Disappointed & Quitting GW2 | post yours

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: amax.8034

amax.8034

I’ve been playing GW2 since the 2nd beta during this time, I’ve kept my thoughts to myself but after the Lost Shore event I too I’m saying goodbye for a while to GW2 as many other people. I’ve been following this game for 2 or 3 years now and In the pre-beta and beta days I was quite anxious to get my hands on it since due to the hype it looked like the most awesome game ever, as I played I couldn’t get enough of it but after playing it for a while and participating in the Halloween and Lost Shore events + getting past the hype…. I finally realized tonight that the game was rushed out alongside the LS content.

The Reasons:

- lack of fun things to do at endgame like Keg brawl, halloween PVP/labyrinth game mode and Mad King dungeon or the final beta events like The Hunger Games

- the complete lack of a preview option to view items from TP…seriously even after 3 months it’s still not implemented yet :|

- lack of gear variety that truly looks epic, the Citadel of Flame gear comes close, most of them fall short in the looks department, thus the popularity of this set -> gear with effects like the ones from legendaries or other things like that… It would be cool if a Thief would have an armor that would give him an ink effect like the Eternity legendary or shadowstep or a cloud effect like the necro’s deathshroud when stealthed. My main was a thief and during all my lvling I’ve seen like 20 medium armor sets/10 dagger skins, including the leatherworker/weaponsmith ones, that’s not enough variety at all! in other games u see this by the time you are level 40-50 but not till endgame

- since unlocking my elite skill, I have been using the same weapon skills and by now it got extremely boring doing/viewing the same actions over and over again, I need variety in my skills, not doing the same weapon rotation combo -> creating an alt isn’t an option, it’s basically going through the same content again which basically translates into grinding and the different personal story isn’t worth doing.

- lack of clear information regarding things like legendaries/exotic weapons, show us a video of all of them so we can see and know they exist, give us a purpose and for gods sake add more of them and make them more affordable (1 million karma + 200 skill points + 80 clovers…really ANET ? really) since now when I’m playing I have to make decisions, I either keep the daggers that have the same model like the ones from lvl 1 and try my best to go for a legendary(which is ugly but the fire steps are nice) or buy an eldtritch scroll (50 skill points x 2 = 100 skill points for 2 daggers) and use the forge to create Corrupted Shard which basically makes me say goodbye to the legendary due to involving too much grind to get back the 100 skill points

- complete lag & bug fest during events like The Lost Shore…the 3 days were hans down boring, my guildies and other people were talking during todays event how boring it is to do the same things over and over and over again for 3 hours… u have the tech to implement things like turrets, catapults,etc why not apply your WvW strategy to PVE events like assign a group as medics to revive people, a group to pull mobs in a direction, use mesmers portals to get hunters at higher grounds so they will have a vantage point as well also get commanders at higher grounds so they could coordinate the battle, think Braveheart Anet

- the NEW gem store stuff looks absolutely terrible… nobody likes them and there’s a lack of items like weapons/gear skins

- what’s the reason of collecting pets? implement a pokemon battle system and be done with it.

- dungeon rewards aren’t motivating enough

- lack of a looking for group feature which halted me from doing dungeons especially on story mode

- lack of Black Lion Keys… I have over 30 chests in my bank, if you want to get our money don’t force us to buy keys, just add cool skins and we will happily spend money

Posted by: amax.8034

amax.8034

- lack of bank space… this gives me the impression your forcing us to buy bank space, just increase it with 1 or 2 more rows and we will be happy, since all those items u add need to stack somewhere

- why was the Mad Kings Outfit marked as Town Clothes instead of gear skins, they looked 100 x better then the Mad Kings armor set which was a reskin

- lack of proper marketing regarding legendaries,exotics,etc… why not make videos displaying all of them so we can see them and have a goal instead of just letting us think there may or may not be something cooler out there… same goes for the discovery process… why use the forge and not have a quest line for them or something more epic like Kings Arthur story.

-lack of proper marketing regarding events…. stop already with the teasers, they are pointless just make a video highlighting what new content will be added gear/

- lack of a PTR…seriously after tonights event I definitely think this is a no1 priority.

