Dmging boon scaling with HP

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Askadia.4395

Askadia.4395

I wonder if a boon with a retail-like mechanic, but scaling with healing power, could eventually work for healing builds.
Healing builds require you loose in dmg, overall HP pool and armor… so your “power” just rely on your healing and on your team mates. So, something that can be a modest threat against those who target you, could be nice.

What do you think?

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

No.

From a PvP perspective: Bunker builds are already pretty strong. You can imagine what would happen if bunker builds got a dps boost.

From a PvE perspective: What exactly is your goal? Do you want to make healing power viable for dps builds? To me this sounds like an attempt to make all stats do everything, so you don’t actually have to choose what to go for. It’s true that in PvE damage is king and thus only offensive stats are desired. Turning the defensive stats into offensive ones is not the right way to fix this!

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I think you have failed to provide any justification for why a defensive stat should also have offensive benefits. A trait or rune set that converts part of your healing power to power would be a different story.

Posted by: Askadia.4395

Askadia.4395

Well I tried:

1. Mace/shield healing (vanilla) guardian with larger symbols: I know, it’s an unsual, broken, old build and people don’t like it in WvW. Healings are not that strong, but are constant: F2 ability and the elite signet constantly heal people arround me, while providing stability and a mobile shield to protect melee from casters during retreats. Let alone healing aegis and aegis on command with the shield skills… I know, it’s not the coolest or deadly build over there, its retail tick sucks, symbols are static, and in order to have high healing power, my armor and heal pool are trash. Any HoT spec can kill me with easy, even though I sacrified everything for healing power.

2. Staff healing (vanilla) ele with the 2 arcana blast skills to blast my own water fields. It can provide a nice healing burst, but that’s almost eveything it can do, since the only healing skills a vanilla ele has are the two in water attunment. It was once able to nicely share auras, but auras are now the tempest kingdom. Plus, as for the guardian, in order to have high healing power, armor and HP are low.

3. Axe/warhorn (vanilla) ranger with healing pets and 20% boon duration on trinkets. Ok, its dmg suck a lot, but it can share 2min regen, swift and fury to the whole zerg/blob. Regen tick is 385 (that is almost 4K every 10 seconds), with the water runes heal 1800 around me every 12 seconds and the pet 3K every 20 seconds.

I know, all of them are unusual, odd builds and I’m not complaining because I can’t play them (I have a lot of fun instead). The point is, even though I have sacrified everything (dmg, armor, HP), I still can’t compete with the high DPS HoT specs can provide: I mean, just to name one, the air overcharge skill can hit up to 17 times in 2 seconds, each of which hit deals 2K-2.5K dmg…

I’m not saying I want to kill them. My builds are supportive, and I’m supposed to heal and support ofc, but because my only strength is healing, I expect at least to survive enough time to be able to run away in a safe place (WvW-wise). While in PvE, it’s ok: I’m hyper slow at killing, but I can keep NPCs alive like a breaze, so I can do almost every event and even some dungeon alone, really really slowly, but I can.