Discussion about New Content

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

I would like to see a poll or discussion involing devs about new content for level 80s only.

I am very much for new endgame content, as leveling stops at level 80 something should be progressive after 80 to keep people playing.

It does not need to be a grind or compulsory. I feel living story does not fit this criteria.

This is my opinion. If you agree or disagree please share your thought below in a constructive manor

Topic:
- non compulsory end game content ( not living story )

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

I’d like to see the boss fights of existing dungeons improved with mechanics such as we saw in the latest living scenario, and some of the fights such as the shadow dragon added to fractals.

Once that is done, add things similar to the living story episode achievements. Eg : defeat the molten core duo boss without being hit by a fireball for a bonus loot box. Some of these bonus loot criteria should encourage tactics other than zerker dps.

Posted by: sanedude.9450

sanedude.9450

It’s been over 2 years, it’s time for an expansion.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

I feel living story does not fit this criteria.

“Living story” is not content, it is a concept of delivering multiple types of content.

Previously, it added new maps, new mobs, new themed skills, new fractals, new (semi-)WvW map, new visual perks.

LS2 is adding new content as well: new map, new events, new mobs, new instances, new achievements, new skins, new stats. At some point, it may add a new race, new weapons, new fractals, new dungeon (the latter unlikely) – it would just be added in a new episode and not out of the blue.

So I guess your problem is not with LS per se; it’s just that’s either not enough of it for you, or you don’t like the things you get. That’s your liking and you can’t be “wrong” in it, but I felt like making it clear.

20 level 80s and counting.

Zardul.3952

i would like to see current world bosses to be buffed up to Tequalt level.

i remember watching a video 3 years ago about gw2, and a Dev said " it could take Hours to defeat a world boss"

i have yet to see this difficulty.

to balance this out. loot could be given regardless if the boss is killed or not
-if you kill the boss you are guaranteed rare-ascended gear.
-if you don’t you get normal loot like Champ bags and greens

currently the only endgame i see is killing the world bosses, but it has become more of a chore rather than a fight

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

to balance this out. loot could be given regardless if the boss is killed or not

The problem with this is you’ll end up with a conflict of goals.

Group A will aim to beat the fight because of the Ascended gear.
Group B won’t be that bothered, since losing the fight will still net them a profit without actually trying.

The exact same thing happened with Scarlet’s invasions; it was more lucrative and less hassle to farm the Champs that spawned, thus a lot of groups didn’t aim to beat the event.

currently the only endgame i see is killing the world bosses, but it has become more of a chore rather than a fight

Dungeons? Fractals? WvW? PvP?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Zardul.3952

im for the following ideas:

• new expansion
  • buffed up world bosses
  • Guild “wars” ( not GvG but Guild vs Environment… like Seiges/Castle defence in PVE )
  • new level 80 content only areas ( Orr, Dry top)
  • a pve side to WvW.. maybe make the Grub something worth killing for your server?*

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I’d like guild system to be more involved and “glorious”, Guild vs. Environment as stated above…

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Zardul.3952

The problem with this is you’ll end up with a conflict of goals.

Group A will aim to beat the fight because of the Ascended gear.
Group B won’t be that bothered, since losing the fight will still net them a profit without actually trying.

The exact same thing happened with Scarlet’s invasions; it was more lucrative and less hassle to farm the Champs that spawned, thus a lot of groups didn’t aim to beat the event.

Dungeons? Fractals? WvW? PvP?

Dungeons, fractals wvw and pvp can be done by low levels .. or whilst leveling up to 80

i meant level 80 only content

thanks for your ideas though on the issue involving loot on no kill.
i can see that problem now, maybe the loot for killing the boss should be well worth the time and effort. guaranteed Acended armour/weapon?

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

Most updates have been QoL updates.

New content’s for scrubs.

Zardul.3952

please carry on sharing your thoughts, if you are reading this. feel free to disagree or agree about the topic.

feel free to discuss in detail your ideas for/against new content

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

My simplest proposal for expanding the game would not just be to simply “add content” – revamping old content is a legitimate way to make the game feel new. Primarily this could be done by building new weapon skills, utility skills and traits.

