[Discussion] Your Main Issues With The Game?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Objection to your objection. Since you haven’t played WoW in awhile, I’ll update you. Upon logging into the game as a new player, you receive a shadow horse… which already disproves your point. There’s quite literally a plethora of various ways to earn mounts in WoW nowadays. Achievements, PvP, the in-game store, tournaments, quests, and heck, you can even craft some mounts. So, essentially, the guy above you was right. You earn mounts by playing the main story and completing your choice of any of the listed items above.

Here’s a list of all the mounts and my source: http://www.warcraftmounts.com/gallery.php

Your list of mounts is a list of all mounts, not a list of mounts by how they are obtained. It also includes mounts that are no longer obtainable (Gladiator mounts, launch swift mounts, AQ event mount).

Umm… click on the link and look directly to your left. You’ll see a list of “Mounts by Source”. Under that list are mounts that can be obtained through quests, the ingame store, raids, world events, and many other ways.

Yes, the general list of all mounts that I linked you to included mounts that have been removed from the game.

I’m happy that you’ve obtained over 200 mounts, but I pride myself on the fact that I nearly have all of the mounts. I’m currently sitting at 412 mounts, and if I’m correct, there are currently 425 mounts in-game. I did a fair amount of grinding for a few of them… I would say maybe 20 of them, but the rest I obtained simply by completing a few tasks — it really isn’t difficult.

Obtaining mounts does not require a ton of grinding.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

My main issues with the game revolve around the grind and the burgeoning gap between dev team and playerbase due to poor communication issues.

When a festival like Halloween revolves around either heavy grind or draining the economy, what was once the original focus of GW2 seems almost lost. ANet are quite capable of producing fun, engaging content for festivals and yet it feels like we have less each year with only monstrous candy corn sinks to make up for it. I am not wholly opposed to grind, esp for social items, but festivals are not the place for such excessiveness.

In terms of comms, the problem is lake of engagement. I understand the toxicity that sometimes exists from social media outlets like forums, reddit, twitter and that Anet prob get it hurled at them a lot so feel the need to pull back. That doesn’t mean everyone else should suffer. Where are the regular and in depth blogs? Where are the discussions on forthcoming content? Where are we going as a game?
MMO’s suffer without constant dialogue between both parties and without anything to look forward to, they will drift away.

To give an example of this, I had pretty much given up on Lotro. However, they announced an expansion into Mordor within the next year and it motivated me to get playing again and finally finish the journey. I have no idea where GW2 is headed or what the plans are, so where is the engagement in the future of the game?

That’s just me personally.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Personal loot / the contribution system. Sure, it’s great if you’re a casual player, but it heavily rewards zerging and leechers while further punishing playing while undermanned. If something is scaled for X amount, the loot should reflect that regardless of the number of participants. The system is simply backwards, where the more people you bring, the easier it gets and the more rewards you receive.

They need a real contribution system, like a hidden experience bar that tallies up actions. Separate the loot from enemies and base it entirely on contribution, where drops are based on the average of what was killed. You shouldn’t receive loot for just tagging, but rather for meeting a certain contribution threshold. If you’re in a group of 10 for example, assuming all equally contributing, it should take around 8 average enemies to receive anything. Likewise, bosses would have the idea, but loot should scale from 50 to 200% of the norm depending on your contribution.

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Elite specialization (im)balance and concept design is absolutely awful. Easily my first complaint. The game is no longer even fun in most cases just because of how terribly-designed the elites are.

Mastery Points are not a natural means of progression because collecting the points to do things requires the collection of points in other things and so on, and collecting the mastery points themselves requires not mastery of one aspect of the game but deliberately going out of one’s way to collect everything. In essence, the very nature of GW2’s vision changed since release; I cannot advance what I want to and when, but instead am forced into a very narrow path by the game.

Posted by: Black Iris Flowers.3418

Black Iris Flowers.3418

If they would finally release the new legendaries, that would be great

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

If they would finally release the new legendaries, that would be great

Yep I would love to see what the new rifle will be like.

