Diving goggles, who put them there?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AnyGuy.5829

AnyGuy.5829

So I was running around I Draconis Mons yesterday and I found the diving puzzle there, jumped and started thinking about this silly question: Who put the diving goggles there? And who put them all over Tyria? It’s a silly question and it’s more than likely gonna end up with “the devs just put the diving puzzles there for kittens and giggles, it has no deeper meaning”. However I am still willing to hear all of your thoughts about it. Can it be that a character in the guild wars universe have been walking around, placing the diving goggles all around Tyria so everyone can enjoy what they have discovered? In that case, who?

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Some sadistic asura making an experiment trying to see how many silly players will jump to their death.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Some sadistic asura making an experiment trying to see how many silly players will jump to their death.

Disturbingly likely, actually.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It was likely E.
Whoever that is.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

The tengu and krait made an alliance and are slowly exacting their revenge on the humans.

(edited by Justine.6351)

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I was thinking about this just the other day, but more from a developer creativity point of view, wondering if it starts by looking at the map in the tool itself, or is it more born out of running around in the world after it’s largely created, things like that.

I really like the angle you are thinking about it from, however. I’ve been watching a bunch of Wooden Potatoes on my Roku before bed as of late, mostly the lore videos, and think it would be funny if there were a lore character associated with them.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Definitely the most plausible option.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I put the goggles there and, let me tell you, I’m pretty annoyed that all you folks think it is OK to just use them without even asking. I have had to spend ages replacing them and they are not exactly cheap. Also, please stop chopping down my saplings and stealing stuff from my vegetable patches.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

I have to agree with this. Some crazy Inquest, most likely.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If Lord Faren can leave his goggles in the Grove, he can leave his goggles ANYWHERE.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

It was the Tyrian Association for Diving Amateurs (TADA!)

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Remember the diving board in LA?
It is a family buisness, they travel the whole world to find the best or most difficult places to jump.

One was a bit weird though, he jumped into hay, but they don’t talk about him much.