[Discussion] Lack of Skimpy Male Armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

For a while now I’ve wanted some skimpy male armor, but it seems only the heavy male classes and any weight class of females, get them (particularly the chest region).

We all know Anet’s fetish for large breasts on women:

Zodiac top:[http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Zodiac_Heavy_Armor_Skin_human_female_front.jpg]

Raiment of the lich:[http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Raiment_of_the_Lich_norn_female_front.jpg]

To name a few examples…

And that’s fine… understandably there are most likely a lot of straight male staff members that like designing skimpy armor for females… but what about the rest of us who want a bit of male skimpy? What about something that REALLY shows off the abs and/or muscles for men? It’s unfair that females seem to get all the skimpy, and males get next to nothing.

I personally bought the raiment of the lich oufit just so that my male elementalist could have some abs and, well, pretty much the whole chest showing, but even then, this limits me as to what I can wear (because it’s an outfit >_<)

Now this has probably been suggested a few times, but the mere fact that we are still talking about it should mean that Anet needs to look into this at some point… right?

So this is why I decided to make this topic. Let’s start a discussion. What sort of male skimpy would YOU like to see in the game? Feel free to show concepts/ideas from other games to give Anet an idea of what you wanna see.

For me personally, I think it would be awesome to have a Lord Faren’s Underwear skin available from the gemstore (as well as a kasmeer’s bikini skin for females). I think that would be a fitting summer gemstore sale.

I’d also like to see some sort of skimpy stuff similar to the castanic armor from Tera for male characters.

Right now I feel like this isn’t even on the horizon (though I live in hope that one day it’ll happen…). Until then, I suppose my male elementalist will just have to go shirtless and have a lot less defence.

Tl;DR There is a lack of male skimpy armor and there is also gender inequality when it comes to showing skin. We need more male skimpy armor. Post what you’d like to see implemented.

Attachments:

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

It’s not only humans. To show off fur, tattoos and glow are valid reasons to want skimpy armor. While it’s possible to find female options on some armors and sexes, male armor is lacking in skimpy fur/glow/tattoos displaying choices.

Attachments:

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

Yes, there are far more skimpy female armours in the game. I’m sorry if you feel like they should have the same exact number for their customers. I don’t mean to sound sexist, but I’m pretty sure that most of the players are straight males. So it sort of makes sense to me.
It would be nice to have an option to hide any part of the armour. I already made a topic like this. I don’t know if we need more skimpy armour for males though. We already have these. (Attachments)
The majority of light armours for males is insanely feminine. I’m pretty sure those were designed for female players. If we speak about lack of skimpy male armour, how about light armour which wasn’t designed for yaoi characters? Some heavy armours which don’t look like a bunch of spikes would be nice as well. Not to mention current issues we have with some races. (Like male/female armour for charrs looking the same etc.)

Attachments:

(edited by Yoroiookami.3485)

Zaoda.1653

It’s not only humans. To show off fur, tattoos and glow are valid reasons to want skimpy armor. While it’s possible to find female options on some armors and sexes, male armor is lacking in skimpy fur/glow/tattoos displaying choices.

I didn’t even think about Charr or Sylvari or anything like that, but now that you mention it, what you bring up is very true. I think even if not for male skimpy (as some might not want it?), people want to show more skin, or tattoos or glow, like you say.

@Yoroiookami.3485,

Yeah it’s kinda annoying for me being in the 10% of the population XD I mean I fully expect there to be a lot more straight males, and likewise, more cleavage for females, I guess I just feel a bit left out, that’s all :-(

I agree, most light male armors look quite feminine. I don’t know why that is either. I personally still haven’t found a full outfit that I like for my male ele too (apart from the original flamekissed t3 light armor – but that’s never to be brought back so…). Of all those 4 pics you showed, I think #1 and #2 are the best (shows a bit of nip and abs), but they’re both heavy classes :-( I wish Anet would give light male armor particularly, some love in the skimpy department – or like you say, (and this is a great idea), allow us to hide pieces – like the chest (I know a lot of medium classes would probably like this too, being as 98% of the tops are trench coats :-/)

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

The OP is a little rude, but there would be nothing wrong with them adding a few more skimpy male armors if they felt like it. The problem is that they haven’t been releasing new armors anymore, favoring “outfits” instead, and even if they did add new armors “skimpy” might not fit the overall theme they wanted, so it might be a while.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Zaoda.1653

Rude? How so? I’m just suggesting more male skimpy? o_O if you were perhaps suggesting I was rude by saying Anet has a fetish for large breasts on females, I wasn’t being rude, I was stating the facts – as pointed out by 2 screenshots of females with large breasts (we don’t see that much skin for many males – just saying). I can provide more evidence of boob-themed armor if you want, but I figured 2 was enough to put the point across.