Posted by: Andwari.2978

Andwari.2978

I agree with All the reward, Bug Problems and add the boons to the list. I think boons are effektiv but thwy dont feel good. Its Not like bam i Made a good skill that feels strong. No u keep boons and get stronger…eben Most ults feel Bad.
And Most important: i think u should have 4 traitlines 3 for the normals and 1 for the specialications.

Sorry for Bad Englisch

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I agree with All the reward, Bug Problems and add the boons to the list. I think boons are effektiv but thwy dont feel good. Its Not like bam i Made a good skill that feels strong. No u keep boons and get stronger…eben Most ults feel Bad.
And Most important: i think u should have 4 traitlines 3 for the normals and 1 for the specialications.

Sorry for Bad Englisch

So people with HoT get 4 trait lines and people who don’t own HoT only have 3 trait lines?

People already complain about the elite specs being noticeably stronger than vanilla specs. Giving them an additional trait line would affect sPvP, WvW and PvE.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Andwari.2978

Andwari.2978

Sorry for Bad Englisch

So people with HoT get 4 trait lines and people who don’t own HoT only have 3 trait lines?

People already complain about the elite specs being noticeably stronger than vanilla specs. Giving them an additional trait line would affect sPvP, WvW and PvE.

I rly understand that, but there is a) the option to give the non HoT players 4 as well, and tbh i think its totally legit to give players buying the addon more options, just keep it out of the pvp area.

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

-> WvW design become dull with awfull care, with awfull gameplay
—> lacks complexity.
--> owning structures is useless.
—> to easy, and useless game mode that offers nothing.
--> alot of bad choices that borked up the game to much, Anet decisions that made game itself contradicting its own mechanics.

-> Lack of guild system, we only have a broken system with a awfull guild hall that wasted to much resources…Anet even managed to give a weak guild hall system with alot of artwork but still useless.

-> crafting system is awfull, worst i ever experienced and its a gold sink trap.

-> rewards are clumsy.

-> Worst pvp league system, and game itself with the pve class aoe spam thing mades pvp to clumsy to observer and be interesting, to much gimmick carrying thr players than otherwise, if i want decent structured pvp, gw2 not even comes it that list.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Posted by: Seteruss.4058

Seteruss.4058

The “incomplete feeling” about almost everything that need a fix.
Bugs in classes remains the same, no new legendary weapons(at least not as they said they will release), no legendary armor(except a preview of only heavy class to human race) and finaly the nerf cloud that hit almost all classes to death sometimes and only because facerolling is hard in pvp against skill players or class stacking.
Some more here and there that we all know them and ofc all of the above.

Is it luck or skill keeping you alive?

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Lack of heavy armored robes… I don’t want to be a knight 24/7…

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Some of my concerns with the game:

I dislike the pet system for rangers. Having them required, having them switched on the fly functionality, the abysmal AI, the rudimentary controls, and so on all contribute to my dissatisfaction with this aspect of my preferred class (kudos for allowing pet names to stick though).

Lack of ability to customize my skill set up. This includes both arrangement on the skill bar itself and being restricted to specific skills for a given weapon. I understand why the specific skills for a given weapon was implemented, but it has not actually produced the desired effect.

The implementation of ascended tier gear. I pursued best in slot gear for my main character after launch, and achieved it. For me much of the fun of playing a game of this sort comes from developing my own skill at playing my main character AFTER maxing out his gear. I had BIS and it was taken away. I have not, as of yet, fully restored the character to that state.

The nature of the maps in HoT and LS3. I don’t like the vertical, pseudo platforming, nintendo referential, nature of these zones. If I enjoyed playing games where I jump on mushrooms in order to bounce up to capture glowing reward balls…I’d buy some variant of a mario brothers game (or its ilk). I get it, devs grew up on these games. 8 bit nostalgia/fetish is all the rage. Its very hip(ster). Yay.

