Do longtime players get free items too? (Wizard Hat; Merged)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: yurtshone.7325

yurtshone.7325

I agree with the OP. Anet have annoyed me this past few months but this hat thing is not one of them. They are entitled to run promos and the like. I could care less for a wizards hat!

Posted by: toafarmer.8401

toafarmer.8401

No one is forcing the non-whiners-very-mature-players-who-dont-care-about-cosmetic-stuff-because-they-are-for-kids-even-though-they-play-a-10yo+-fantasy-game to have the hat, but us, childish-whiners, want to have it. Maybe because we collect things, maybe because we want to have the same things people who are paying 20 bucks less will have. Maybe both.

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

the only thing the wizard hat got me is one less slot to put loot in. People aren’t missing anything – its town clothes and theres no reason to switch to town clothes.

Thank you, that was pretty much /thread

Irony…. xD

Posted by: Toxica.6749

Toxica.6749

Though I agree with the sentiment of what you are posting, that one should not begrudge those who were smart enough to shop for a good deal on the game… your tone is a disgrace. You come off as lecturing your peers and have the cheek to tell other people to get over themselves.

Posted by: Scorpion.3691

Scorpion.3691

Any of you remember the old movie classic Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory?
All the whiners in this game remind me of the kid who played Veruca Salt…“Oh Daddy I want a Oompa Loompa!”…..“Oh Daddy I want a Golden Goose and I want it nowwww!”
“Stomps Feet”….pathetic absolutely pathetic…

Posted by: Romeo.4378

Romeo.4378

Though I agree with the sentiment of what you are posting, that one should not begrudge those who were smart enough to shop for a good deal on the game… your tone is a disgrace. You come off as lecturing your peers and have the cheek to tell other people to get over themselves.

Let me assure you, the people this thread is aimed at, are in no way shape or form, my “peers”.

Posted by: Lazarus.1083

Lazarus.1083

And BTW, I think Anet will miss more someone like me who spent 400 bucks in the game than anyone like you who probably spent only 60. Unless they prefer pollyanna-like players than the ones with cash, which might be Anet case, but certainly not NCsoft’s.

Come on! Get off your high horse there bro, who care’s what you paid into the game, you want to spend 400$ in the $$tore to buy whatever, who cares, maybe NCsoft.
Doesn’t entitle you to something that wasn’t offered when you bought the game. Pre ordering gave you a trinket for +2 stats to everything didn’t it?? I bought the Digital Deluxe after the beta was over, I didn’t get it and I could care less yet I paid the same as you did, should I whine to Anet to get the same as you did ?? That’s not the way business works bud, it was offered during beta I didn’t take the bait to pre order and fund a game I wasn’t sure I would play.

Also nowhere in the other post did he say what he spent in game, so how the f^^^ would you know you spent more? As if spending more money entitled you to something special in this game other than the content you paid for.

I can’t believe people are complaining about a useless hat, I didn’t get a chest in the mail for the event from H3ll. As far as I know precursors and or decent items aren’t cosmetic and worth something in game! I’m not whining about it in the forums.

So the DD version is on special, so it gives a Wizards hat (cosmetic to boot) as an incentive to buy, that’s just proof that GW2 needs an influx of players/cash)
If it was a stat item I could understand being miffed, but as it is a cosmetic item with no use or value other than being a collectable being mad about it is laughable.

The hoarder mentality : It’s useless but I want it anyway, it prevalent these days. Companies take advantage of it to make money… lottery tickets, new and improved smart phones every 6 months or so… you get the idea….

Skritt shinies… ohhh! need more shinies, you give me shinies….OOOHHHHH!!!!

Incentives to buy the DD version of this game has no bearing on “Customer service”
but who knows Whine (complain) enough and they will probably give it to you in the $$tore.

Talk about being belligerent calling people fanboys for pointing out the fact that it wasn’t offered when you bought the game so why should you receive it?? Kind of like saying hey it’s 20$ cheaper now I want my refund of 20$ since I bought it 3 months ago.

