Dmg output exaggeration

Dmg output exaggeration

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MHCerberus.1385

MHCerberus.1385

So I am one of those players that instead of following the meta and finding builds online, I create my own through trial and error. I have made some pretty nasty builds that allow me to solo dungeons, fractal bosses, and simply kill things very quickly. In chat though I see people saying that they do 30k damage on auto attack. I also here my friends saying that they crit for 30-50k. I am sitting right next to them, do more damage than them, and I am not hitting that hard. Am I alone in thinking that many players do not understand the difference between 3000 and 30000? I see people talking about doing as much as 90k dmg on normal enemies like it’s nothing, and I still kill that same thing faster. Are players mistaken? Am I just such a pleb?

Death Express in game
Beta, remembering the good ol’ days

Dmg output exaggeration

Posted by: Arobain.8274

Arobain.8274

first off, i have always created my own builds, that destroyed the meta, 2nd, they are either joking, or dumb, or trying it on a rabbit, 3rd, i doubt you hit them for that amount, and if you are only using berserker, you are following the meta

Dmg output exaggeration

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

So I am one of those players that instead of following the meta and finding builds online, I create my own through trial and error. I have made some pretty nasty builds that allow me to solo dungeons, fractal bosses, and simply kill things very quickly. In chat though I see people saying that they do 30k damage on auto attack. I also here my friends saying that they crit for 30-50k. I am sitting right next to them, do more damage than them, and I am not hitting that hard. Am I alone in thinking that many players do not understand the difference between 3000 and 30000? I see people talking about doing as much as 90k dmg on normal enemies like it’s nothing, and I still kill that same thing faster. Are players mistaken? Am I just such a pleb?

30k-50k crit? to what? a rabbit? lulz

Dmg output exaggeration

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Can do that with hundred blades, that’s about it.

Dmg output exaggeration

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

Ok well to start off no one is just running around hit 30k autoattacks. You might be able to create a unique situation where you could get close. Lightning hammer full DPS group might be able to get somewhat close – I’m unsure. But for pretty much every case, those people are wrong.

The other thing is people don’t understand the damage display. There are still people who think each number is how much you just hit for, so let’s say the first 3 swings of 100b says:

4k, 8k, 12k.

People think they are hitting for a total of 24k (4 + 8 + 12), when really they just hit for 12k (4 + 4 + 4). So it’s easy to think you hit for 90k when really you just hit for 30-40k on a 100b.

Dmg output exaggeration

xbutcherx.3861

30k-38k yes but 50k? I don’t think so

Dmg output exaggeration

Posted by: Achrisos.1360

Achrisos.1360

I hear ya… When the patch came out I was telling a guildy about how my record was an 8.8k tick burn on my Guard and his answer was who cares you can hit over 30k with whirling wrath…..

I guess the ol saying is… Pics or it never happened! lol

Dmg output exaggeration

Sorin.4310

50k is very possible. Go watch some of the speed clear videos. Some of Goku’s videos show him solo hitting for 40k+ on arah bosses.

Dmg output exaggeration

Sorin.4310

I hear ya… When the patch came out I was telling a guildy about how my record was an 8.8k tick burn on my Guard and his answer was who cares you can hit over 30k with whirling wrath…..

Dmg output exaggeration

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

Ok well to start off no one is just running around hit 30k autoattacks. You might be able to create a unique situation where you could get close. Lightning hammer full DPS group might be able to get somewhat close – I’m unsure. But for pretty much every case, those people are wrong.

The other thing is people don’t understand the damage display. There are still people who think each number is how much you just hit for, so let’s say the first 3 swings of 100b says:

4k, 8k, 12k.

People think they are hitting for a total of 24k (4 + 8 + 12), when really they just hit for 12k (4 + 4 + 4). So it’s easy to think you hit for 90k when really you just hit for 30-40k on a 100b.

This pretty much, i dont really get why the games shows that sum of your last couple attacks, cause way more confusion than good, even more fun is it when ppl claims that do condition ticks of 1000+… yeah right…

Dmg output exaggeration

xbutcherx.3861

I’m all zerker, trinkets, back piece, food, 25 stacks might, 20% BP and haven’t hit for more than 38k, those videos were post patch?

Dmg output exaggeration

Posted by: Achrisos.1360

Achrisos.1360

Damage is not that important, what really matters is dps.

+1 for this,

Even tose 100b’s that hit for over 30k require perfect conditions to hit that dam and then skill on cooldown.

Dmg output exaggeration

xbutcherx.3861

That is 2013 on Arah last boss? she has like 0 armor. Lol come on

Dmg output exaggeration

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

It probabely did happen since he only did 4285 each on the 7 hits his whirling wrath did.