Elite spec power creep. Horizontal progression. Right.

Longcoats for medium armor. Not that trenchcoats are a terrible thing, but the options are somewhat limited here.

Weapon sizes. Neon surfboards for swords? Really?

Visual effect clutter. Is there something wrong with the visuals of character animations, mob visual design, etc? Why is the company purposefully hiding this stuff? It really comes across as similar to a stage magician’s misdirection to keep you from noticing what is going on behind the curtain.

(edited by Ashen.2907)

Posted by: LSD.4673

LSD.4673

What about dungeon cutscenes? Gotta be the biggest “did nobody test this before implementing it” parts of the game. Sitting there for about a minute each time, waiting for one guy to finish watching a slow, badly written, badly voiced cutscene of some simplistic dialogue every single time you do a run…it’s incredible.

The only option is to not skip them, and cringe yourself inside out in the process…or to wait at every interval for that one guy.

Posted by: Aldath.1275

Aldath.1275

What about dungeon cutscenes? Gotta be the biggest “did nobody test this before implementing it” parts of the game. Sitting there for about a minute each time, waiting for one guy to finish watching a slow, badly written, badly voiced cutscene of some simplistic dialogue every single time you do a run…it’s incredible.

The only option is to not skip them, and cringe yourself inside out in the process…or to wait at every interval for that one guy.

Some of us care.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

The grindy nature of most aspects of the game.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

CMM.6712

Some of us care.

Yes, and I totally disagree with the “badly” being thrown about like that. Pretty lame if you ask me.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Biggest Issues with GW2:

1. The change in direction of the game since launch. GW2 started as a casual-friendly game with “play as you want”, no increasing gear progression, and avoiding grind as main goals of the developers. Starting with Dry Top they have made the game increasingly twitch-dependent, increasingly difficult, and increasingly grindy. They have also completely erased “play as you want” by locking character progression behind game modes (WvW, PvP, Raids) and even STUPID MINIGAMES THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STORY.

2. The new focus on “E-Sports”

3. Armor Skirts

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Lack of development for PvP. Stronghold was nice to have something new but meh(1 map? Can’t you start a new gametype with at least 2?), deathmatch was bleh with the way it was implemented. I really miss the Zaishen Isles with; RA with elimination and death-match, TA, HA, GvG, FA, JQ, and AB. And silly codex arena. Why don’t they put real effort into PvP like they used to?

Here we are 4 years later. PvP has 1 supported mode, conquest with two flops. WvW I just don’t enjoy zergwars anymore and roaming is just no fun since HoT specs. 2 new maps which both kinda flopped.

Masteries and Mastery Points. It’s not a good progression system. In general there is very little P2W aspects in GW2, but the free revive and 5+ AR is imo too close to the line. PvP is a different, every MMO needs xpacs for competitive play. Not ideal to me, but that’s what it is. GW1 handled that better.

Balance(Skills, Traitline, and E-specs); Their are so many skills and traits that are just simply trash that with simple updates to numbers would be at least subpar/mediocre. Too many times others are simply destroyed with balance patches. E-specs were blatantly obvious power creep when they first came out when Anet said that wouldn’t be the case. They’re getting better generally as they are steadily bringing them down.

Amor and weapon Design; I play a Medium Charr. Armor variety is low and design, Clipping general + Tail clipping is bad. Endgame skins used to be about having legendaries and now its human fem meta with the obnoxious wing/backpacks and particle effects. You didn’t have to go that route, but you did Gw2. Most fractal runs are 4 winged fem humans/norn and my charr.
Depending on the weapon type you either have a buttload of good skins to choose (conservative and flashy) or you don’t. Greatswords are ridiculous. Sizing.

Community interaction; This point I’m on both sides of the fence. At times, communication has been great, other times, especially lately, there’s hardly anything notable there. Aside from Gaile, I really feel like devs hide from the forums now and I don’t think it will change. I can understand that a lot of it is probably to avoid forum toxicity, but in turn I feel like that’s due to direction the game has taken, which back in turn could and should have been avoided or corrected. Where’s the transparency?