Edit: For example… below are just some of the very skin oriented/boob themed female armor, compared to the lack of skimpy male armor. There’s clearly a LOT more skin on the females when compared with the males.

The top two male skimpy skins I’d say would be the scallywag chest (if only it were available to light and medium!), and the pit fighter chest (again, if it were only available to the other classes). These two are perfect – I wouldn’t change a thing. It’s just a shame that only the heavy class benefits from these skimpy skins.

The zodiac is definitely nice on males, and I would place that a good 3rd place – it’s just, shiny blue abs are extremely hard to match no matter what weight class you are (unless perhaps you’re a sylvari with ‘blueberry’ colored skin, then in that case you might look very good). If there were a flesh version of zodiac, that would be AMAZING.

And finally, the feathered top is great, and deserving of 4th place, but is completely ruined by the long sleeves. It’s sort of like limp asparagus – it’s one of my favourite vegetables, but sorry, limp asparagus just isn’t that appetising :-/

Attachments:

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Do you think you would see any more skimpy clothed males around even if there were more options or would you be happy to just outfit your own characters in them?

Zaoda.1653

Considering 10% of the population are LGBT, like myself, I would say yes – there would be demand for it. Obviously there wouldn’t be A LOT of skimpy males, but I’m sure we’ve seen the half (or full) naked norn dancing every now and then :-P

I don’t understand the 2nd part you’re saying… of course I would want everyone to have this option – I’m not selfish XD

Even if more skimpy male armor wasn’t a possibility, the least we should have is the option to hide individual armor pieces – we have it for the head, shoulders and gloves, why not chest, legs and boots?

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Guild Wars 2 is tame in comparison to just about every other MMO on the market. The female outfits aren’t that revealing at all. I’m all for more customization so if they add skimpy male outfits I’d have no qualms with that. I just think that people focus on the skimpy outfits for females too much when in reality, there are plenty of outfits that aren’t revealing as well.

Also, on the subject of breasts and visible skin; There’s nothing wrong with it and I really dislike the way you’ve stated it as though there is. Maybe I’m just misinterpreting things but anyone who thinks it’s not okay to like looking at half naked women is an idiot. We’re all human beings and we all enjoy s?x, ain’t nothing wrong with liking boobs and d?ck.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Zaoda.1653

Guild Wars 2 is tame in comparison to just about every other MMO on the market. The female outfits aren’t that revealing at all. I’m all for more customization so if they add skimpy male outfits I’d have no qualms with that. I just think that people focus on the skimpy outfits for females too much when in reality, there are plenty of outfits that aren’t revealing as well.

Also, on the subject of breasts and visible skin; There’s nothing wrong with it and I really dislike the way you’ve stated it as though there is. Maybe I’m just misinterpreting things but anyone who thinks it’s not okay to like looking at half naked women is an idiot. We’re all human beings and we all enjoy s?x, ain’t nothing wrong with liking boobs and d?ck.

I wasn’t implying there was anything wrong with skin or boobs being shown, the point I was trying to get across was that I believe Anet are biased when it comes to showing skin/abs/muscles/anything revealing for males (you only need to see the amount of revealing skin there are for females, compared to males – the ratio is far from equal). To clear up the misinterpretation: I’m ALL for more skin being revealed (more male skimpy please :P) – it’s why I made this thread!

