Do You Skip Vistas and Jumping Puzzle Scenery?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I watched and screenshot’d all vistas except Cursed Shore.
Honestly CS looks awfully ugly (but it’s intended as it’s a corrupted land).

Posted by: Vzur.7123

Vzur.7123

I skip POIs, too. I’m not much of a completionist :p

Posted by: Alexander Dragonfang.1759

Alexander Dragonfang.1759

I watch the enviroment so often that i skip vistas, they really do not offer me the kind of view i need to focus on the delicious details of the world.

As for jumping puzzles, i do them with my friends, just for the lulz, and they are great, even the horrible camera control, i love to pass “frustrating kitten” im a bit of a maso lol

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

I watched the first few but then just skipped them all after that.

Posted by: sixfeetunder.6508

sixfeetunder.6508

you mean skip the stupid video of the lame landscape the developers wanted you to watch? i watched about 2-3 then once i seen you can skip..ive been skiping everything i can in this game. More i play the more i regret buying it….but in the end its free to play so theres that.

Ive never even watched a full cutscene on the game past lvl 5 on my first toon created once i learned you can skip..Story in this game is super terribel..worse the a “scifi original” movie. Game play is close to the terribleness of their cutscenes.

Posted by: monepipi.5160

monepipi.5160

I watch all the vistas. Its like a mini reward. The environments are nice to look at too, and give you more ‘feel’ to the zone/game. Those of you skipping them, you’re missing out. It only takes like what..~10-15 secs?

Posted by: monepipi.5160

monepipi.5160

you mean skip the stupid video of the lame landscape the developers wanted you to watch? i watched about 2-3 then once i seen you can skip..ive been skiping everything i can in this game. More i play the more i regret buying it….but in the end its free to play so theres that.

Ive never even watched a full cutscene on the game past lvl 5 on my first toon created once i learned you can skip..Story in this game is super terribel..worse the a “scifi original” movie. Game play is close to the terribleness of their cutscenes.

I don’t think this game is for you. Maybe something like COD would be to your taste?

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

I watched every single vista animation, didn’t get boring at all. I really liked what they did there, panning the camera to capture a screenshot that looks like concept art almost. But I will most likely skip most on my alts.

Posted by: ladague.1456

ladague.1456

I don’t mind the vista scenes, but I hate jumping puzzles. If I wanted to play a platform jumper game, then I would have bought one.

As well, jumping puzzles really detract from any role-playing element in the game. Yeah, so I go from being a noble to Mario just because I want to see something? How ridiculous! If these were optional mini-games, then fine, but as it is, you can’t cartography-type achievements without them.

Posted by: Vzur.7123

Vzur.7123

The jumping puzzles might be pretty cool, if there were movement mechanics to support it, ala Assassin’s Creed, or even Tomb Raider.. but with just typical MMO movement, I hate them. They just feel awkward and out of place to me.

Posted by: Jezath.7395

Jezath.7395

I watch them to see if they hint at secret locations thats all

Tis not what they can do for you
Tis only what you can do for all

Posted by: Nefaria.7659

Nefaria.7659

Watch them all, even when repeating on an alt character. It helps to pace my play, and adds a “cool-down” moment if it required a jumping puzzle to get there.

Some of the jumping area locations are really pretty. Some of the secret coves my friend and I hung around in merely because of the interesting scenery. Some of my favourites include a secret spot in Diessa where a Charr cub has a secret strawberry stash, and an Asuran lab with many floating cubes with a pool at the bottom that has a champion fishy.

Posted by: Josher.9612

Josher.9612

I’ll look around once I get there, but after lvl 20 or so, I’ve skipped them unless it was really tough to get to it. Most of the time, it’s really not all that impressive. A few a cool but most are just the same mountains I’ve been playing through. A camera fly through doesn’t really look any better.

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Occasionally some of these Vistas reveal a hidden secret passage or jumping puzzle.

But despite that I ended up skipping most after the first dozen or so.

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

Skip hard ones for the most part.

Not worth the armor repair bill anymore.