Dive goggle for achieve above jumping puzzle?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bwembo.8531

Bwembo.8531

So I am in Gendarren Fields for the diving goggles that are apparently well above a somewhat jumping puzzle in Broadhollow Bluffs. I do not care for jumping puzzles much but so be it, I figured. Using my mesmer helped a little in some areas too and got the chest but the goggles are so much higher as an addition to the crazy jumps and whatnot already done. On top of that, if I am lucky to make it to the first platform after the rocks, I launch from there only to get insta-launched from the second to my death! This happened twice in a row so far! What gives with someone wanting to complete the diving achievement having to do a super jumping puzzle just to freaking get there? At worst the goggles and jump point should have been with the chest but I really do not see the point of a huge jumping puzzle being any part of the diving achievement. It is the only one left for me and it is just stupid, in my opinion, to force such a jumping puzzle on someone trying to accomplish something else that is totally unrelated. The puzzle takes long enough just to get to the split. To be able to fall to one’s death so easily is also stupid.

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

Well you’ve got a few options.
1. Not worry about it and just skip that one.
2. Just do it and get it done. You can find videos on how to get to it. It actually doesn’t take that long. Equip your falling trait and falling armor for extra measures
3. Wait for a Mesmer. They do portals up there quite a bit.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

I hate jumping puzzles with a passion and wish each and every one would be removed and the code for them send to the seventh level of hades, but even I got that achievement. Don’t get discouraged, there are always some helpful mesmers who are willing to port you directly to the goggles without having to do the puzzle. Hang out on the map and keep your eye on chat. You could also try posting in players helping players and see if anyone is willing to meet you there and port you up.

Posted by: Mordachai.1896

Mordachai.1896

Its too high for a mesmer to port you directly up. It can be done in tiers though, ive helped people several times with it.

The part you cant be helped with though is the actual diving itself, you have to avoid obstacles and land in a very specific spot or you die. Compared to that, the jp is easy.

Posted by: TheMSR.7120

TheMSR.7120

There are some very helpful tricks you can do, to get this done
i’ll just leave this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKKO3AFaCxg

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

Not So Secret goggles are by far the hardest and most frustrating jump IG. That’s why they’re great. Simply because when you finally make it, you instantly forget about how crazy it’s driven you, and start feeling an immense satisfaction. If all, or even just a bunch of, goggles jumps were like this one, I would understand your complaint. But even though there a Mastery Point attached to this one, it’s the only truly complicated jump we have (DT jump comes second, the rest is easy as hell). Don’t cheapen the game and make it easier!

And really, if you can’t make it and start feeling too frustrated, just move on and go farm another achievement / mastery point. You don’t need this one.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

It took me two jump attempts to get this one on my necromancer. While I did not use any help from a mesmer, I did use Spectral Walk quite a bit.

The thrill of completion at the end was totally worth it.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Yup, too bad that spectral walk trick no longer works.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Yup, too bad that spectral walk trick no longer works.

It doesn’t? Good thing I got all those golden badges in Silverwastes then with the help of Spectral Walk. Some of those jumping puzzles to get the golden badges make Not So Secret look like easy level.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: BeeFrost.5672

BeeFrost.5672

Ugh the only dive i haven’t done. 2 mins in that place and i want to cry haha.

Posted by: Gryffenne.8639

Gryffenne.8639

5 attempts, working with 2 mesmers (who had the patience of saints!!!)

I actually blocked that agonizing dive from memory. I watched the youtube vid and all the memories, agony and trauma came rushing back.

I… I need to go… I don’t have the AR to handle thinking about that dive.

Bwembo.8531

2. Just do it and get it done. You can find videos on how to get to it. It actually doesn’t take that long. Equip your falling trait and falling armor for extra measures

Mr. Simple,

I am using my mesmer but some of the falls are instant death, especially once one gets past the split to the goggles. I would not be so irked if they would not disable the gliding so I can glide down slowly and not die and have to start from outside again. Thanks for the advice anyhow. Just going to plug away at it a few more times while calling ANET a lot of bad things while pushing needles in voodoo dolls of their game developers.

(edited by Bwembo.8531)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Mr. Simple,

I am using my mesmer but some of the falls are instant death, especially once one gets past the split to the goggles. I would not be so irked if they would not disable the gliding so I can glide down slowly and not die and have to start from outside again. Thanks for the advice anyhow. Just going to plug away at it a few more times while calling ANET a lot of bad things while pushing needles in voodoo dolls of their game developers.

Gliding would then disqualify you from getting the achievement.

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

Mr. Simple,

I did that one on my Mesmer aswell. Make sure you have decent into madness slotted and buy/craft some cheap armor and slot it with snowfall runes. 75% fall damage reduction will save you a lot. Before any tricky jump drop a portal. That way if you miss you can portal back up. Trait for alacrity so you can speed up the portals cool down

Bwembo.8531

I did not believe is was ANET’s intention for one to spend so much time struggling with stuff like this. It is as bad as all the farming one has to spend countless hours on to craft stuff. All we need now is a bad looting system and a few trolls and it is just like WoW!