Disappointed in Achievement Chest

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Scruffy.3982

Scruffy.3982

So, I just earned my 6,000 AP Achievement Chest and what a disappointment it turned out to be! After all the hard work getting from 5,000 to 6,000 I would have thought the rewards would have been better. I got some stones for the Mystic Forge, a couple of Revive Orbs, some Karma, a couple of Writs of Experience, two blueprints for stuff I’m never going to want, a Bank Access Express and some boosters. No weapons, no armor, no upgrades, no rings or amulets, no special stuff from the Gem Store, not even the makeover ticket that came with 5,000 Achievement Chest. Oh, yes, I forgot another Hall of Monuments Portal Stone (surely one is enough?). With all the fuss over the new Dailies it makes me wonder what exactly we are all doing them for?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can check the Wiki for what each Chest may offer, so you won’t be disappointed, as much, in the future.

The better offerings only come at certain milestones (like every 5000 APs).

Good luck.

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

I just did my 17,500 and got roughly the same. The best things are on certain milestones every 2,500 as they give account wide boosts to mf etc. Also the big every 5000 milestones give gems and a good amount of gold and a title.
Those ones to me are what the achievement chests are best for.

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

The 6000 AP chest ‘should’ have come with a shoulder armour skin. If you didn’t get that then you need to log a support ticket because something went wrong.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Achievement_rewards

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

With all the fuss over the new Dailies it makes me wonder what exactly we are all doing them for?

- You’re doing them for Anet’s metrics. Every time you log-in and complete dailies, Arenanet gets the information that players are still playing the game.

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

For crying out loud.

When the game launched there were no achievement chests, no one complained.
Then they add chests and people complain it’s not good enough.

You people are never satisfied.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

For crying out loud.

‘Less bad’ /= ‘good’.

I also thought that the AP reward chests would get progressively better, but it’s really just the milestones (every 5k points or so). No complaints here though, we are getting significantly better content and rewards now.

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

For crying out loud.

- When you add reward to something, you change the motivation for doing the thing. If you’re doing it for the sake of having high achivement point count it’s different motivation than doing it for the reward chest.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Oh, yes, I forgot another Hall of Monuments Portal Stone (surely one is enough?).

Are you sure you got a HoM Portal Stone from an AP chest? You hadn’t just forgotten about it in your inventory or something? You definitely shouldn’t have gotten one of those.

Posted by: Allelya.6830

Allelya.6830

For crying out loud.

- When you add reward to something, you change the motivation for doing the thing. If you’re doing it for the sake of having high achivement point count it’s different motivation than doing it for the reward chest.

Instead of large rewards every 5k and mediocre rewards in between, I feel the rewards should have just gradually been better and better the more points you earn. It certainly drive me to do more stuff to get to the better rewards. I would also play even LONGER if it were PER CHARACTER rather than per account. But that’s just me.

Delvien – d/d Elementalist – Gates of Madness

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Oh, yes, I forgot another Hall of Monuments Portal Stone (surely one is enough?).

Are you sure you got a HoM Portal Stone from an AP chest? You hadn’t just forgotten about it in your inventory or something? You definitely shouldn’t have gotten one of those.

^

There are no Portal stones reported as rewards. There are a set of chests that repeat themselves. The Large Achievement Chest is given out every 1000 AP points and the items inside the chest don’t change.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Large_Achievement_Chest
2 copper
200 Badges of Honor
Box o’ Fun
2 Boosters (randomly selected)
2 blueprints (randomly selected), including superior versions and traps
2 Gem Shop items (randomly selected from those awarded for Daily)
2 Jugs of Liquid Karma
10 Mystic Forge Stones

That saying, while the items in the chest aren’t exciting (especially after you’ve gotten a few chests) they are useful. And there are the weapon/armor skins as well as steady increases to luck/gold/exp/karma.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The chests were better before they removed the PvP rewards that you got from it which included skins. But like others have said, it’s free rewards from doing nothing other than just playing the game. We didn’t have this at launch.

Posted by: The Tee Why.4807

The Tee Why.4807

The chests were better before they removed the PvP rewards that you got from it which included skins. But like others have said, it’s free rewards from doing nothing other than just playing the game. We didn’t have this at launch.

Yeah exactly, I mean if the new dailies are oh so annoying for some players…dont do them, they ARE optional.