- WvW is too big for the amount of people there and the traveling time is way too slow, give us a speed buff and let more players join + add new maps

- stop already with the Jumping puzzles, the reason why people are doing them is they keep thinking better drops will be at the end, and each time they are dissapointed… focus instead on the things above

- make it more action focussed by implementing a Terra like gameplay, where for example on this event u would have needed to aim the Karka’s limbs or something like that… there’s already a mod out there, just contact the dev and use the mod since with the new FOV you’re one step closer to this and also give use the ability to crouch to do stealth kills/fatalities

- let us form raid groups on world events and let commanders give instructions since based on the way the game is planned, we are forced to form isolated parties just so we would get better drops… why not try creating automatically a raid group when we enter a new event area or tackle a champion, this way we could get communicate and be better organized

Nice aspects I’ve noticed during the 2 big events and play throughs:

- Fractals of the Mists it’s looking very good, too bad the rewards are utterly worthless
- Drop rate of legendaries after the LS event was nice, although I didn’t get one, the idea was good
- the legendary effects are really nice
- liked the tech used on day 2 of the Lost Shore event when the trees were cut down, bridge built in from of your eyes… this reminded me of the days before release when u kept mentioning the world will change around you
-Like the Dulfy reference in the new Dungeon
-The Halloween event was 100 X times more fun then this, it had PVP variety although I don’t play PVP but I enjoyed it a whole lot more, this was basically a overhyped raid event,

Overall the game needs around a year till it’s mature enough and all these things are fixed,added… my only concern is that based on the way it’s going GW2 won’t make it.

I’m sure i’m not the only one sharing these opinions, so guys/gals feel free to share your thoughts regarding the reason GW2 makes you part ways…

Posted by: marianitten.1247

marianitten.1247

glad to see that more than a half of the things you post here.. are absolutly objetive and what is “bad” for you, is good for another.
Don’t waste time explaining why you don’t like this game. Play the game you enjoy and move on.

For Those About to Zerg (We Salute You)

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

OP…..we sir, see eye to eye.

Posted by: Arysta.9530

Arysta.9530

I agree with everything here. I now see that GW2 isn’t a classic mmo, and those are the games I enjoy. This game is awesome for the niche who want… well, I’m not sure what people like about this game. There are tons of games out there I don’t like, though, so I’ll just put this in the pile with them.

It was a fun game to explore and visit, but I wouldn’t want to live there.

Posted by: cap.4152

cap.4152

- stop already with the Jumping puzzles, the reason why people are doing them is they keep thinking better drops will be at the end, and each time they are dissapointed… focus instead on the things above .

i dont agree. i honestly do them cuz some are actualy fun. for example the lost shores one is amazing.

Posted by: sonicsix.5713

sonicsix.5713

So what do want here, a send off? Just go if you don’t like the game.

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

For once there’s an actual list with reasons. I don’t agree with all of them, but it’s a much better “I quit” post then 98% of the others.

Posted by: Aniaden.3581

Aniaden.3581

Not sure what the point of posting this here was. Maybe suggestions portion of the forum. People always post these threads to find moral support that they are indeed doing the right thing. Funny thing is this f2p go ahead and turn it off. We’ll be here when your ready to come check things out again. Super crazy I know.

Posted by: Kuldebar.1897

Kuldebar.1897

glad to see that more than a half of the things you post here.. are absolutly objetive and what is “bad” for you, is good for another.
Don’t waste time explaining why you don’t like this game. Play the game you enjoy and move on.

OK, you meant subjective, some might be that, it’s true but most of it points out problems we all experience:

• lack of a preview option in TP
  • lack of gear variety, this is is worse for some professions more than others
  • locked into using the same weapon set, I play a Necro, I know what it’s like getting stuck
  • There is a big lack of how to pursue Legendary items, but since they were just fancy skins and the same as exotics it was no big deal…
  • Lag and disconnects were/are a big issue plus the culling problem
  • Gem Store offerings are very lack luster and most of the skins are terribad
  • Dungeons are not rewarding enough for most people, you might manage to have fun but the loot is generally less than epic
  • I have 90 Black Lion Chests and one key I found yesterday
  • No QA/PTS even if you don’t realize it, this will impact your game enjoyment

There’s some items in the OP’s post that I found agreement with. I am not quitting, I just may not log in as frequently.