Heck, I remember in GW1 days when we had that assassin elite exotic armor. What happened to stuff like that? I feel Anet are being super conservative when it comes to males :-(

Attachments:

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Ohoni.6057

Rude? How so? I’m just suggesting more male skimpy? o_O if you were perhaps suggesting I was rude by saying Anet has a fetish for large breasts on females, I wasn’t being rude, I was stating the facts – as pointed out by 2 screenshots of females with large breasts (we don’t see that much skin for many males – just saying). I can provide more evidence of boob-themed armor if you want, but I figured 2 was enough to put the point across.

That you understand why you were being rude only highlights that you should show the wisdom of refraining from doing so. These are good men and women who design the models for the game, and it’s impolite to cast aspersions on their character just because you do not enjoy some of their designs. An imbalance in the amount of skin shows does not mean anything other than that there is an imbalance in the amount of skin shown. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

done by now.”

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Considering 10% of the population are LGBT, like myself, I would say yes – there would be demand for it. Obviously there wouldn’t be A LOT of skimpy males, but I’m sure we’ve seen the half (or full) naked norn dancing every now and then :-P

I don’t understand the 2nd part you’re saying… of course I would want everyone to have this option – I’m not selfish XD

Even if more skimpy male armor wasn’t a possibility, the least we should have is the option to hide individual armor pieces – we have it for the head, shoulders and gloves, why not chest, legs and boots?

I wouldn’t be so sure about that, I mean even if 10% are part of that group, every tenth male I see (in real or in games) are not clothed in skimpy clothes even if that would be possible, or even in a way that you could recognize them to be part of that 10%. But you can also be right of course, it’s all speculation.

Sorry about that second part, it was a bit confusing. I just ment that if they added more skimpy options, would it disappoint you if the total amount of skimpy clothed males would not increase as much as you expect it to, or would you still be happy that at least you could use them.

Edit: just adding that I am not against your suggestion, more options is always great thing, but just thinking out aloud how popular it would be. More popular armor is, more likely it is that it actually gets added.

(edited by Ameepa.6793)

Posted by: archdemonXIII.7063

archdemonXIII.7063

I’m a straight male and I fully support more skimpy armors for males. Just because it opens more choices for character design.

Sometimes you want to show a disregard for danger by wearing minimal armor. (why can’t we dress like Zerk operates?)

Humor value. Maybe you just think it’s funny to run around killing things half-naked. (I want to fight dragons in a speedo. I mean my toon wearing one. A dragon in a speedo would be ridiculous)

Maybe you just want to dress like a piece of eyecandy. (ladies can appreciate this, too….. I have female guildies that have stated they would be more likely to make male toons if they could make them all beefcake)

I’m all for making more skimpy female armor as well… while female armor does show more skin, your options are actually still fairly limited if you want to go full on stripperiffic.

Then again It’s also hard to make a female set that doesn’t show skin either…. both need to be addressed I think.

Zaoda.1653

Ah ok thanks for the clarification Ameepa :-P It wouldn’t bother me if hardly anyone wore skimpy male skins, for me personally, it’s just I have an unhealthy obsession with how I want my characters to look. Like, literally, if I had a dollar for everytime I transmuted my armor, I would probably be able to afford a small car by now. I can never decide what to wear (although when that t3 flamekissed light armor came out I was sold, and for once in my life I was actually happy with my male elementalist’s look – but sadly it didn’t last because it was taken away forever because of the controversy behind it), and it takes me forever to finally be happy with my characters appearance, but once I’m happy with it, it’s done & dusted and I no longer have to spend my gold on transmutation stones XD

Going back to the first paragraph – I think not many males wear skimpy stuff simply because there is a lack of skimpy skins for them – most of them are coats with long sleeves. As I showed in an earlier post, there aren’t many options for us guys when compared to skimpy female skins, but having said that, in all fairness, I think even if we were given more skimpy skins for males, I don’t think they would be as popular because I assume most straight guys wouldn’t want to see skimpy males – as that particular eye candy doesn’t do anything for them. I would put money on it that we’d see an influx of dancing skimpy norn though XD

I mean, I can’t speak for others, but I know that I for one would wear a lot of male skimpy. I guess what I’m saying is, while male skimpy might not be as popular as female skimpy, the fact remains that there should be more male skimpy at least available to us (as an option) even if it won’t sell as much. It’s sort of like the gemstore stuff – there are a lot of skins that no one likes, but there WILL always be someone at some point in time, that likes that particular skin (that no one likes) and buys it, simply because the option is there and they want it… and the more options that are available to us, the higher the chance that Anet will reap the rewards from it.