Leader of [iLL] iLLuminatriots. | Gate of Madness

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I think the achievement point chests have become lackluster. They were introduced at a time when gold was worth less and the stuff that’s in them, many of us, have in quantity now. They’re not exciting to get.

That said, I don’t believe that the rewards should escalate for each chest, because that would be completely impossible to maintain (and I’m at 22,000 plus AP). I just think they need to be more interesting.

But the stuff I did, mostly, to get from 5000 to 6000 isn’t really any different or harder than the stuff I did to get from 4000 to 5000.

A lot of those achievement points are dailies and it’s easier for me to get 10 achievement points doing dailies now.

Something should be done, but I don’t believe making each chest better than the last is sustainable.

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Definitely. I regret that I held on to a chest to see the difference first hand. They are kind of meh, now only really notable are the tiers when gems happen.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Posted by: Slyfer.6478

Slyfer.6478

I’m at around 12k AP and me and a friend of mine were recently laughing over the fact that you get a few gold and laurels every 500 AP milestone – might as well not have it because it feels like the game is mocking you for going for AP’s in the first place. Only reason i look forward to AP is because of the really long goals, like gems and the armor skins. Everything in-between might not even exist because at a certain threshold it becomes a chore to unlock another zenith skin.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

They having milestone so ppl complain that it should be progressive and higher AP will always receive better reward.

If they did it progressive, another bunch of ppl would have complain that you need to farm AP to get any kind of good reward, that it discourage new player to go for any AP because all the good reward is a year away, etc.

No system is perfect, but this system is no bad. Some ppl would prefer another system, while other prefer this system. Its just achievement chest, i don’t want them to put too much time into that, that’s not why anyone play the game.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I think the most underestimated rewards you get when you get a chest is the account wide bonuses. They may not seem like much but I have over 25% XP boost now. I have a huge boost to my magic and gold find. These things do add up. They’re account wide and permanent.

But you don’t really think about them, compared to the physical stuff.

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Unfortunately, they reward us with a little bit of everything; something for PvPers, something for WvWers, something for PvEers, boosts, “fun” items, etc. So unless you participate in every facet of the game, you will receive stuff that is useless to you.

ANet can not know what everyone likes, so it makes a lot of sense to give us some sort of “gift certificates” with which we can select stuff we will appreciate. We don’t get AP Chests every day, and a reward should feel rewarding.

It would be nice if they gave us a chance to get hard-to-find stuff, like rare armor or weapon skins. (The Radiant/Hellfire stuff is the right idea, but I am soooooooo tired of being locked into Radiant for every character on my account. Why not let us pick from both? What the Hellfire? Must I get every Radiant weapon type unlocked before I see a piece of Hellfire equipment?)

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Unfortunately, they reward us with a little bit of everything; something for PvPers, something for WvWers, something for PvEers, boosts, “fun” items, etc. So unless you participate in every facet of the game, you will receive stuff that is useless to you.

ANet can not know what everyone likes, so it makes a lot of sense to give us some sort of “gift certificates” with which we can select stuff we will appreciate. We don’t get AP Chests every day, and a reward should feel rewarding.

It would be nice if they gave us a chance to get hard-to-find stuff, like rare armor or weapon skins. (The Radiant/Hellfire stuff is the right idea, but I am soooooooo tired of being locked into Radiant for every character on my account. Why not let us pick from both? What the Hellfire? Must I get every Radiant weapon type unlocked before I see a piece of Hellfire equipment?)

Not sure what you mean here. There are no Radiant/Hellfire weapons and you get to chose one armor piece from either set when it comes up. Choosing Radiant once doesn’t mean you can’t choose Hellfire the next time. You aren’t locked into one set once you make the initial choice.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Achievement_rewards

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Or how about think of it as a small thank you for continuing to play the game? I mean, seriously?

At this rate, people are going to ask for account bound precursors for loggi-… oh wait

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

I’ll just go on not thinking about it at all, not caring about it in the smallest of ways and largely finding it to be about entirely irrelevant to my gaming experience.

I do not understand the appeal of AP hunting. To those that love it, great. If it vanished entirely, I might not realize it until someone told me.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

It is a fair and legitimate complaint. Unfortunately the Achievements chest were a casualty of the PvP revamp. You used to get 8-10 skins for your wardrobe with each chest, the removed that with the PvP revamp and they didn’t replace it with anything. So now the best and only worthwhile part of the chests has been removed and they never bothered to fix it.

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Yeah they removed the pvp skins but never replaced them with something else, therefore making the chests less interesting.