Divinity's Reach's ''activities''

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

I’ve always been wondering what happened to these so-called activities/mini-games in Divinity’s Reach?

- Haidryn’s Menagerie
- Uzolan’s Mechanical Orchestra
- Mina’s Target Shooting
- Busted Flagon

Aswell to the local circus and it’s still under construction… ‘’Tilting Field’’ and ‘’Thump-em-ups’’.

Why was these cancelled? If so, why are these ‘activies’ still here but unfunction?
Making no sense to me, as I really wanted to play this ever since Beta-launched.
I’ve been waiting for these mini-games to be re-developed and playable but it seems like Anet don’t give a kitten about these.

The picture’s below are just from the unfinished carnival circus.
If anyone knows why these were cancelled, please share.

Attachments:

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: voltaicbore.8012

voltaicbore.8012

I don’t know why they’ve been abandoned, but I totally agree that I want to be able to do these! It would add so much more flavor to the city, and has a perfect “only in GW2” sort of feel to it.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The mechanical orchestra and the menagerie are both in the game, but they’re both things you look at/listen to rather than mini-games.

I think the others were originally going to be in the game at launch but were cut out because there wasn’t time to finish them. For whatever reason when they did start adding mini games it was new things like Crab Toss and Costume Brawl (although they did add Keg Brawl which was supposed to be in at launch) and they haven’t added any new ones for a long time. Maybe because relatively few people play them.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Busted Flagon/Bouncer/Bar Brawl was basically the same idea as Costume Brawl, but with NPCs. They were probably abandoned because how would they have implemented them back then? Private instanced activities? Now however, they have phased adventures. The shooting gallery is what target shooting would have been like. If they ever bring them back, which would probably be easy to do now as they’d be redundant, expect them to be as adventures.

Why would they remove them just because you can’t play them? The visuals still add to the atmosphere and the carnival area is used for the human personal story.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Also if they did remove them they’d have to design something else to fill that space.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Alga.6498

I just wanted and I perfer fully playable activities rather than non-used activities just there for show-off, sure it looks great and fun and that’s why I want to play them! Not look at them...
Yes, I know half of the Circus area is for one of the Human Storylines, but still, this could’ve been an awesome content.

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Alga.6498

Specially when NPCs are still running around and talking about it, showing where the locations are for these activities, but then they’re not functionable.

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I think they may not spend much time on instanced activites because people can’t play together, which in turn means there is not enough participation in them. I don’t have the stats but that’s a reason I almost never bother with them. Perhaps after adding new activities they saw their player participation and stopped working on them.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

DIdn’t Target Shooting essentially move to Verdant Brink?