Disappointed 2016 Halloween

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Is it just me who’s feeling dispirited regarding this year’s Halloween’s content, or should I say, lack of?

Don’t even see Lunatic Inquisition available. Never got to experience Reaper’s Rumble, let alone the original quest for Mad Memoires. These are/were fun minigames/quests and it pains me to see them completely gutted from this year’s Halloween roster rendering it unimpressive, especially to new players.

I beg to ask, was the lack of engaging content due to devs from the original cast of Gw2 Halloween festivities dropped and/or current devs fixated on other ‘priorities’ within the game in general?

Posted by: Nana.9512

Nana.9512

It’s not just you. It feels like they nerfed all the fun out of it.
It really makes me sad to see this years Halloween Event. I was looking forward to it, even if I didn’t expect much change to the year before… but this is just awefull.
There is nothing new at all, even less then the years before. I hoped to find at least some rewards, that would be worth playing for, but looking at them, just demotivated me totally. The crow mini looks cool, but the price, that’s just ridiculous.

I love guild wars 2 and Halloween was probably my favourite festival in the game. But over the years, they managed to suck all the fun out of it and replaced it with boring grind and item sinks

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

It’s not just you. It feels like they nerfed all the fun out of it.
It really makes me sad to see this years Halloween Event. I was looking forward to it, even if I didn’t expect much change to the year before… but this is just awefull.
There is nothing new at all, even less then the years before. I hoped to find at least some rewards, that would be worth playing for, but looking at them, just demotivated me totally. The crow mini looks cool, but the price, that’s just ridiculous.

I love guild wars 2 and Halloween was probably my favourite festival in the game. But over the years, they managed to suck all the fun out of it and replaced it with boring grind and item sinks

Do you feel a trend with all the HOT content?

Like AB-TD-DS are all about completing the same meta event over and over again. Ember bay is about redoing the same hearts over and over again for rewards.

I cant zerg anymore in the Lab and its been 2 days. I mean ever since the scarlett Marionette lane fight Anet has been putting out the same events over and over again.

Like the Gauntlet was awesome, Dry Top and Silver wastes were great maps. Then they turned Silver wastes into the Vinewrath lane event and followed it up with HOT.

I know the Christmas event is coming around the corner and i didnt finish the stuff from last year so im excited for it.

Yet this Halloween event was my favorite event. I mean that first Halloween when the Mad King popped out the lion statue and he could actually kill us in the dungeon. Like wow that was awesome.

Its odd when you get ready to gear up and play something and then 1 hour passes and you really dont want to play it anymore.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I cant zerg anymore in the Lab and its been 2 days. I mean ever since the scarlett Marionette lane fight Anet has been putting out the same events over and over again.

The first Queen’s Jubilee was where the serious farm/grind/repetition started in this game. That’s when champion loot was buffed, that’s when following huge blobs became the normal way of playing in PVE, something most future events copied. But that’s by design, at least with the HoT metas and the lane fights of Marionette and Vinewrath they tried to split the huge blob and I think they succeeded in that.