Discuss: Are we ever going to see Cloaks?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AcFree.2489

AcFree.2489

Are we ever going to see proper cloaks in Guild Wars 2? It appears that they were intended to be in the game because the back-slot icon on the character menu is a cloak. Any thought on why they haven’t been implemented yet? If clipping with weapon/armor is the sole issue you’d figure there would already be a workaround for it this far after release.

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

I blame the lack of capes on the horrible Charr clipping.

Stupid tails ruining everything

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Posted by: AcFree.2489

AcFree.2489

That’s true but the tails clip on a lot of the armor already in the game. Not to mention Anet had to reduce one-handed weapon sizes on the Charr character models so they wouldn’t be poking through the ground. (some weapons still do anyhow.) Surely they could do something similar for cloaks.

Posted by: Azure Fang.8605

Azure Fang.8605

They could make Charr cloaks into mini-capes or tabards to avoid tail clipping. Now if only I could convince my reef drake to wear a saddle…

Posted by: Elricht Kaltwind.8796

Elricht Kaltwind.8796

I’m seriously puzzled re: what Anet has planned for capes exactly. I mean let’s examine the facts here:

1. Capes were the only back item in Guild Wars 1 and were a total icon of the franchise
  2. Absolutely everyone wore capes in Guild Wars 1 and loved them
  3. Capes were the best way to show off your guild
  4. Everyone in Guild Wars 2 really, really wants capes
  5. Every back item imagine able now exists in the game except capes. It’s like Anet is deliberately avoiding capes specifically. Why?

Posted by: Voreo Sabrae.5416

Voreo Sabrae.5416

Every back item imagine able now exists in the game except capes. It’s like Anet is deliberately avoiding capes specifically. Why?

This is why.

Rawr?

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

It’s not the Charrs that stop cape from being released. It’s the cape physics especially when swimming underwater for all races….

Posted by: Cometknight.9473

Cometknight.9473

clipping issues…more like mipping issues……..ha ha ha (nailed it)

5 lvl80 Warriors……..and counting

Posted by: Elricht Kaltwind.8796

Elricht Kaltwind.8796

It’s not the Charrs that stop cape from being released. It’s the cape physics especially when swimming underwater for all races….

What you mean like all the other pieces of armour with cloth physics that are in the game?

Posted by: Muntro.8597

Muntro.8597

I believe capes are the legendary back item and that we won’t see them implemented before anet decides to release it.

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

It appears that they were intended to be in the game because the back-slot icon on the character menu is a cloak.

Not really…the icon just depicts a typical back item – it doesn’t necessarily mean there are cloaks in the pipeline.
Still, never say never…

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

I believe capes are the legendary back item and that we won’t see them implemented before anet decides to release it.

if this is true it would be the only legendary item i would pursue, provided there was no stinking RNG attached to it.