost had this happen with a stack of ecto the other day.
Moved 2 stacks from guild bank to inventory, the second simply vanished when I dropped it into my bag.
I panicked, man, not going to lie, I’m like 90% done with Twilight and Sunrise for Eternity (still largely in parts) and I absolutely cannot spare a whole stack of ecto (grinding this thing by the skin of my teeth)
I remembered a guildy had had something like that happen a while back and moved the one stack I could see back into the guild bank, and the second stack appeared underneath the first.

I now know to never trust guild banks with anything that valuable, especially in multiple stacks. This kind of bug should never be brushed off as “beyond their control”

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Disappeared items

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

So you lost 2.5g worth of ambrite somewhere?

This wouldnt have happened with Evon on the Council.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Disappeared items

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

There’s always a bit of lag when moving items between your inventory and guild bank, which is a clear indicator that there’s a lot more going on compared to what happens for your personal bank.

Basically what I believe is happening is that in order to prevent duping, the server commits changes to the inventory/bank at each step. The reason you lost items is because the server rebooted between the steps of confirming the items have been removed from your inventory and actually adding it to the guild bank, but the server doesn’t keep a memory of what it was doing before the reboot so it doesn’t add the item to your guild bank when it comes back up.

A simple analogy would be like if you were cutting and pasting stuff from one file to another; you cut from one file, save the change, and just as you’re about to paste to the other file your computer reboots – since you saved the change to the first file and couldn’t paste to the second file, you’ve lost that bit of data you cut.

Lesson to be learned is never move stuff to and from your guild bank when the server is unstable or about to reboot.