Discussing Mystic Coins

Discussing Mystic Coins

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Here’s two ideas that fixes crazy market demand/manipulation:

1. Remove Shards of Glory and convert them to Mystic Coin. They serve the exact same purpose.

2. Or at least tie a break/conversion recipe like Glob of Ectoplasm and Crystalline Dust from Shards of Glory to Mystic Coin.

We don’t need more Mystic Coins needed for legendary weapons. Precursor crafting requires Shards of Glory.

Discussing Mystic Coins

Seera.5916

Half tempted to buy up what’s left to prove a point and see if Anet takes action in an upcoming update or at least acknowledges the issue.

Except me and many others are sitting on stacks of coins and would profit greatly if you were to do so – by waiting for you to post and gently undercutting you.

Sooner or later your stock would run out. And the prices would not go back to what they were before.

Depends on if “what they were before” was the equilibrium price or not. If it was, it would eventually return to that (would take while and demand would have to remain constant. If not, it would not return to there but instead to the new equilibrium price.

Discussing Mystic Coins

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

You need about 481 mystic coins for the new legendary weapons.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Tribute

That only shows a required 250 Mystic Coins (answers my question about which legendary, I haven’t looked into the new ones since I’m still working on an old legendary). The remaining ones can be bypassed with the monthly log in reward.

9.25-12.5 months depending on how many times you do the Mystic Forger daily is not that long to wait for enough Mystic Coins. And again, assuming a player has none when they decide to start making the legendary.

Look further at the 77 mystic clovers that are also needed.

Yea, and you can also get 7 Mystic Clovers from the Legendary Chest you get on Log in Day #28. So 11 of those chests later, and you’ve got your 77 Mystic Clovers without touching your supply of Mystic Coins.

At the cost of 20 laurels or a vision crystal and 1-2 ascended mats. So very expensive.

Discussing Mystic Coins

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Half tempted to buy up what’s left to prove a point and see if Anet takes action in an upcoming update or at least acknowledges the issue.

Except me and many others are sitting on stacks of coins and would profit greatly if you were to do so – by waiting for you to post and gently undercutting you.

Sooner or later your stock would run out. And the prices would not go back to what they were before.

Depends on if “what they were before” was the equilibrium price or not. If it was, it would eventually return to that (would take while and demand would have to remain constant. If not, it would not return to there but instead to the new equilibrium price.

If you have higher demand than supply, with even more demand waiting to happen, and have no way of manipulating those supply, don’t count on equilibrium stabilizing at below price that would only be reasonable to people with really, really big purses.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Discussing Mystic Coins

Seera.5916

That only shows a required 250 Mystic Coins (answers my question about which legendary, I haven’t looked into the new ones since I’m still working on an old legendary). The remaining ones can be bypassed with the monthly log in reward.

9.25-12.5 months depending on how many times you do the Mystic Forger daily is not that long to wait for enough Mystic Coins. And again, assuming a player has none when they decide to start making the legendary.

Yea, and you can also get 7 Mystic Clovers from the Legendary Chest you get on Log in Day #28. So 11 of those chests later, and you’ve got your 77 Mystic Clovers without touching your supply of Mystic Coins.

At the cost of 20 laurels or a vision crystal and 1-2 ascended mats. So very expensive.

Definitely, and it wouldn’t be the option I would take more than maybe once (I’m lazy, so I don’t want to do the 1 Mystic Clover recipe, but I know I can’t sell the excess off, choosing the chest once lets me not get excess but not use the 1 Mystic Clover recipe). Especially if I didn’t have the items that take gold to get taken care of.

Discussing Mystic Coins

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

oh boy we are still playing the hypotherical game I see. ez pz go on and put your gold where your mouth is and take control of the market to prove it. Seems odd that people are making complaints about easy free gold…. or you can take the alternative and be written off as a player exaggerating their story fishing for sympathy in a game world where no one else even bothers to glace at your character – choose wisely.

Lets get real though – its clearly obvious that you only intend to play for a few more months hence your inpatience – so preemptive/call dibs “can I haz your stuff?”

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Discussing Mystic Coins

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

I think ANET want us to PVP for the mystic clovers – reduces the number of mystic coins you need?