Gemshop outfits Vs. Armor and Weapon skins available through playing the game. They have the ability to make new armor skins, but they don’t. I understand they need to make money but its ridiculous how much is gemstore now. Tied into…
New content; Imo, the expansion was so small compared to GW1 xpacs. Getting into the engine controversy, I really feel like they just need to start working on GW3 if they are going to keep the same rate of progression with the game. Its really sad to hear so many projects get scrapped or delayed just because they have a so many issues with the engine.

I really like GW2, I enjoy my purchase from 4 years ago, just unfortunately disappointed with the lack of overall progression and direction of the game.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

My main issue with the game at the moment is communication. Just look at Halloween, their official website had the wrong date – copy paste from the previous event, and they came out at the last minute to say it will last another week.
Some more information on what is coming would be very nice.

My second most important issue is balance. Damage modifiers are everywhere and elite specializations instead of solving the issue, made it worse. Enough with the stacking damage modifiers everywhere, and only on some professions, either give some to all of them, or remove them completely.

Posted by: MarkBecks.6453

MarkBecks.6453

Point 1. When you grind to get gold, and then purchase 5 black lion keys for 113 gold (that’s a lot of grinding), then you get given the 3rd “guaranteed wardrobe unlock”. After 4 years of playing, do you think I care about wardrobes which are all unlocked 2 years ago. Its a program, surely you can put stuff like that as an optional purchase and stop wasting my keys on you’re nonsense content. Seriously, if you’re devs cannot use their imagination and figure out some basic stuff on the game, then their is no more point in having these keys available.
Point 2. Please take some time and look at youre fractals and the point of the different levels, as I get more damage and killed more often in some T3 and T4 fracs than I do in level 100.
Point 3. Surely after 4 years you would have addressed the lag issues in WvW. The fact that you have to link servers is a red light to the fact that people have left the game, as this has been ignored for so long, that it becomes frustrating to play rather than a joy.
Point 4. I enjoy the game, I enjoy the content, and sometimes don’t mind a bit of grind to get an end result, but please realise that people play games to enjoy them, and when issues that are important to players who make the game, then please could you address the same issues that have appeared in forums for 4 years now.

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

1. Lack of variety in WvW content
Everything there revolves around capturing and defending points on the map. I’d like to see the system expanded to include other things, like GvGs and PvP dungeons.

2. Disappearance of personal story characters and meaningful side-quests
The ability to do optional sidequests with characters you meet along the way adds a lot to the depth of lore and replayability. GW1 did this well.

3. Lack of individuality
Everyone has the same idle loop, walk/run animations etc., and if you want to gear a charr or sylvari to look like they’re not just squeezing into human clothes, you’ve got about two options. There’s a quote from Ghosts of Ascalon: “Look at her armor. Look at her mannerisms. She’s from the Ash Legion, or I’m a skritt.”
It would be nice to see that sort of character reflected in the game, too.

Posted by: Soggy Biscuit.9372

Soggy Biscuit.9372

Mine are very minor, but:

- Long duration of CCs and how they keep you in combat. I can get stunned, tab out, read some emails, tab back, and I’m probably still stunned.

- I worry that by the time I bring my alts to HoT maps, they will be even emptier than they already are. Hopefully Anet is open to downgrading HP champs to elites or vets.

- That mesmer signet that keeps giving you buffs. I like to keep dialogue volume high, but I couldn’t stand Jennifer Hale going “This rose has thooorns, and here they are” every few seconds. I couldn’t be assed turning volume up and down either, and so I ended up deleting my female mes.