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Zaoda.1653

I’m a straight male and I fully support more skimpy armors for males. Just because it opens more choices for character design.

Sometimes you want to show a disregard for danger by wearing minimal armor. (why can’t we dress like Zerk operates?)

Humor value. Maybe you just think it’s funny to run around killing things half-naked. (I want to fight dragons in a speedo. I mean my toon wearing one. A dragon in a speedo would be ridiculous)

Maybe you just want to dress like a piece of eyecandy. (ladies can appreciate this, too….. I have female guildies that have stated they would be more likely to make male toons if they could make them all beefcake)

I’m all for making more skimpy female armor as well… while female armor does show more skin, your options are actually still fairly limited if you want to go full on stripperiffic.

Then again It’s also hard to make a female set that doesn’t show skin either…. both need to be addressed I think.

Oh wow, thanks for your post! I’m surprised there are straight guys who would support this – so thanks for that!

Yes there would definitely be some players that want the skins just for humor purposes – the amount of naked norn that dance in my face while in EOTM is so odd that sometimes you just have to laugh XD

As it is, I always have my naked mini lord faren with me at all times, and it brings great joy (and bewilderment) to players when they see a mini naked human running around.

Posted by: Furesy.6935

Furesy.6935

I would have no problem with this at all. There’s plenty for us males to choose from.

This game is already ridiculous in the amount of sparkles and particle effects. So it wouldn’t hurt anything.

(e.g. just make all armor parts hide-able as well, would by far be easiest as well)

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Well, don’t know if that what I want for my male thief would be classified as “skimpy”, but I’d love a tank top, longsleeve and fingerless gloves and maybe some combat boots – well in fact I would love to be able to make characters look like Brandon Lee in the Crow. So to me not “skimpy” but “cool” ;)

Edit: Minus the trenchcoat (and makeup)

(edited by Jana.6831)

Yoroiookami.3485

I wasn’t implying there was anything wrong with skin or boobs being shown, the point I was trying to get across was that I believe Anet are biased when it comes to showing skin/abs/muscles/anything revealing for males (you only need to see the amount of revealing skin there are for females, compared to males – the ratio is far from equal). To clear up the misinterpretation: I’m ALL for more skin being revealed (more male skimpy please :P) – it’s why I made this thread!

Heck, I remember in GW1 days when we had that assassin elite exotic armor. What happened to stuff like that? I feel Anet are being super conservative when it comes to males :-(

I think anet is more conservative than other MMORPGs in general, which I’m actually grateful for. Except – orrian heavy armour used to look amazing on females. I started doing Orr runs just to get it, but they “fixed”. Now it just looks sad. I know it doesn’t look like much, but it is.

Btw.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/I-demand-more-skimpy-male-armour/first
It’s been said. =( I don’t think anet plans on adding any new FREE armour at all. The carapace seems like a one-time thing.

Attachments:

Posted by: iriyabran.6218

iriyabran.6218

Throws my arms up in support. I think TERA did it right when it comes to making sexualized males and gender equal armor choices. From what I’ve seen FF IV does well too.

I only have 1 male character but I felt really bad for my friends who were looking forward to wearing some butterflies on their mesmers only to find out male carapace has no butterflies at all.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I hope you get your wish, to have more choices and options that suit you without taking away any choices and options that others currently have.

Unfortunately, the direction the live team has taken slowly over the last year is to address inequality by not making more choices and options available for those who don’t like some of the existing content the original developers created, but by taking things away from us and telling us the only possible way to solve the other people’s issues with choices and options are to take yours away from you.

1. Some of the town clothing (and the town clothing mix-n-match mechanic in it’s entirety, and no, I don’t believe the spin on how it was impossible to convert).

2. Human female running animation (never did get an explanation on this).

3. Human female idle animations (yes, I know, not appropriate in LS cut scenes, but sure that could have been solved differently).

If they were interested in providing choices and options for everyone and not undoing and scrapping the work the original developers did that many of us enjoyed, they could have approached some of these from a completely different angle.