#HerdPlayerstoForcedBadContent

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Discussing Mystic Coins

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Just because you can get the end product somewhere else doesn’t negate that roughly 481 mystic coins are part of getting the new legendary weapons.

Doesn’t mean you can ignore the fact that there are other methods of acquisition of the Mystic Clover. And That Guy was saying if there were more means of Mystic Coins for the legendary that it would be fine. I pointed out that there was the Mystic Clovers from the chest and that is technically an alternate means to the same end result.

Seeing as how the new legendaries seem to be a very long term goal item (if the mat requirement for the old precursors are any indication of how long ANet wanted the new precursors to take…), I’m not sure how out of the realm of acceptable that 481+ Mystic Coin requirement is or is not.

I wasn’t ignoring them. I posted the link originally as a result of you questioning which legendary requires 250 or more coins.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Discussing Mystic Coins

Seera.5916

Just because you can get the end product somewhere else doesn’t negate that roughly 481 mystic coins are part of getting the new legendary weapons.

Doesn’t mean you can ignore the fact that there are other methods of acquisition of the Mystic Clover. And That Guy was saying if there were more means of Mystic Coins for the legendary that it would be fine. I pointed out that there was the Mystic Clovers from the chest and that is technically an alternate means to the same end result.

Seeing as how the new legendaries seem to be a very long term goal item (if the mat requirement for the old precursors are any indication of how long ANet wanted the new precursors to take…), I’m not sure how out of the realm of acceptable that 481+ Mystic Coin requirement is or is not.

I wasn’t ignoring them. I posted the link originally as a result of you questioning which legendary requires 250 or more coins.

The way you phrased it sounded like you had forgotten about it. Sorry for misunderstanding, I tend to be very literal.

And I had not looked into the new legendaries and the Wiki for the Mystic Coins isn’t very helpful on what recipes call for it. The only thing it lists is the Mystic Clover.

Discussing Mystic Coins

Axialbloom.8109

I went through nearly 2 stacks making Nevermore.

Discussing Mystic Coins

Seera.5916

I went through nearly 2 stacks making Nevermore.

Not getting the point you’re trying to make. I’ve been aware since Ayrilana posted the link to the Mystic Tribute on page 2 that the new legendaries take more Mystic Coins than the old legendaries.

Discussing Mystic Coins

Axialbloom.8109

The point is they are going to run out. Hell, even the PvP Legendary backpiece uses them.

Discussing Mystic Coins

Seera.5916

The point is they are going to run out. Hell, even the PvP Legendary backpiece uses them.

And we do not know if the supply will run out. We also don’t know that it won’t.

There hasn’t been enough time to really tell. In 6 months time demand could be down if the next set of legendaries isn’t released.

I believe ANet let the Mystic Coin become too common and wanted to make it a lot more rare. So they put the higher demand without increasing the rate of generation of the coins on purpose. And once the Mystic Coin reaches acceptable levels, they’ll adjust the system to increase supply or lower demand if the player base hasn’t already done it themselves. The rate of generation is too constant for them to not know what the effect would be of putting in items that require a lot of Mystic Coins.

Discussing Mystic Coins

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Over 3 years mystic coins have been needed for legy’s and hundrets other items. Anet was always fine with their price. They changed it with the daily login reward a little bit. And they changed it again with new mf recipes during and after HoT (so even the lazy people would see that these coins have a value).
Anet totally underestimated how much people of their playerbase are no life, hardcore asiagrinder.
That’s why there are now two items, mystic coins and gemstones, totally broken. Kind of funny how all the trader come out now and defend the broken design with their lives because they stocked up in time.. And of course some special snowflakes love the broken raise because they have been able to get some new legy for cheap directly after release and now they want to be a special shiny snowflake…
Probably that’s why anet usually only acts after issues have been repeatedly on reddit. (There at least the trolls and traders usually get just downvoted and forgotten.)

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Discussing Mystic Coins

Seera.5916

Over 3 years mystic coins have been needed for legy’s and hundrets other items. Anet was always fine with their price. They changed it with the daily login reward a little bit. And they changed it again with new mf recipes during and after HoT (so even the lazy people would see that these coins have a value).
Anet totally underestimated how much people of their playerbase are no life, hardcore asiagrinder.
That’s why there are now two items, mystic coins and gemstones, totally broken. Kind of funny how all the trader come out now and defend the broken design with their lives because they stocked up in time.. And of course some special snowflakes love the broken raise because they have been able to get some new legy for cheap directly after release and now they want to be a special shiny snowflake…
Probably that’s why anet usually only acts after issues have been repeatedly on reddit. (There at least the trolls and traders usually get just downvoted and forgotten.)

