Disappointed with RNG, opened 1000 ToT Bags

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: maniamsmart.7981

maniamsmart.7981

So I just opened 1,000 Trick or Treat Bags that I spent quite a good amount of time farming, and probably farming a lot more than the average casual player, and here where my results:

https://youtu.be/yIkC9sTyFJI

I was really disappointed after only getting one of the new Halloween weapon skins, and not a single mini, no Halloween gifts for crafting, and none of the Halloween gear either. I mean, I understand some of this stuff should be rare, but having less than 0.1% chance drop? That seems kind of harsh. Maybe I am not a hardcore enough gamer, but I think that’s a pretty ridiculously low percentage.

I at least wanted one of the new minis I guess this serves as a lesson to only sell these bags, I could have made over 50 gold.

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

3500 bags and i got 3 mini devil dogs two hammers and a huge load of crap. but meh, its just a game in the end

Posted by: Cassellw.4731

Cassellw.4731

yea i opened 1k bags a couple hrs ago too that i spent 4 hrs straight farming for and i only got 1 halloween wep skin which was a pistol and i play ele

Posted by: Zania.8461

Zania.8461

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

In the past 500 bags I got the mini devil dog 3 times. None of the other rare drops though. It is all RNG.

Posted by: Wiella.8567

Wiella.8567

Real stuff starts to drop starting with at least 20-30k bags.
You cannot really measure the drop chances by just 1k of those bags.

Right now, while halloween is rolling, it might actually be worth opening them since you can get:

- 450g+ priced tonic (I would say 1 per each 20-30k bags)

- 70-250g+ priced refractors (it was 1 per 100-200k bags, but it seems drop chance was raised and it is more like 1 per 10-20k bags now)

- 40-60g+ priced karka helm skin (I would say 1 per each 10-20k bags)

- 10-50g+ priced gifts (they were really rare before like 1 per 300-400k bags, but right now its 1 per each 10-20k bags)

- 1-10g+ priced weapon skins and mini (drop a lot, 10-20k is enough to get all of them)

- 1-10g- priced recipes, corns and loot to just sell on TP or vendor it

But unless you are going to actually open more than 10-20k bags – I would suggest you to just sell them on TP – you will certainly get your profit then.

But just to point this out – it is still RNG. You might not get anything even from 100k bags. Or you can get tons of stuff from just 1k of those bags. That can happen.

(edited by Wiella.8567)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Is that accurate though? It has last year’s shiny foil and none of the new weapons from this year or the new mini.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Wiella.8567

Wiella.8567

Is that accurate though? It has last year’s shiny foil and none of the new weapons from this year or the new mini.

It is surely not accurate for this year.
They have changed the drop rates for sure.
But yes, it seems that it was pretty accurate until this Halloween.

Posted by: Zania.8461

Zania.8461

Hrm, wiki needs updating/splitting then. Sorry for outdated info!

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

I opened 1k ToTs on Halloween launch day and the only new thing I got was 1 mini devil dog.

I opened another 1k the other day and got nothing unusual.

In contrast 2 months ago I opened up a stack of 250 ToTs and got Oontz’s Necklace of the Pumpkin with the Poly-luminescent Undulating Refractor (Orange) which WAS valued at over 400GP at the time.

/shrug It’s just the way RNG goes.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Ugh I wish I hadn’t seen that now. I would have been much better off selling the tot bags Ive opened thus far. I guess I’ll just sell the 300 I currently have…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

3500 bags and i got 3 mini devil dogs two hammers and a huge load of crap. but meh, its just a game in the end

A game, where it’s likely the only reason the OP is playing is to enjoy it, which he did not, which is the reason for this thread. So what is your point in saying that it’s “just a game in the end”?

mcwurth.2081

A game, where it’s likely the only reason the OP is playing is to enjoy it, which he did not, which is the reason for this thread. So what is your point in saying that it’s “just a game in the end”?

if he dont enjoy RNG maybe he should stop play then? geez, it is just virtual stuff, shrug it off and move on!

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

1k ToT bags is peanuts.
If I’m in a really good Lab I make a stack in less than 45 mins, If I’m in a slower it’s 200 bags in ~1 hour.
The event is up 2 weeks and you get ToT bags everywhere, so I don’t think that being disappointed after 1k bags really says something, sorry.

Edit: I wrote that I make 1k in 45 mins – fixed that.

(edited by Jana.6831)

Posted by: Crion.8465

Crion.8465

3000 bags and a whole lot of nothing.

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

Of course the “good” stuff is locked away by insanely low RNG. There’s thousands and thousands of people farming thousands and thousands of bags each day. To have a 30% chance at getting all the expensive crap would break any and all value they hold and would likely leave the content a barren wasteland after a week.

Posted by: JSmooth.7654

JSmooth.7654

yea i opened 1k bags a couple hrs ago too that i spent 4 hrs straight farming for and i only got 1 halloween wep skin which was a pistol and i play ele

You actually got a skin? Doing better than me, lol =P

I am a tank at heart.
Sometimes I wonder what I’m doing here…

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

It’s probably more lucrative to sell the bags then buy whatever drops from the bags on the trading post.

Posted by: maniamsmart.7981

maniamsmart.7981

if he dont enjoy RNG maybe he should stop play then? geez, it is just virtual stuff, shrug it off and move on!

Yeah, at the end of the day it is just a game and I admit, it was kind of fun to open 1000 bags, so I totally agree with you that people should just shrug it off. But I really wanted a mini I thought I could at least get one from a thousand bags. I also just found out they aren’t that expensive on the TP though, so I may just buy one there.

By no way am I complaining or ranting about not getting anything expensive or really awesome, it was a fun experience nonetheless. Just wanted to inform people that even with 1000 bags, which seems like a lot, it’s very likely that you may disappointed if you are expecting something big.

Posted by: Odyssey.6523

Odyssey.6523

Opened 1500 last night and got 4 skins (2 repeats, none over 10G) and the Green Refractor. Had over 300% MF at the time from celebration boosters/etc…

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

@OP

I opened over 1000 ToT bags as well and only thing I got was one weapon skin worth a little over 2 gold. You are not alone but meh, that’s RNG …and why I don’t use the mystic toilet.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I’ve gotten 3 weapon skins (no hammer), one of them twice, and 3 devil dogs. Out of around 1,000. Experiences will vary.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

First 50 bags or so, got Gwyn (the ghost dog, not sure how it’s spelled)…then in the next 150-200 got a pumpkin hammer (which I really wanted)…then next 100-150, or so, got nothing special.

Just luck, I guess. /shrug

mcwurth.2081

Yeah, at the end of the day it is just a game and I admit, it was kind of fun to open 1000 bags, so I totally agree with you that people should just shrug it off. But I really wanted a mini I thought I could at least get one from a thousand bags. I also just found out they aren’t that expensive on the TP though, so I may just buy one there.

By no way am I complaining or ranting about not getting anything expensive or really awesome, it was a fun experience nonetheless. Just wanted to inform people that even with 1000 bags, which seems like a lot, it’s very likely that you may disappointed if you are expecting something big.

;) yeah, i got two of the dogs stored for someone later, I always save this stuff and give it to people that do me a good deed in tyria takes some time sometimes, but this way i gave away a bunch of endless tonics and minis already.