Posted by: elsbeth.3567

elsbeth.3567

Not sure what the point of posting this here was. Maybe suggestions portion of the forum. People always post these threads to find moral support that they are indeed doing the right thing. Funny thing is this f2p go ahead and turn it off. We’ll be here when your ready to come check things out again. Super crazy I know.

If you think it’s great that anyone quits an MMO, which relies on other players to be any fun at all, you’re the one pumping yourself with moral support for your bad decisions.

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

Kind of late to the party. Most of the people who would participate in your thread left a week or two ago.

Posted by: Aniaden.3581

Aniaden.3581

If you think it’s great that anyone quits an MMO, which relies on other players to be any fun at all, you’re the one pumping yourself with moral support for your bad decisions.

Never said it was great, just that I don’t see the point of I quit threads with a F2P model. Guessing your another I quit poster from your tone. I don’t mind saying I’m enjoying the game, but OP’s post might have done more good in the suggestions forum, Id like to see some of the same things he would.

Posted by: DegoLocc.5976

DegoLocc.5976

Can I have all your stuffs?

Posted by: Nayru.4537

Nayru.4537

OP is clearly lying, if he has been playing since open Beta there is no way anyone, even the most brain dead of individuals would describe this game as being as shallow as OP has. This account isn’t more than a week old, tops.

Actually White Knight, I agree with the OP and I played since the first beta. As do many others agree. Fact.

Yes – my name is Nayru and I am a guy – we play games too, get over it.

(edited by Nayru.4537)

Posted by: gadenp.7586

gadenp.7586

All i can say is playing GW 2 sometimes seems like:
A necro is life draining my enjoyment of the game away, trying to res himself, but is not able to, as he was downed in a pit of fire.

Posted by: TSLlol.4879

TSLlol.4879

This has been the breaking point for me too.

I can tolerate most of the things OP posted but the breaking point for me is this:

-Luck gets rewarded, not effort

I’ve spent most of my play time (800 hours from headstart to today. also played betas.) on trying to make a profit so I can afford to forge the Dreamer. I just wanna shoot rainbows that’s all. I’ve made 100g during that time with a lot of effort. (I still don’t have the precursor) Now random people who spent even less than half of my playtime get rewarded double the money that I’ve worked up from headstart ’till today just for participating in a 2 hour long event, while I got 2.5g for the same event. Yeh. Thanks but no thanks.

And this isn’t just about todays event. That was just the breaking point for me. It’s been like this all along, I just was able to tolerate it up till now. How could you make a fortune? Get lucky with a precursor drop or get it reforged from the MF, or find an exploit and abuse it. (side note: I’ve reforged 216 exotic shortbows. nothing.) … or be a mastermind on economy I guess.

(edited by TSLlol.4879)

Posted by: lacrimstein.5603

lacrimstein.5603

OP is clearly lying, if he has been playing since open Beta there is no way anyone, even the most brain dead of individuals would describe this game as being as shallow as OP has. This account isn’t more than a week old, tops.

Actually White Knight, I agree with the OP and I played since the first beta. As do many others agree. Fact.

+1. In fact, these are all very common complaints.

Posted by: Demalii.9435

Demalii.9435

Because of my career, I will never be at home playing video games on sunday around lunch time.. I heard a kid who played for 3 days got a precursor from the 1 time 3 hour event..

Glad I’ve been playing this game and grinding to get cool gear.. I just got the middle finger from anet. 1 time events rewarding players in such a manor is just pathetic for anyone who does not have a chance to get on at a schedualed time. Many of my gw1 friends who missed the event or d/c during event feel the same..

Everything described in this post seems to just back my feelings along with everything I’ve heard from the community. Very very sad to hear all this negative feedback by a game that used to be backed by the community 100%.

