Discussion:Lightning Fields+Cleaving Leap Fin

Discussion:Lightning Fields+Cleaving Leap Fin

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

After discussing it with a QA dev in game and the recent change to blast finishers+light fields, we reached some ideas that could help change and buff lightning fields+leap finishers that cleave/aoe multiple foes without making them too overpowered.

Some leap attacks hit multiple foes while still counting as a leap. Such examples include:

The issue I personally face, and sometimes you may, is your single target is surrounded by multiple enemies and you happen to use one of the above skills through a lightning field and it dazes a random foe rather than the one intended or only dazes one foe when you expect an AoE/Cleave leap to daze multiple foes

The Suggestions we ran across:(To be taking suggestions from your posts below as well)

• 1. AoE/Cleave Leaping through a lightning field should daze all foes hit up to the max cap. (Vault would hit 5 foes & Daze 5 foes, Swoop would hit 3 and daze 3 etc)
  • 2. AoE/Cleave Leaping through a lightning field should daze your current targeted target upon dealing the damage and not daze the others but still dealing normal damage
  • 3. AoE/Cleave Leaping through a lightning field should daze all foes hit up to the max cap but have an ICD of 1 or 2 seconds per lightning field to prevent constant spam. [Each character can use it 1 time per 1 or 2 seconds but all players can use it simultaneously thus the field has no cap, just the player has a 1 or 2 second cap] (Vault would hit 5 foes & Daze 5 foes, Swoop would hit 3 and daze 3 etc)

I look forward to hearing your ideas and suggestions, Also hope to add them to the above given they are reasonable

Personally I’m all for suggestion 1 or 3

If you see me online, hit me up with any suggestions and I’ll hear you out.

(edited by Lithril Ashwalker.6230)