Honestly, if you doubled the build diversification in the metagame, I’m sure that’d hold the content card in check for a year as people used new metagame strategies to complete the same old content. There’s a reason Underworld in GW1 was able to survive as the go-to place for endgame farming (other than ecto farming) – because the metagame was constantly changing and build diversification changed along the way. People were able to run the same content over and over and over again, but they ran it differently.

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

• More PvP modes and maps
  • Re-design the down state.Don’t let in PvP and WvW people to rally.When soomeone is stomped he mustn’t be ressable.If he is just killed and not stomped then he can be ressurrected.
  • Add new WvW map.
  • Add more guild missions.
  • Revamp the squads.Give leaders more controll over them.In other MMOs i can see where are the people.Who is arround me.Who has buffs,potions,food.Add squad UI that could be shown/hidden.
  • Allow squad leaders to promote assistans.Give them the ability to move the players between the different groups.To sort the squad the way they want.Right now when i go to a Wurm kill.My leader has to make straight lines of different classes and form different groups by picking the players one by one.
  • Revamp the SE – P2 and last boss in CM P2.
  • Buff the rewards for TA:A and and FotM(gold and skins).
  • Buff the final gold reward for HotW.
  • Return TA -F/U with revamped last boss.
  • Add one more World Boss from the difficulty of Tequatl and the Wurm.(7 months past without any new raid boss).
  • Buff the rewards from Tequatl and Wurm.
  • Add the Temples to World boss current timer and rotation.
  • Re-design the downscaling.Make it harder for lvl 80 ascendet/exotic geared players.
  • Make the mini map to disapear.Right now i hate it that i can’t hide it.
  • Make an option to be able to toggle up health bars above peoples heads.Right now i can only turn on names.That’s not enough.
  • Revamp defiance.Make an attack that can’t be dodged/blocked/parried/reflected.The only possible way to stop it is by interrupting it.After that people have to remove defiance stacks with cc before they are hitted by the same attack.At this moment almost 90% of the bosses don’t need to be CCed,because you can avoid every their spell with simple dodge/block/parry.Make one that can’t be done that way.That way the group has to interrupt the boss and then if they don’t want to be hit again they have to remove the defiance stacks and interrupt again.And repeat that untill the boss is dead.
  • Make boss’s animations more visible and telegraphed.
  • Add more mechanics for cc cleansing in PvE.
  • Remove the stacking in dungeons.
  • Revamp the dodge.Instead of mobs hitting instantly like it is now give me time to press 2 buttons(W+dodge/S+dodge/D+dodge/A+dodge) so i can move in the direction that i want.
  • Increase the party votes for kicking to three.
  • Add more marks like those:
    http://media.mmochampion.com/images/news/2010/november/markers2.jpg
    http://media-curse.cursecdn.com/attachments/84/260/scanner-zoom.png
TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

(edited by moiraine.2753)

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Ask yourself this: After you’ve completed the Achievements, how many times have you re-played the Living World Story instances? Do you ever plan to? Now, what about dungeons? or WvW? or sPvP? or maybe open-world bosses?

Think about that for a moment and then think about how the central focus to the game is the living world and their story journal.

Enjoy.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

- Re-playable former living world components would be nice (Marionette)
- Custom Guild Activities Arena would be amazing (Keg Brawl / Sanctum Sprint / etc)
- More Region Specific events (Sandstorm / Blizzard / Monsoon / etc)
- New Maps with a dynamic roll-out (Southsun) not so much dry top as it really lacked the epic nature that was Karkageddon.

Outside of those things perhaps designing more uses for Personal Story / Living Story.
I.E GW1 Dungeon Books (Doing them grants you exp/gold on turn in of a completed book, repeatable as desired)

Posted by: AngelDiscarnate.5489

AngelDiscarnate.5489

I’m not against new stuff.
I mean I’m happy with the game as is, but skin hunting gets dull.
Sure if a new dungeon came out I’d be like… “Cool, too bad I can’t do it.”
Same with any “End game content” Reminiscent of Urgoz, The Deep, Underworld Fissure, and Domain of Anguish from GW1. I barely finished Sorrow’s Embrace. I’m not social enough or belong to a big enough guild to enjoy traditional End Game. So living story is cool with me. It’s something my wife and I can do together, that doesn’t require us to follow some screaming 12-year old across a map or listen to a few elitest players at the higher world bosses insult people.