As TSLlol says in a post just before mine "And this isn’t just about todays event. That was just the breaking point for me. It’s been like this all along, I just was able to tolerate it up till now. "

(edited by Demalii.9435)

Posted by: Harbard.5738

Harbard.5738

- Grind
- Ascended
- Being lied to

JUST that. Everything was going fine fine fine in its due time. But this? kitten this.

Give me game. Not grind, not gating, not RNG, not +stat junk, not checklists.

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

I can tolerate most of the things OP posted but the breaking point for me is this:

I’ve spent most of my play time (800 hours from headstart to today. also played betas.) on trying to make a profit so I can afford to forge the Dreamer. I just wanna shoot rainbows that’s all. I’ve made 100g during that time with a lot of effort. (I still don’t have the precursor) Now random people who spent even less than half of my playtime get rewarded double the money that I’ve worked up from headstart ’till today just for participating in a 2 hour long event, while I got 2.5g for the same event. Yeh. Thanks but no thanks.

And this isn’t just about todays event. That was just the breaking point for me. It’s been like this all along, I just was able to tolerate it up till now. How could you make a fortune? Get lucky with a precursor drop or get it reforged from the MF, or find an exploit and abuse it. (side note: I’ve reforged 216 exotic shortbows. nothing.) … or be a mastermind on economy I guess.

Luck rewards Arenanet with the most money via gem store purchases.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

Posted by: sixfeetunder.6508

sixfeetunder.6508

They must know jay wilson. Anet took grinding then doubled it. Its insane how much it costs to level a craft let alone even craft items.

w/e taking a break and currently installing rifts new xpac.

Posted by: Lysserd.4618

Lysserd.4618

Why I’ve distanced myself from GW2 is all about the dungeons.
– Dungeons are totally interchangeable. Which at first sounds like a good thing, but it’s kinda not. Since I can do any dungeon I want at lv80 there’s no incentive to even touch the ones that I don’t like. Essentially, by allowing players to do dungeons interchangeably there are hours of content that I don’t have to touch.
– The rewards are hilarious. The direct rewards you get from dungeons are not very good. If you’re new to a dungeon it might not even cover your repair costs. Also, the best gear you can get from a dungeon doesn’t have very rewarding stats, so that means that the best gear from a dungeon is all about aesthetics.
– What if I don’t like the pants? That’s the problem with gear solely based on aesthetics brings. If I don’t think that gear rewarded from a dungeon looks good, I just won’t do it. Combine this with a lot of the low-level gear looking pretty smexy and you have a problem. I can get myself looking pretty awesome with some low-level stuff I can find in a few hours or buy for very cheap.
– It’s just too hard to even get into a group. Dungeons are essentially the only PvE endgame. There are other things you can do, but they don’t have a wide appeal. ANet had to be aware of this, and yet the only LFG tool built into the game is laughable. A global LFG chat channel would have done the job better. It’s just a shame that this was launched with no good way to form a group for a dungeon.

Here’s the part where I try to reduce grumpy flaming. I’m not saying that GW2 should borrow solutions from other games, or even that I’m right at all. This is all just an opinion. Ultimately, it’s the opinions of the developers that will shape this game. I just hope that they listen to the complaints of their community and come up with some solutions.

Posted by: Lorath.2504

Lorath.2504

They must know jay wilson. Anet took grinding then doubled it. Its insane how much it costs to level a craft let alone even craft items.

w/e taking a break and currently installing rifts new xpac.

Too bad I cant even look at the stiff, clunky combat in Rift after playing GW2…

Posted by: Makismo.6831

Makismo.6831

Broken promises (ascended gear), stale spvp, zergfest wvw, a sloppy replacement for the holy trinity, an unfinished game (broken traits etc), unbalanced professions (a warrior for example is a fantastic addition to any dungeon regardless of build, others not so much) disappointing personal story from ~level 50 onwards, horrible end game zone (Orr), the list goes on and on but I really need to get to bed ^^

Posted by: aliksyian.7642

aliksyian.7642

Vertical progression and content gating, mostly. I put up with bugs and the slog to level 80, but this new ascended stuff is nonsense. I just want my gear stats to be complete so I can focus on actually playing and exploring. Adding bigger-numbers gear is just so unnecessary, and introduces some toxic problems into pve and wvw.