Dmg output exaggeration

Sorin.4310

I’m all zerker, trinkets, back piece, food, 25 stacks might, 20% BP and haven’t hit for more than 38k, those videos were post patch?

June 28th of this year.

Dmg output exaggeration

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Zerker, Assassins, Sinister, Rampagers, and so forth

Anything that lacks Toughness, Vitality, or Healing Power is considered Meta in my book as your focused on DPS as much as any Zerker.

Dmg output exaggeration

Kagamiku.9731

Yeah, you can reach 50k on low-ish armor targets when you’re solo. In groups you can reach upwards of 90-100k if you have the proper buffs.

Dmg output exaggeration

Sorin.4310

That isn’t that last Arah boss, and hardly anything has changed for WW damage (and obal has a new one for same boss with new specializations hitting for almost 60k). Does this boss take more damage? Yes. But 30k is far from impossible. Golem in CoE easily takes that. People are bad at WW because they don’t push into the boss when they use it.

Dmg output exaggeration

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

Anything that lacks Toughness, Vitality, or Healing Power is considered Meta in my book as your focused on DPS as much as any Zerker.

Meta is more than just about your gear, but also about your trait setup and what skills and weapons you use. Also imo there is a difference between running meta build because it is meta, and running same build because it happen to be what you find fun, and the fact that it is meta, is just a coincidence

Dmg output exaggeration

xbutcherx.3861

That isn’t that last Arah boss, and hardly anything has changed for WW damage (and obal has a new one for same boss with new specializations hitting for almost 60k). Does this boss take more damage? Yes. But 30k is far from impossible. Golem in CoE easily takes that. People are bad at WW because they don’t push into the boss when they use it.

I don’t do Arah, I mostly do fractals probably why they have high armor.

Dmg output exaggeration

xbutcherx.3861

Yeah, you can reach 50k on low-ish armor targets when you’re solo. In groups you can reach upwards of 90-100k if you have the proper buffs.

90-100k what? on a boss with negative armor? like the golem in fractals?

Dmg output exaggeration

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

There are many things that determine how much raw damage you are going to deal.

For instance…. the less downscaled you are…. the more damage you are going to be dealing.

You will always do the most damage to a foe while you are lvl 80, in a lvl 80 zone.

Assuming you have your might stacked to 25, and the enemy has 25 stacks of vulnerability, you have fury, all the applicable buffs including food, banner of strength, EA, your target has low/no armor etc.

There is one area in particular…..
The Ice Elemental at the end of the Dredge Fractal…. who will take absurd amounts of damage when it is super heated.

Also…. attacking fast enough to keep your “combo” going is not how you measure damage output.

ITT: People who can’t tell the difference between cumulative combo damage and single hit dmg.

A mesmer can literally “chain combo” his auto attack forever.

Just because you have a high number after chaining a bunch of hits together, doesn’t mean you are hitting for 30k-70k.

Attachments:

Dmg output exaggeration

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

And do not forget the recent symbolic avenger bug.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Dmg output exaggeration

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I know that consecutive attacks with no pauses will run up the number above the critter you are hitting. I can unleash 3 Repeaters in a row on my thief with dual pistols and the damage it does simply keeps accumulating into a large number but that number isn’t from a single attack.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Dmg output exaggeration

Kagamiku.9731

90-100k what? on a boss with negative armor? like the golem in fractals?

You can do it against someone like Belka (first boss of part 2) from Arah.

Dmg output exaggeration

Posted by: MHCerberus.1385

MHCerberus.1385

Meta is more than just about your gear, but also about your trait setup and what skills and weapons you use. Also imo there is a difference between running meta build because it is meta, and running same build because it happen to be what you find fun, and the fact that it is meta, is just a coincidence

THIS^ I run two main builds on my thief. One condition using D/D and one Crit using D/D. My crit one is probably pretty close to meta, but I made it myself because it’s fun and it’s how I enjoy playing. I am glad to see such a fast response to my post.

Death Express in game
Beta, remembering the good ol’ days

Dmg output exaggeration

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

June 28th of this year.

You are correct!

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

Dmg output exaggeration

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

Are they looking that the damage indicators/floaters above the target? Do they know that it tallies/adds up the total damage you do over a period of time/a single rotation? Did they do a full rotation and ended on an auto-attack so that it looked like it hit for 50k?

Have them read the actual combat log and see what they’re really doing. Those damage floaters are misleading to a lot of players.

Dmg output exaggeration

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Fully buffed Ele using lightning storm, icebow 4 while mob disabled, and metor shower while attuned to water and above 90% Hp on a large hit box boss = crazy amount of damage. If you add that up if say you could get to 90000 but that’s very specific conditions that only really good parties can pull off.

But no. Nobody is auto attacking for 50000