Yeah, GvE would be nice, but my guild is only 5 people, and only 2 are really active. So we have difficulty with the guild content that is already there.

Personally, I’d like to see a new race. That would bring at least 3 new maps to explore, unless it’s placed to share a 15 – 25 map with another race. I like mapping. All of my 13 characters from GW1 are Legendary Cartographers. Because it can be done with fewer people.

I play Fort Aspenwood, I lead the 8 member guild, Sacred Storm [Strm] I am Jason Goes Mental.
I don’t raid, I barely fractal, and I suck beyond words at PvP and WvW.
But I try, and that’s what counts.

Zardul.3952

If anet delivered a poll I think I would vote GvE

But apply a structures sense to it. Like for example

- protect the castle from the horde of mordemoth
Guild members and the public may join in during the event, in fort salma

And receiving a world chest for completion
But if it fails that area is lost ( waypoints don’t work, area is covered in mordemoth minions )

It would give us a sense of having to work together in each map to complete these challenges not only for loot but for protecting our waypoints and forts

Zardul.3952

I would also like to see more done with Naval battles.

Seeing as lions arch is a pirate themed place we don’t have much ship battles

Imagine if we could have a world event where we get into a ship and use cannons to destroy other ships.

We have cannons in game already applying them to a boat wouldn’t break the lore, it would be a nice change from the hack and slash we have at the moment

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Players like to see new content. Devs disagree with it.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Alerno.1425

Alerno.1425

Game is very late for a larger expansion. The LS is nice and gives us some things to do while waiting for it, but it’s not truly giving us much more than story.
Yes, there are now two (2) new areas thanks to living story, but both of those are about one fourth (1/4) of the other zones and are limited to only level 80 characters. The zones and all the content in them (not talking about achievements) is done in matter of hours.

What the game needs is 3-4 new full size zones. New dungeons, even if they only come with one path to start with. Either a new race or a new class, for those altholics with 15 level 80 characters at the moment.
So in the end the game needs a good expansion. And I bet most people are willing to pay real gold (cash) for it too.

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

A few ideas..

guild/ group vs environment (in instanced areas):

a) defend a building/ place:
you and your guild (or a bigger group of friends/ random people) face waves of mobs; you don’t have to care for picking up loot because everyone will receive it automatically after each wave/ at the end depending on how far and good your group is; mob strength scales on player number and will increase with each new wave

there could be several modes to choose from before it starts like ‘infinite mobs’ (ends when you are not able to kill them anymore) or a limited thing like ‘defend for 10 minutes’ or ’kill 500 mobs" and of course the area, landscape and mobs can vary, etc..

b) attack a building/ place:
you and your group/ guild attack a building and try to capture it, loot should be given at the end, mob strength scales on player number

several modes possible like “capture in 10 minutes” or “kill the chieftain” (for that one you first have to break through the wall, then kill lots of enemies before you get through to the chieftain), different areas, buildings etc…

c) mixed, but overly a friendly game option where your group is building a camp/ whatever and you have to gather things for that; from time to time you have also to ward off a few mobs, but the aspect is more in doing something friendly together

d) boss challenge:
you and your group/ guild are fighting together against random bosses (maybe some of the existing world bosses, too)

there could be also an option for single mode

a), b) and d) could both be offered in normal mode and hard mode

(edited by Navi.7142)

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

id love if in the end of the 2nd LS we will have a dungeon with story mode to kill mordremoth and 3-4 explorable paths, would be so sweet

Posted by: AngelDiscarnate.5489

AngelDiscarnate.5489

id love if in the end of the 2nd LS we will have a dungeon with story mode to kill mordremoth and 3-4 explorable paths, would be so sweet