Instead of scrapping the old running animation after drawing up a completely new one, why not make the running animation a character attribute, like eye color or hair? Let us choose which animation we want? They could even create ‘more’ running animations for different races and sell them in the store! Which would boost full makeover kit sales! A skipping Asuran, for example!

Idle animations? Why not add a flag where some of them aren’t done during the cut scenes rather than pulling them out? As the case with running, why not let us choose which ones our characters have, and sell more in the shop? Not too different that finishing moves, after all.

I don’t know what to say about town clothes, but I lost a lot in that, and they could have made anything work…if they wanted to.

So while I hope you get what you want, history shows that they don’t seem terribly interested in solving inequalities by adding content and systems to give choices and options for everyone. They will solve it by taking away more things from us.

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

hmmmmmmm

:|

/15chars

Attachments:

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Bring back scar pattern from gw1. Skimpy for both the boys and girls.

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Totally agree! I would love to see more sexier armor for male characters!
Warriors got the most (which is pretty few) hottest armors! I just love when they’re showing off their abs, arms and legs.

I’ve seen a thread like this a few times before and one person posted an alternative version of Human T3 medium armor for a Male character of the female set...
Looks really nice! I’ll see if I’ll find it.

The legs from the Profane armor set really shows how nice the human male butt looks like We need more armors to show off their butts.

Edit: Ah! I found the alt version of the male T3 armor.

Attachments:

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

(edited by Alga.6498)

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Straight as well and can support the idea. In other games it was rather fun to do naked assaults. Nothing better in PvP then being killed by the naked people even if you were laughing while they killed you. Something to be said for the shock factor as well. Options are the key though.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I think more options are always good. Male options not only for sexiness but for barbarian looks, etc.

I would also like to see female choices that show skin like arms or legs but are not “boob-focused”.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Just throwing in my support. I think many MMO’s are tainted by the skimpy female armor fetish in general. Lets get some more equality in this genre.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Yoroiookami.3485

I would also like to see female choices that show skin like arms or legs but are not “boob-focused”.

Plenty of those to be honest.

Also please don’t turn this game into TERA. I like that females wear armour that actually protects them. (There are exceptions ofc)

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

+ 1000000 to the OP. I’ve made similar threads in the past.

There’s several skimpy male NPC outfits that could be opened up to PCs.
There’s the Tribal Outfit. Bring it BACK!
Reinment of the Lich would be great if you could disable the shoulders and arms.

Oh and let’s not forget what Anet already designed in GW1.

Attachments:

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

I would like to see more options for male and female characters, and not have the other races left with subpar qualities of the human/norn armor skins.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

I’m all for more skin for males, my norn wants to show off. A lot of armours in game that have a skimpier version for the female could work on the male. Look at the duelist/ named medium set for example. Just change the shape of the chest plate and that could total work on the male. Vise versa male version would look amazing on the females.

I would just like to point out that the OP makes a false assumption, that the armour designers are male. I do believe it was pointed out before that they were design mostly by afemale. Even the skimpier ones.

On the phone, so I’m not digging through the net to find that sources, just take my word.

(edited by BobbyT.7192)

Zaoda.1653

Warriors got the most (which is pretty few) hottest armors! I just love when they’re showing off their abs, arms and legs.

I’ve seen a thread like this a few times before and one person posted an alternative version of Human T3 medium armor for a Male character of the female set…

The legs from the Profane armor set really shows how nice the human male butt looks like We need more armors to show off their butts.

OMFG I want that T3 version. Now. Anet. Make. Happen. Please. Yes. Want. Much.

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

I’ve seen a thread like this a few times before and one person posted an alternative version of Human T3 medium armor for a Male character of the female set…

+10000

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

+10000

I know, right!! Would look much better

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: tofumon.5924

tofumon.5924

I’m a straight guy but I agree when it comes to skimpy armor it would be ideal if both genders were equally represented. This is so I don’t have to feel as guilty when I use the skimpiest female armor possible.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I always support more cosmetic options for players, so /signed.

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

You might not know this, but a lot of the female armors were designed by a female developer and/or female developers(I honestly can’t remember exactly, but I know it was at least one, and I believe 2 if not 3), so to say it’s a male thing…is completely baseless.