Posted by: Acnologia.6934

Acnologia.6934

the fact that you nearly can’t explore the HoT maps alone….. seriously if i have to kill an HP champ i need at least 1-2 others guys or (85% of the times) nothing. and any other events there. in core Tyria there were some events soloable. in HoT maps nearly 0. The veteran vinetooth in AB is soloable, the northern arrowhead champ when tarir is up so you can use an armor is soloable (with the armor), then…… the only one i can think is the Tangled depths HP near the Ogre’s camp west of it. the one where you fight a cave screamer or a spider i don’t remember (they are both up there don’t remember who is the HP boss :P)… the chain events like retake the camps or whatever don’t count because…. well are we calling them “events”? please for future maps allow us to fight some events when we met them and not run away.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

the fact that you nearly can’t explore the HoT maps alone….. seriously if i have to kill an HP champ i need at least 1-2 others guys or (85% of the times) nothing. and any other events there. in core Tyria there were some events soloable. in HoT maps nearly 0. The veteran vinetooth in AB is soloable, the northern arrowhead champ when tarir is up so you can use an armor is soloable (with the armor), then…… the only one i can think is the Tangled depths HP near the Ogre’s camp west of it. the one where you fight a cave screamer or a spider i don’t remember (they are both up there don’t remember who is the HP boss :P)… the chain events like retake the camps or whatever don’t count because…. well are we calling them “events”? please for future maps allow us to fight some events when we met them and not run away.

So in short, your main issue with GW2 is that its an MMO?

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Mine are very minor, but:

- Long duration of CCs and how they keep you in combat. I can get stunned, tab out, read some emails, tab back, and I’m probably still stunned.

- I worry that by the time I bring my alts to HoT maps, they will be even emptier than they already are. Hopefully Anet is open to downgrading HP champs to elites or vets.

- That mesmer signet that keeps giving you buffs. I like to keep dialogue volume high, but I couldn’t stand Jennifer Hale going “This rose has thooorns, and here they are” every few seconds. I couldn’t be assed turning volume up and down either, and so I ended up deleting my female mes.

CC’s are long? really? Maybe have a look at your build, and/or take a stun brake?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

My biggest issue is and always has been the slow rate of group content updates. Instanced and “challenging” group content that is.
The game still continues to stagnate in such a boring state.
Raids were the only big addition in that department since the Fractals were introduced back in 2012.
We received nothing but reworks, one or two new dungeon paths and a few new Fractal paths in over four years.

Many of us were blown away to see the abundance of unique and fun dungeons when we first started playing and were even more surprised to see Fractals been added so soon after.
All of that dropped off greatly after that and we are still in that state even now.
I do not want to downplay the hard work and great polishing they have done over the years, but this is hardly what I expected to see in 2016.

Posted by: Dadefyl.1908

Dadefyl.1908

A lot of small things but the main thing for me is time-gated crafting.

I usually never craft in games (I usually gather stuff and give to friends and they craft for themselves and others), but if you want to participate in the top-fractals or raids you need to craft your own armor (I think) since others cannot craft it for you (bah!).

So on one of my characters I got tailoring to 500 and as about to craft my armor but then found that certain items you could only create one per day, even though I had all the ingredients??

I found that increbibly boring, annoying and frustrating so I dropped the idea of crafting all together. Hence I have never raided or played top-fractals even though I have had the game since launch.

Back to WvW/PvP i go

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

1. Time gates. I really don’t mind grinding out stuff as long as I’m having fun doing it and feel like I’m making reasonable progress. Problem with Timegates though is that just impedes my progress and tries to make me spend more on high tier mats with the trading post.

2. The seesaw balancing act and by extension, the lack of balance.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Posted by: Nikal.4921

Nikal.4921

The nature of the maps in HoT and LS3. I don’t like the vertical, pseudo platforming, nintendo referential, nature of these zones. If I enjoyed playing games where I jump on mushrooms in order to bounce up to capture glowing reward balls…I’d buy some variant of a mario brothers game (or its ilk). I get it, devs grew up on these games. 8 bit nostalgia/fetish is all the rage. Its very hip(ster). Yay.