Hide user’s posts on forum with chrome tampermonkey script: http://pastebin.com/aaUQr3pm

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

There are things I wasn’t happy with, but ascended gear is what has forced me to leave. Everything else was bearable, but not that. I won’t get sucked into an endless chase after maximum number-power.

Posted by: FriQenstein.5218

FriQenstein.5218

The game is all of what… 2 months old? And you are already bored and expect it to have all sorts of infinite variety of everything because you get saturated too quickly because you are probably accustomed to playing some other game that has been out for a decade and has had nothing but fluff added to it since the beginning?
Just sayin… give it a little time. You honestly cannot expect it to be overwhelming with that much variety this soon after release.

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

Today’s fiasco was the icing for me too.

Seriously, whoever decided to make a one time event at 3am – 6am on a Monday Oceanic time deserves some kind of award! Not only that, but to shower those that could actually attend with precursors, exotics, rares, 20 slot bags, while the rest of are left high and dry…

I’ve invested too many hours into this game and only seen one single exotic drop that was worth next to nothing. I’ve been hearing people not only getting one exotic from the end chest, but up to three, one being a friggen precursor to boot! I’m happy for them, I’m just bitter so many of us get shafted because of time zones or real life.

Basically I feel like I’ve wasted way too much time on this game that was advertised as grindless. I’m actually thankful this happened as it made me wake up and look at the direction the game is headed. It’s not revolutionary, it’s just another standard F2P grindy MMO and it gets worse with every patch whether it being no build variety, the many bugs, the bot infestation, the WvW culling issues… I better stop there, I could go on and on.

I got my monies worth out of the game, but I just expected to play it longer than a couple months. Sad to see a company like ANet go down the ‘sold out’ route too. If only they stuck to their guns…

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Not quitting yet, but I feel like I’m headed towards that direction

Awesome, more than awesome content. Horrible, absolutely horribly balanced system for rewarding players. You want to get rich? You’ll need 90% luck. Skill gets you far, but it doesn’t mean you will get you anywhere other players can’t. Oh we just added this to the game, and it drops from monsters too. Here, have a 0.0000001% drop rate. No, there’s no grind in this game. Oh you just posted a huge detailed thread on forum, trying to help anet, be descriptive etc etc. Here, we merged it into the generel feedback thread. No wait, we lost it in the process (Yes this happened). You want rewards for killing karka for 3 hours? How about a D/C. You have a simple yes/no question? How about we don’t answer that for you. Looks like 50 players doing the ancient Karka. Let’s spawn 20 veterans in their face, so they die instantly. I see you’re almost done with that Fractals of the Mists run. Let’s disconnect all the players.
This all on just one day.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Totally agree, this whole game has lost its fun factor, this event was a total debacle in my eyes, and one of the worst i’ve ever had the chance to do…

Being outside of America in this game you just have no hope to compete or get nice things they get, my connection is horrendous, yet no other game i own performs as bad as this one, i’ll most likely move on too.

If i wanted too play a treadmill game and grind my life away i wouldn’t have purchased Guildwars 2, sadly its what it is now…

No fixes to the game no balance to the classes (ranger is still horribly weakened), what on earth do they expect from their player base after so much fiasco’s…

I’m sure my post will get deleted anyway like all the rest do…

Posted by: Glad Wing Pomp.1940

Glad Wing Pomp.1940

Not quitting yet, but I feel like I’m headed towards that direction

Awesome, more than awesome content. Horrible, absolutely horribly balanced system for rewarding players. You want to get rich? You’ll need 90% luck. Skill gets you far, but it doesn’t mean you will get you anywhere other players can’t. Oh we just added this to the game, and it drops from monsters too. Here, have a 0.0000001% drop rate. No, there’s no grind in this game. Oh you just posted a huge detailed thread on forum, trying to help anet, be descriptive etc etc. Here, we merged it into the generel feedback thread. No wait, we lost it in the process (Yes this happened). You want rewards for killing karka for 3 hours? How about a D/C. You have a simple yes/no question? How about we don’t answer that for you. Looks like 50 players doing the ancient Karka. Let’s spawn 20 veterans in their face, so they die instantly. I see you’re almost done with that Fractals of the Mists run. Let’s disconnect all the players.
This all on just one day.