Newsflash: I’m not a trader. I do not even have the Golden Achievement. I’ve currently got under 20g because I decided I’d rather gear up an alt than save for legendary materials. I also don’t even have 1 stack of Mystic Coins. I’ve also never purchased any nor have I sold any. I also don’t have any legendaries or even a precursor.

But I also know that prices don’t stabilize quickly, especially if it’s for something that’s long term.

I’m not saying there isn’t a problem with Mystic Coins, but I’m also not saying there is a problem with mystic Coins. What I’m saying is it’s too soon to tell if there is a problem or if it’s just a price adjustment put in place by ANet to get Mystic Coins in line with where they want them.

I can’t speak on the amalgamated gems/orbs/whatever as I don’t even know how one obtains them.

Not everyone who disagrees with your assessment of the problem is a trader with profits on the line. So stop assuming everyone is. I can’t speak for the others who have disagreed with you on whether or not they’ve speculated on the Mystic Coin market.

Discussing Mystic Coins

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

I got that covered in an earlier post that some people just don’t und er stand how the game works. And yes… prices don’t stabilize quickly… 3.5 years is not quickly!

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Discussing Mystic Coins

Posted by: Exarbur.6732

Exarbur.6732

Facts:
Supply of Mystic Coins cant increase except Anet does something
Demand will increase, at the latest when the new legendaries are released.
Therefore the Price will increase until the Point the Supply is increased.

Now i dont see a supply increase happen very soon, i am willing to bet this will only happen after the price skyrockets at some point. Cause why should anet do anything before, that is just work.

So i bought my Stacks a time ago ^^

But now to the funny part, since the Start of this thread ppl are trying to get the price down again, by selling their coins a lot lower then they should. Like 7 silver down in 20 mins.

Before this thread you never had such a high difference ^^

Discussing Mystic Coins

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

could you imagine the outrage if fulgarite was tradeable, but a daily timegate?

Actually, fulgurite was tradeable for the first 10 days of HoT. I bought 2 stacks for 300g each for future use because i couldnt see myself farming the sparks.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Discussing Mystic Coins

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

To be honest Fulgarite needs to be tradable.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Discussing Mystic Coins

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

Endlevel content is not supposed to be accessed fast. So there are mechanics that prevent players (who play a lot) to get what they want too soon; for what else would there be to gain if you already own everything? Mystic coin distribution is one of those mechanics. Allowing only 1 specific material to be crafted per day is another. There are more. Just accept it as a way to keep looking foreward to something.

Discussing Mystic Coins

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

could you imagine the outrage if fulgarite was tradeable, but a daily timegate?

Actually, fulgurite was tradeable for the first 10 days of HoT. I bought 2 stacks for 300g each for future use because i couldnt see myself farming the sparks.

But it was never on a daily timegate, which was the comparison I was making.

Discussing Mystic Coins

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

To be honest Fulgarite needs to be tradable.

It really doesn’t.

The entire purpose of Fulgarite is to force people to keep playing the HoT maps, and preventing them from all congregating into 1 or two maps like they did pre-hot.

Its working. You can play on any of the HoT maps at any time of day with little trouble.

Mystic coins seem fine to me as well. They will eventually stabilize, but they have been largely worthless for the games history. They were supposed to be a valuable reward for playing the game regularly. They are finally getting close to that original goal. I think if they double in price again they will be there.

Discussing Mystic Coins

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

I would love a way to convert my fat stacks of memories of battle and shards of glory into mystic coins.

Osu

Discussing Mystic Coins

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

I would love a way to convert my fat stacks of memories of battle and shards of glory into mystic coins.

They are all tradeable on the TP, so convert away…

Discussing Mystic Coins

Posted by: Milkshake.4038

Milkshake.4038

Mystic coin supply is almost 30k now and price is decreasing slowly. I think people saw the good price and started to sell their stacks. What do you think will happen in the next few weeks?