Longcoats for medium armor. Not that trenchcoats are a terrible thing, but the options are somewhat limited here.

Weapon sizes. Neon surfboards for swords? Really?

I have to give a hearty vote for these issues. The HoT platform style environment is largely why I haven’t purchased HoT- even when it was on sale for half price. This is an RPG game, not a platformer, and I really dislike all the platformer elements in this game. Most jumping puzzles (though not all sadly) I can get a port, but when entire zones are set up this way? I don’t want to deal with it, even though now I guess all my XP is sand being pounded down a rat hole.

And why must 99.99% of medium armor chest pieces be longcoats, and mostly ugly ones at that. IMO, medium armor is GW2’s Achilles Heel as far as fashion. And on Norns, these sets need to come with “wide load” signs on the back. Terribly unflattering to the Norn female figure.

Two foot wide Greatswords? They are hideous and only good if you enjoy clipping issues.

Posted by: wolfie.7296

wolfie.7296

The original female Sylvari pain sound could easily be put in as an option, and isn’t.

Minmaxers and grinders causing inflation on the store etc, while players who aren’t these do not get boosted or rewarded for not being minmaxeing/grinders..

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

The sheer fact that resources are already being heavily dedicated to another expansion, thus slowing the frequency and quality of content updates down significantly.

That irks me more than any aspect of gameplay ever could.

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

The way anet treats wvw and its balance is one of my main issue.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I have to give a hearty vote for these issues. The HoT platform style environment is largely why I haven’t purchased HoT- even when it was on sale for half price. This is an RPG game, not a platformer, and I really dislike all the platformer elements in this game. Most jumping puzzles (though not all sadly) I can get a port, but when entire zones are set up this way?

The hearkening back to old platformers and Metroidvanias isn’t such a terrible thing, until we realize how limited the execution was. The jumping/verticality isn’t that great because it’s largely unpolished. The effect is even worse with the minigame Adventures, which all feel very stiff in comparison to GW2’s usual combat movement.
The Metroidvania aspect could have been better as well. While we have wallows and other movement tricks that are worth revisiting some zones for their ease of navigation, what they originally ended up as were irritating ways to lock Mastery Points behind ability gates and curb exploration*. Probably one of the most notable offenders is Axemaster during the Verdant Brink night bosses. The Nuhoch stealth detection is vital to that fight, but it’s not even opened until a player touches Tangled Depths. It’s a dissonance that comes from being poorly handled. (And the insta-gib attack should have been based on Itzel poison mastery instead of a stupid can’t-dodge auto-kill.)

*And if we’re adding gripes, I’d almost forgotten one of my major ones for HoT. Too much of the zones were blocked by meta events and their hugelong timers.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

1. Very bored of leveling new characters. I’d like to have many characters of same class for different builds and for different races, but I can’t bother myself with leveling them, it’s so boring and then you have to explore the world again… I’d like some option for those that for example already leveled 3 characters to 80 to have some a lot faster method of leving (as an option).

2. No build templates. Seriously, such a highly requested feature for a long time now and still not in the game…

3. HoT mobs are not fun to fight. Too much CC and most of the mobs have one or two attacks which they spam constantly. Boring any annoying.

4. Not a fan of fractals. I would like more dungeons.

5. A lot of weapons and skills feel weak and are barely used or never used.

6. CC on players way too long. It feels forever to get back up without stun breaker. Soo boring and frustrating to watch.

7. Grind and poor rewards. For example, it bothers me when I am lucky once a year to drop BL key and it feels so good and special, omg, look what I got, then you open the chest and you get absolute crap out of it.

8. Poor communication from devs. I recently came back from a few months break and I have no idea if I should even bother to keep playing, because I don’t know what’s next to come and if it’s worth it to me.