I, on the other hand, would not.
>__o
I’m not against dungeons, or challenging content, or anything of the like.
But I don’t have many friends in the game, so it’s pretty well my wife and I doing it together with no help. And as we’ve found at the end of the PS after 3 weeks of asking over map chat daily for help, and trying it with just the 2 of us, we’re not good enough for dungeons by ourselves, and most of the people we’ve encountered do not accept ‘newbs’ into their groups or are too busy farming the area to death to help. :[

I know it’s not always like that. For the first week or two when everyones on it, finding help would be a breeze. But I actually liketo take in and fully experience what I’m doing, instead of blitzing right to the end, so the initial ‘gotta get it done’ help gets rarer and rarer.

I play Fort Aspenwood, I lead the 8 member guild, Sacred Storm [Strm] I am Jason Goes Mental.
I don’t raid, I barely fractal, and I suck beyond words at PvP and WvW.
But I try, and that’s what counts.

Posted by: Steinpilz.5078

Steinpilz.5078

I would love to see new classes, especially a bard class.
And the possibility to combine classes.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

there was a poll made by players a few days ago, but it is soon burried down the pages.

you can’t really make polls on GW2 forum, so I’m not sure where this is heading.

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

So… are there some more ideas or suggestions about what you would like to have as content for lvl 80?

Posted by: HenleyLegoMan.4987

HenleyLegoMan.4987

If you are going to buff up the world bosses then they would need to drastically improve the loot given out on defeating them.

2 blues and 3 greens at teq is downright insulting for the current efforts we put in.

And rng on world bosses removed or improved.

If you are going to offer suggestions about making any content more difficult, then you must include comments about reward improvements.

Failing to do that, will result in more difficult content without rewards to justify our time and effort.

Remember, anet read these posts, so make it worth all our whiles please :-)

There has never been a good war, or a bad peace.

Posted by: Carcerus.9107

Carcerus.9107

To me GW2’s greatest strengths are the visual and physical world design and the appearance and tone of the game’s cultures and races. It won’t happen at the pace anybody wants, but I would like to see ANet play to these strengths by adding zones and eventually playable races. Just looking at the map of Tyria, there is a huge amount of space yet to cover before we even get into a discussion about Cantha and Elona.

I think Guild Wars laid out a model for max-level play that I am surprised ANet has not tried harder to recapture. The assembling of “prestige” armor set skins and earning special weapon skins tied to some kind of factional “rep” and materials acquisition, where those both might be gained in several different ways that accommodate different types of play, would be something I’d be interested in. Mawdrey is a step in the right direction as far as giving players attainable things to do that involve goal-oriented play.

Understandably there’s a huge focus on getting players to buy things from the gem store, but there needs to be cool things in the game to work toward that are also attainable for people who play maybe a couple hours a night in ways where they’re not going to make 500g a month. If players are happy and see themselves playing months into the future, they are more likely to spend money in the gem store.

Restore and expand the Hall of Monuments and begin integrating the achievement system into a HoM that we can "decorate’ with our GW2 accomplishments.

If we do get even just a couple of new zones a year I’d like to see “open world dungeons” that play kind of like the Orr temple event chains and boss fights that involve the busyness/complexity of the Tequatl and Triple Trouble fights (although I think the difficulty should be carefully controlled … they should be challenging but not something that won’t be done unless one of a handful of guilds is on your map).

I know they’re scared to death of the response to gated content, but plenty of content is gated while leveling. It’s not like the concept is completely foreign to GW2 players. Introduce permanent zones with interesting DEs and exclusive loot that are gated by some sort of rep or equippable item that requires some work to attain. This is not progression insofar as making players more powerful necessarily, but it offers a “Do A so that you can do B” type of progression mechanism. Just as a very lose example of how this might work: to enter the volcano zone in the Fire Islands, you need to acquire an infusion that protects you from constant damage from the deadly heat. Acquiring the infusion might involve several possible avenues that accommodate different styles of play, from crafting to running dungeons to grinding mobs.

(edited by Carcerus.9107)