Posted by: zerorogue.9410

zerorogue.9410

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The Star armor actually made it into GW2 as a tattoo style for Norn characters.

Yoroiookami.3485

make it happen arenanet

Please do not. Pretty please. Let’s add new gear, but let’s do it the way so most players won’t go blind.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

So, I heard some crowing about adding Anise’s dress to the gem shop.
Think maybe we can get that for the males too, pet?

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Ohoni.6057

I guess what I’m saying is, while male skimpy might not be as popular as female skimpy, the fact remains that there should be more male skimpy at least available to us (as an option) even if it won’t sell as much.

That’s not exactly true. That might be what you’d like to see, but what should happen is that they should spend their efforts as best they can to make the most people happy. Nothing comes for free. So if they feel they can spend their efforts wisely to make some skimpy male costumes, then they will do so, but they don’t have to make them just because you want them, if they do not believe that enough other people will want them to justify the effort involved.

done by now.”

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

….or you know….. we could have more “armor.”

Maybe some more pants instead of all the men wearing a dress/skirt all the time would be pretty cool too.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Maybe some more pants instead of all the men wearing a dress/skirt all the time would be pretty cool too.

Especially for Charr.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Azhure.1857

You might not know this, but a lot of the female armors were designed by a female developer and/or female developers(I honestly can’t remember exactly, but I know it was at least one, and I believe 2 if not 3), so to say it’s a male thing…is completely baseless.

I agree.

Azhure.1857

Especially for Charr.

^ THIS! So much of this!
+10,000

Djinn.9245

Also please don’t turn this game into TERA. I like that females wear armour that actually protects them. (There are exceptions ofc)

I disagree that there are “plenty” of female armor that shows skin but not boobs. And I am talking about having choices. I completely agree that there should be more female armor that actually protects and have stated so in many other threads. However those who want to wear skimpy armor should also have that choice.

All I’m saying is that the armor choices should be more evenly spread between realistic, sexy, and stuff in-between.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Djinn.9245

While that may be true (I haven’t read any evidence), it is still true that the artists are given direction by someone else.

Yoroiookami.3485

I disagree that there are “plenty” of female armor that shows skin but not boobs. And I am talking about having choices. I completely agree that there should be more female armor that actually protects and have stated so in many other threads. However those who want to wear skimpy armor should also have that choice.

All I’m saying is that the armor choices should be more evenly spread between realistic, sexy, and stuff in-between.

You may disagree all you like. I was stating facts, actually:
Light:
http://www.gw2armor.com/human/female/karma/light/front.jpg
http://www.gw2armor.com/human/female/crafted/light/front.jpg
http://www.gw2armor.com/human/female/honor/light/front.jpg
http://www.gw2armor.com/human/female/wvw/light/front.jpg
http://www.gw2armor.com/human/female/k2/light/front.jpg
http://www.gw2armor.com/human/female/k5/light/front.jpg
http://www.gw2armor.com/human/female/c3/light/front.jpg
http://www.gw2armor.com/human/female/vigil/light/front.jpg
http://www.gw2armor.com/human/female/whispers/light/front.jpg
Medium:
http://www.gw2armor.com/human/female/honor/medium/front.jpg
http://www.gw2armor.com/human/female/coe/medium/front.jpg
http://www.gw2armor.com/human/female/named/medium/front.jpg
http://www.gw2armor.com/human/female/c3/medium/front.jpg
http://www.gw2armor.com/human/female/whispers/medium/front.jpg
Heavy:
http://www.gw2armor.com/human/female/arah/heavy/front.jpg
http://www.gw2armor.com/human/female/k2/heavy/front.jpg
http://www.gw2armor.com/human/female/vigil/heavy/front.jpg

And those are just humans.

Djinn.9245

You may disagree all you like. I was stating facts, actually:

<snip pics>

And those are just humans.

An outfit’s “sexiness” (which I do not want) is apparently subjective since I disagree with you for many of your examples. And I’m not sure why you are arguing with me – as I said I would simply like a greater variety in choices. Both full armor and not, sexy and not.

(edited by Djinn.9245)