9. Devs refuse to seperate PvE from PvP.

(edited by serialkicker.5274)

Posted by: Mikhael.2391

Mikhael.2391

Lack of balance between all game modes on every class.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Mastery points, especially those locked behind daft mini-games. If there have to be mastery points then I want to be able to progress a small amount towards one each time I play not reach a point where I’m stuck until I can make that jump, or shoot enough things in 2 minutes, or perform the almost impossible dive etc.

I don’t mind very slow progress. I do mind progress blockers.

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

For me, it’s the change of overall philosophy and lack of constant updates. More than anything, the updates kept me interested for years. And then the expansion came. And then the content drought. And then the copy and paste job for events.

It’s ironic. The very reason I didn’t stick with other MMOs and stayed with Guild Wars 2 is now the reason I’m playing other games more instead of this one.

How it went from the champion of casual games to a grindy, raid infused, PvP will balance everything MMO mess is beyond me.

And I’m hating it.

While the rate of LS updates at two weeks was unsustainable, the sales figures during Season 1 was awesome. It almost seems that the more GW2 became just yet another grindy MMO, the less people wanted to support them.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

My #1 issue?

1. WvW team is way too small, out-of-touch and don’t LOVE their designated game-mode.
Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Biggest Issues with GW2:

1. The change in direction of the game since launch. GW2 started as a casual-friendly game with “play as you want”, no increasing gear progression, and avoiding grind as main goals of the developers. Starting with Dry Top they have made the game increasingly twitch-dependent, increasingly difficult, and increasingly grindy. They have also completely erased “play as you want” by locking character progression behind game modes (WvW, PvP, Raids) and even STUPID MINIGAMES THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STORY.

2. The new focus on “E-Sports”

3. Armor Skirts

You nailed it with number 1.

Gotta agree with 2.
Think I would change 3 to lack of ANY meaningful communications.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

This has been a flaw since launch the developers refuse to admit. Continually trying to design content around this error instead of fixing it is like trying to “fix” a car with a missing wheel by redesigning the road system to accommodate a car with three wheels and a dragging axle. You are making more work for yourself, setting yourself up for future problems, and in the end decreasing the efficacy of both the car and the road system.

Defensive stats are never going to work how the developers and the players want them to until your defensive output scales from them, just like your offensive abilities from your offensive stats, and your supportive abilities from your support stats.

Now I’m not saying the current level of defense should be decreased, but instead that:

1. Building defensive stats should actually make your active defense better
2. There should be enemies at every level of play that you are useful against by your ability to consistently stay in combat even through consistent enemy DPS output.
3. Building defense should not just make you barely able to survive that boss attack that one-shots everyone without defensive stats, turning you in to a res-bot.

I don’t understand how the developers went from Silverwastes to HoT.

Silverwastes was an opus of an area, every event spawned mobs for every build type and strategy. Mobs spawned in challenging but reasonable groups that included multiple clear strategies to pursue, there were tanky mobs for the condi-players, quick high damage duelist mobs for the glass cannons, group support mobs for control players, and sufficient enemy utility and damage to give support a role; about the only thing missing were mobs to make tanky players feel valuable. And then non-group events spawned mobs that were very generalist and everyone could deal with.

And then HoT came out, and brutalized that system they had set up. Nothing but mobs, and events, and personal story steps, and then raids that punish you for not playing ridiculously specifically builds and team compositions. Mobs wandering everywhere and spawning en masse that were efficiently combated by solely one type of build, mobs that just spammed one attack with one response you either did or didn’t have, mobs with no clear path to mastering combat against them, mobs whose mechanics were just flat out made as obfuscated as the developers could possibly make them.

HoT and everything that’s come from it was just a horrible design direction and I hope they learned their lesson and don’t repeat it. They got so close to the ideal, and then took a dozen steps backwards from it. But I’m looking at those two new areas, and Ember Bay shows as much promise, as Bloodstone Fen repeats and even exceed every previous mistake ANet has made.

NOBODY wanted this, they had a large and loyal audience of people who DIDN’T want this and they alienated them to get some tiny subset of “hardcore” players who hop games like they come from a pez dispenser. And now instead of gaining a new audience, they’ve not only lost those hardcore players like everyone knew they would, but also lost a significant portion of their core playerbase.

