Do devs ever read or is this game a myth.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Veryl.7861

Veryl.7861

heeeeey. I want to know if devs ever read this and fix the questing/leveling system and I think fashion should be free because there is a lot of inflation or what to call it and transmutation charges are friggin expensive.

THIS GAME IS DIEING and noone does a thing.
people are shutting eachother up with so called “fair-discrimination” tbh. in my experience I only met people who failed to understand the game because noone was there playing for noone other then themselves.

there are exceptions. Some people act like they have free will but pretend others do not.
Would human gm’s reading mapchat not be convinient?

I would never quit gw2 and I hope there will be less tactical outfits or armor.
But this is getting outragious for a perfect f2p game.

Posted by: sstefanovv.5269

sstefanovv.5269

this… has to be one of the more incoherent rants I read on the forum…
But lets see if I can elaborate here and there to what you wrote:
-Leveling/questing system: what is there to fix? its rather straight forward, you have plenty of options to finish a heart, everything gives xp so leveling is not restricted to farming…. whats your point here?
-Free fashion: Sooo you want to take away one of the biggest reasons for players to farm? (aside from legendaries & ascended ofcourse). If fashion would be free, why on earth would you spend effort on this game? It would take away one of the main goals for people in this game (#fashionwars). Besides, you got the transmutation charges, which is one of, if not the best way to do the fashion in an mmo i have seen.
-¨THIS GAME IS DIEING¨writing it in capslock doesnt make it more true. There are plenty of people playing the game. Yes its at a low point atm after a long period of content draught, but if you havent noticed, living world season 3 is coming up, which means new content, which means bringing back people. mmo’s always have a fluctuation in their population, and simply the fact that gw is at its low point of the bar atm does not make it dying. Its a 4 year old mmo (or 5, to lazy to check), give it some credit.

The rest I wont bother writing about, since its just to incoherent for me to understand what your point is.

Posted by: Bakeneko.5826

Bakeneko.5826

Dev read forums. And there is nothing wrong with “questing” and leveling in this game. By doing Renown heats only it is possible to reach level 80 in couple of weeks or so.
Why fashion SHOULD be free? It is gold sink, which helps to keep inflation at bay. What you are suggesting is giving something, that drains money away from the game into a void, and giving it for free? No, thanks.

The game is alive and well, I’d suggest you check NCSoft quaterly income by game. It is not Lineage, but it is doing well.
“Fair-discrimination” is it new SJW buzzword?
Sooo, you want others to pamper your needs? You realize, that in MMO person who is behind character comes in first, only then they tend to sponsor guildmates/random pugs?

This is not F2P game. It never was. F2P players basically gets free demo of a game, which manages to just work for F2P players to get hooked on the game and buy Core+HoT. F2P is getting most of what I payed 50$ for years ago. I don’t think F2P got a right to nag about something when they basically get core game for free with a few restrictions.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

While i do agree that there are some parts of the game that really need dev attention, and i disagree with some of Anet’s policies, i must admit i have no idea what OP is talking about.

To OP: Please, if you are going to complain, make a readable point that clearly describes what you have problems with. Nobody’s going to care about an incoherent rant.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I doubt your post has any use just before a new release being a major part of PvE story and lore.

When everything is played and all has been seen we can objectively say this game is dead. Whcih IMHO it isn’t. Yes many people are playing other things, are on holidays or are login in less frequent, but as this isnt a subscription bound game it is never dead, it will die when the servers are shut down, not before.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Veryl.7861

Veryl.7861

hah… Yeah.

I guess people are ignoring me then. >_>
So basicly I wish I could have fun while farming.
I take back what I said about fashion. But in the end-game. if you have your ascended etc.

I’m glad there are still people here that know how to play this. and honestly. I feel like a nub xD.

#“Fair-discrimination” is it new SJW buzzword? # No idea, hope not.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Anet do read the forum and will make changes based on discussions here. (For example every change to the daily achievements has come from the forum.)

But they don’t simply implement everything everyone suggests. That would be impossible (both because of the time required and because a lot of suggestions contradict each other) and also it would not necessarily make a good game.

For one great example people were posting for years about how they wanted something like GW1’s system of earning new skills by finding and defeating specific bosses. Then they introduced exactly that as a way of unlocking traits and people hated it, so much they actually changed it back.

If you want to see your ideas make it into the game the best thing to do is to post a topic with a clear title (e.g. “levelling changes I’d like”) laying out exactly what you think the problem is and how you’d like to see it fixed. Simply saying “fix the questing/levelling system” doesn’t give them much to go on – what I think is wrong with it may be exactly what you love about it.

Then you need to get other people to support your ideas. Be aware that you’ll almost never get people simply saying “Yes! I want exactly this!”, most of them will have their own ideas on how it should work and other people may not like it at all. Neither of those means they’re attacking you or that you should give up on it immediately. Sometimes discussing an idea – hashing out the potential problems other people raise or incorporating their ideas can make it even better.

Finally be aware that it will take a long time for anything to happen. Anet almost never post in a topic to say they are going to use an idea – if they post at all it’s usually to ask for clarification. And even if they were to drop everything and start working on your idea that day it would take weeks or months to complete and then it might need to wait for a convenient time (for example they try to avoid balance changes when a PvP tournament is running).

So it’s not a quick or easy process, but if there’s things that really bother you it can be well worth it. (And at the very least it’s an opportunity to vent your frustration.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

hah… Yeah.

I take back what I said about fashion. But in the end-game. if you have your ascended etc.

I’m glad there are still people here that know how to play this. and honestly. I feel like a nub xD.

If you want devs to read anything post it on the reddit page. But I warn you, no matter where you post anything that goes against anything anet does you’re going to get anet white-knights that lurk the forums and reddit 24/7 that will insult you and shoot down anything you say cuz they think they are gods gift to anet.
And as far as everyone saying that the op post was incoherent, I understood everything op was saying so its obv you are all m0r0ns for not being able to understand.
and to say it was so incoherent but you still felt the need to comment on what the op said. Talk about being a hyp0crite

Forever Against Stacked Servers
Virual [VRUS] Alien Lunatics [StFu] Nocturnal Sxaddx [Nuts] Ft. Aspenwood
That which is dead may eternally lie, but with great aeons even death may die.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I didn’t understand what the OP tryed to say, Nocturnal. Since you understand it better, could you please explain it to me? English is not my first language, it would be really nice.
Thanks.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

hah… Yeah.

If you want devs to read anything post it on the reddit page. But I warn you, no matter where you post anything that goes against anything anet does you’re going to get anet white-knights that lurk the forums and reddit 24/7 that will insult you and shoot down anything you say cuz they think they are gods gift to anet.
And as far as everyone saying that the op post was incoherent, I understood everything op was saying so its obv you are all m0r0ns for not being able to understand.
and to say it was so incoherent but you still felt the need to comment on what the op said. Talk about being a hyp0crite

If you want devs (or anyone, for that matter), to read what you write (and take it seriously), the first step is make it readable without having to go over it multiple times. There’s nothing hypocritical about that, and that’s not even a correct use of the word. The second step is to make your points clear without ranting, because no one wants to listen to your soap box. Soap Boxes are bad; ideas, suggestions, concerns are good. Thirdly, people disagreeing with you does not make someone a “white knight.” If you want to get anywhere in life, you have to learn how to have civil discussions with other people without resulting to rants and name calling. There are very, VERY few “white knights” (that’s such a strawman term) on here, despite what you seem to think. Most of us just have very specific issues we rail against, and we at least attempt to do in a more polite manner.

Danikat gave a perfectly fair critique in this case, and has actually had criticisms of Arenanet in other threads, but you’ve just assumed and implied because they didn’t bash Arenanet the way you’d like that they are championing for them. These are the things that destroy any chance you have of being taken seriously. And to be honest, after taking the time to declare everyone else “m0r0ns,” you have quite frankly burned all of your bridges in one fell swoop. Good luck winning anyone over after that.

There’s plenty of evidence to show Arenanet does listen to players- my number one example would be engineer backpacks. It took a long time to get here, but we got rid of them after a massive forum thread. They can’t fix everything we bring up in the forums, especially when portions of the player-base are divided on what we want from them. I’m still holding out for a return on that Injector Backpack, myself.

TLDR: Be polite and constructive. It goes a long way.

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

(edited by DragonflyDusk.6582)