I didn’t get to play for a lot of this weekend due to a larger than average workload but from what you’ve described, I didn’t miss much except a dice roll at winning the lottery after a boring 3 hour long event.

I’m also pretty disillusioned with this game since starting on day 1 of the head start and it’s becoming more and more of a chore for me to launch it whenever I have free time that could be better invested in other, less mechanically broken games. If I’m just going to be perpetually behind trying to catch up with the latest gear tier and missing out on groups because I don’t have the proper difficulty level unlocked for the latest and greatest dungeon, I fail to see why this game is valuable at all.

I feel like ArenaNet has allowed me to have my fun and now they no longer value me as a customer. They are actively trying to remove me from the game so they can draw in the Panda crowd. Like you, I’m not quite at the quitting point yet but with the direction the game is apparently heading in, I can’t imagine that point being too far off.

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

+1. In fact, these are all very common complaints.

+1 here to… You dont know what your talking about. I’ve been around since press and these things are still plaguing the game. This game is indeed shallow.

Posted by: Sion.1653

Sion.1653

I just hope that the current (disappointed) feedback flooding the forums during the past few days will be enough to at least sway Anet to something, anything, maybe a response, or bugfixes, or. I don’t know. Anything.

Angelus.1042

I still sit here and think of the comment in the Manifesto video “We under promise and over deliver”

The whole manifesto was an over promise that under delivered 3 months later.

Posted by: Darken Rahl.5824

Darken Rahl.5824

I simply cannot understand this point of view, in real life the greatest billionaires achieved their wealth were as much about luck and timing as it was skill.

There is no grind in the one content where it matters most, sPvP, anywhere else in the game the only point of better gear is to progress through content faster. Admittedly WvW is in a grey area but it tends to be a more positional/numbers battle then a gear requirement.

On SBI or at least the players I was with it was clear sailing through the event, sure we got wiped once figuring out the crazy death rolls and jumps but it was a tremendous experience, and the reward at the end seemed well worth it.

This might be my own experience but I cannot see what deserves this much vitriol, I’m personally impressed with what ArenaNet has managed to do here as a developer and their designers have expressed a great deal of thought and care in the work they’ve done.

I imagine I’ll keep supporting them in the future, just tossing my two cents in. Cheers.

Posted by: Biscuithammer.8615

Biscuithammer.8615

I simply cannot understand this point of view, in real life the greatest billionaires achieved their wealth were as much about luck and timing as it was skill.

If I wanted to be reminded of how unfair life was I wouldn’t be playing a game about plant-people and magical dragons.

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

I just hope that the current (disappointed) feedback flooding the forums during the past few days will be enough to at least sway Anet to something, anything, maybe a response, or bugfixes, or. I don’t know. Anything.

This is actually my exact feel right now. I’m honestly trying to flood the forum with despair, because the one lengthy constructive thread i made was merged and lost in the process (It litterally disappeared, and they even confirmed that). I have simply lost the willpower to try and do something good for the game. I just hope that at some point they will walk down from their kitten pedistal and talk to us. It is impossible to get any kind of feedback from them.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Angelus.1042

If I wanted to be reminded of how unfair life was I wouldn’t be playing a game about plant-people and magical dragons.

^^^^

You sir/mam are my hero for the evening

Posted by: lacrimstein.5603

lacrimstein.5603

I think the main problem is that, it really feels like ArenaNet does not have a clear vision of what to do for expanding the game. All the changes made in patches after release (DR, nerfs, “Content Disabled” grubs, and now this new “Ascended” stuff) just seem like kneejerk-reaction, superficial fixes to problems with the game. It seems like ArenaNet doesn’t know how to address core issues with GW2 that surfaced in the past couple of months, such as game longevity, gameplay depth, class balance, economy, etc.

Posted by: Darken Rahl.5824

Darken Rahl.5824

^^^^

You sir/mam are my hero for the evening

That was good XD. Maybe that’s why single player RPG’s are still more popular then MMO’s, no people to screw up your experience :P

Posted by: Rakuru.1820

Rakuru.1820

Bring the RA/HA format from GW1. Can’t we just have a good old team deathmatch game?

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Well for me, besides all the fiasco with the new gear and stuff it’s the following:

One-time events.

Living in Japan. Need to sleep at 5am when all those events start because I have a RL every next morning. Missing every single one-time event makes me a sad panda.

Oceania players have a tough time to enjoy GW2 in this matter…

Posted by: Turismo.7612

Turismo.7612

I’m quitting this game, this event just showed how bad everything works, maybe i’ll just come back on some special events.

First of all, i got DC for no reason in middle of the event and had to join the overflow again where they were far behind, so overall i spent like 4 hours there.
Then suddenly my guildmate comes when we’re about to kill ancient karka and asks me “Did event started ?”. He came at the end to kill karka, we both killed him. He opens chest, i open chest.

I got some exotic gloves and bow worth overall 1,5 gold. He gets the Colossus.
The Colossus for 5 minutes of play.

I am not even jelly, this is just frustrating, this whole RNG is. Then there was a feel of a huge waste of time while doing that event. Srsly i seen like 20 people just go afk and wait cause it was so boring.

I am a GW1 vet and this is my story. rotfl

+1

Posted by: showatt.9413

showatt.9413

lmao yeah completely agree.
It also confuses me why people as such feel the need to announce on the forum that they are leaving.

For hugs?

Posted by: Turismo.7612

Turismo.7612

It’s not about quitting, it’s about sending a message.

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

lmao yeah completely agree.
It also confuses me why people as such feel the need to announce on the forum that they are leaving.

For hugs?

Because they still have hope that the problems they see will be fixed, which would cause them to return.

Posted by: Lgn.3450

Lgn.3450

100% Disagree with the OP’s opinion on jump puzzles. I love GW2’s jump puzzles I have a blast doing them. I really enjoyed the Lost Shores one. The WvW jump puzzles are incredibly fun, EVEN if they’re being camped with siege. Just because you don’t enjoy them doesn’t mean A-net should stop making them. And what kind of loot do you expect from them when 90% of the jump puzzles are unbelievably easy. Not to mention that the loot received from Obsidian Sanctum JP is great.

Your opinion on jump puzzles, like many other complaints in your post are personal. While you may have touched on some real issues, most is drowned out by personal opinions (most of which I completely disagree with, and have had no issue with).

Posted by: hungryhippos.4980

hungryhippos.4980

you really hit it on the head. i agree with most everything.

Jump puzzles, like some people said, are fun, and I agree for the most part, what kills me is the rediculous camera angles, it gives me headaches when it zooms in and out and in and out over and over and over, throw in a big norn and charr and its gg rage quit.

Ya know, I would totally drop extra money on this game, but I haven’t seen a single thing that I’ve found interesting enough that is worth $$$ and the exchange rate for cash to gems is a complete joke. Why would I pay hundreds for a full armor set, really? Make couple armor sets that actually look good for 10-30 bucks cash, no gold. I’d rather hundreds or thousands of people drop 10 or 20 here and there rather than 10 people drop 500 on something…

Ayra Bleu Wynd (80 Elementalist), Carly R Jepson (80 Thief), Six Inch Samurai (80 Guardian)
Sir Spanx Too Much (80 Warrior), Lanevo X (80 Necromancer), Miss Meryzia (40 Mesmer)

Posted by: ConcernedPlum.1087

ConcernedPlum.1087

Don’t let your stuff go to waste. Give it to us who still like it. Seriously though some games just aren’t for everyone. Double seriously though I will take your gold