I’ll put it simple: Go back to the days where getting the top tier of gear was easy, and you could actually play how you wanted when you wanted to. Before you had to repeat the same content for the majority of your play time for weeks, or months, or even years on end, just to play through the content the way you wanted to play through it in the first place!

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Acnologia.6934

Acnologia.6934

So in short, your main issue with GW2 is that its an MMO?

nope. As i said my problem is that they are focused in train events map. We can’t explore nothing if not with a big group. Btw the devs as well have said the same….. so………………………………… meh

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

My main annoiance in this game would be the almost manic devotion to a “healthy economy”. Man, this is a game and I have enough of this bullcrap around me in my real life. It shouldn’t even be possible to just sit around in town and receive shinies by rearranging wealth. Go out, kill something, for crying out loud.

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Running is the biggest offender. You have to waste one of your spec talents (Warrior), or one of your utility slots (Mesmer) to get any kind of boost to run speed.
The tedium of running everywhere — that’s one of the most annoying issues.

That’s called negative space – a requirement for a great game.

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Probably the players. Many people look at HoT as grindworthy. However if you were to play both Core GW2 and HoT GW2 equally, it won’t be a grind. I run meta events in HoT like twice or three times a week, and I got to Mastery Level 93 in a month so… yeah. It’s not always a rush to get everything all at once, but I guess it’s human nature to always be in a race to finish everything… take your time.

LSD.4673

Some of us care.

Yes, and I totally disagree with the “badly” being thrown about like that. Pretty lame if you ask me.

The cutscenes feel like i’m watching a cartoon. That’s how bad the writing is. Mix that with voice acting that’s for the most part awful, and you’ve got a recipe for disaster.
Even if the cutscenes were wonderful, why would i want them on every run?

The only thing worse than waiting around for that one guy to finish watching a cutscene before you can proceed is having to wait for that one guy before you can LEAVE, because he’s watching the lengthy end-of-dungeon cutscene, and the reward won’t pop till he’s done.

CMM.6712

Some of us care.

The cutscenes feel like i’m watching a cartoon. That’s how bad the writing is. Mix that with voice acting that’s for the most part awful, and you’ve got a recipe for disaster.

The only thing worse than waiting around for that one guy to finish watching a cutscene before you can proceed is having to wait for that one guy before you can LEAVE, because he’s watching the lengthy end-of-dungeon cutscene, and the reward won’t pop till he’s done.

Let’s see your cutscenes, hear your voice acting, so we can critically dissect them…

You can try harder than that, surely?

I can but not feeling very well today. The point still stands though regardless of your deflection.

LSD.4673

Some of us care.

Let’s see your cutscenes, hear your voice acting, so we can critically dissect them…

I can but not feeling very well today. The point still stands though regardless of your deflection.

“This is a problem with the game”
“Ok let’s see you do better”

That’s not a “point”; THAT is deflection. The cutscenes are bad and shouldn’t be forced because they make dungeon runs with pugs painfully long with pointless waiting.
If you want to pay me as a professional writer to come up with something better, then sure thing…but it still doesn’t solve the problem of them being forced.

CMM.6712

Some of us care.

“This is a problem with the game”
“Ok let’s see you do better”

That’s not a “point”; THAT is deflection. The cutscenes are bad and shouldn’t be forced because they make dungeon runs with pugs painfully long with pointless waiting.
If you want to pay me as a professional writer to come up with something better, then sure thing…but it still doesn’t solve the problem of them being forced.

I would like to see them made skippable too , but I am not sitting here crapping all over the devs and voice actors work.

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

1. Lack of armor diversity
2. Over-reliance on RNG with brutally minuscule chances to obtain certain types of items.
3. Forcing players to play specific content types (WvW, PvP, Raids, etc) to obtain certain items/skins.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard