Do i need to re/dowonlad gw2 for 2nd acct?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

Q:

Hi,
I just purchased 2nd gw2 acct and was wondering if i have to download the entire game anew or is there way i can copy or w/ever my existing client? Could anyone answer this please it would be much appreciated. It would be great if there’s a (legal) way of doing this and saving me a huge download.

Thanks in advance

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

A:

No need to download again, just enter the new account id + password into the launcher.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

No, all you have to do is launch the game and log in with your new account information. Your new account name is the email address you registered for your new account and the password you set.

The Burninator

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

I knew this was gonna be a thing and now Anet how about adding the ability to store your account names in a drop down menu on the launcher. So you would click the drop down and I would see Gummy.4278 and Gummy2.9992(not saying that this is an account btw) and when you click on one it loads the password in if you have it saved and you log into that account.
Also while in game if you have multiple accounts add a button so when you click the game menu and the logout button you get the new button “switch accounts”. Upon pressing you get to select which account.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I knew this was gonna be a thing and now Anet how about adding the ability to store your account names in a drop down menu on the launcher. So you would click the drop down and I would see Gummy.4278 and Gummy2.9992(not saying that this is an account btw) and when you click on one it loads the password in if you have it saved and you log into that account.
Also while in game if you have multiple accounts add a button so when you click the game menu and the logout button you get the new button “switch accounts”. Upon pressing you get to select which account.

That’s a really good idea. I hope Anet uses it.