BTW the game industry standards drop because people are way too willing to pre order unseen and then complain about the pointless crap and not about the things that matter IE. bug free software, stable servers, fun content, patches that work, events that are functional and “CUSTOMER service”. … the list goes on.
You may have noticed it has gotten considerably worse since the console games took the market by storm. The game a year and pay for updates came from that market into ours.

(edited by Lazarus.1083)

toafarmer.8401

Any of you remember the old movie classic Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory?
All the whiners in this game remind me of the kid who played Veruca Salt…“Oh Daddy I want a Oompa Loompa!”…..“Oh Daddy I want a Golden Goose and I want it nowwww!”

Do you have deluxe version?

Posted by: yurtshone.7325

yurtshone.7325

I struggle to believe that the people complaining about this hat are adults. Come on! If you are an adult and have kids, or know other children, if you heard them whining like you are in this and other “hat threads” you would tell them off.
Get a grip people.

Posted by: Zaith.9132

Zaith.9132

This takes the cake. Sorry, OP but this isn’t what the forums are for. People feel cheated. It’s not your job to make them feel worse because of a video game company’s ploy. You attempt to discredit players who enjoy the game differently, and you devalue YOURSELF as a customer and a community member.

I agree with certain things the OP says. Return policies etc. are subjective in most places (however British Common Law is codified in many places under some sort of Sale of Goods Act). I dunno how it works legally for a company who publishes in countries outside the Commonwealth and United States (and granted ANY company is entitled to their own return policy). But frankly, if you tried to return something and the employees laughed at you, I’m truly sorry. I don’t think you meant to imply ANet/NCSoft was laughing behind all our backs.

None of this was sarcastic. I harbor no hate for the OP. In fact I sympathize with the OP as they seem to have based their opinion on an experience of poor sales practices and customer service. For this, and only this are they forgiven. The tone, as Toxica.6749 before me said, is not welcome.

/me tips transmuted tier-3 crafted hat

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

Some stores (not alot) have a policy that if a sale happens within a certain time of purchase you can get a partial refund, or the same benifit depending on circumstance. For instance, if I bought a radio, and the following day it was on sale, I could get a partial refund based on I would have waited an extra day if I had of known about the sale.

Not everyone does this but the ones that do, care about customer satisfaction and have policies to reflect that.

Zaith.9132

Let me assure you, the people this thread is aimed at, are in no way shape or form, my “peers”.

Ah. I see. Then please close this thread if you admit the purpose is provocational rather than constructive.

Zaith.9132

Some stores (not alot) have a policy that if a sale happens within a certain time of purchase you can get a partial refund, or the same benifit depending on circumstance. For instance, if I bought a radio, and the following day it was on sale, I could get a partial refund based on I would have waited an extra day if I had of known about the sale.

Not everyone does this but the ones that do, care about customer satisfaction and have policies to reflect that.

You are spot on about customer satisfaction. But where I live, most big companies offer full money back within a window if the price drops. Walmart even has an advertisement match policy. As does Staples Business Depot: “We will not be undersold”. They’ll actually give you a better deal on the spot. Large companies are/should not be opposed to giving customers a break. It’s what keeps them competitive and their customers coming back.

Scorpion.3691

No I don’t have the “deluxe” version nor do I intend to get it…the “bonus” items for upgrading or purchasing it didn’t really appeal to me…I did purchase a retail boxed copy of the game and got the head start etc that everyone else got it who purchased it before launch did. And I do not feel slighted in any way that ones who buy the copy that I bought get it as a free “upgrade” now…promotions are just that…promotions…I got the head start and other pre-purchase items that new buyers now won’t ever get.

toafarmer.8401

Come on! Get off your high horse there bro, who care’s what you paid into the game, you want to spend 400$ in the $$tore to buy whatever, who cares, maybe NCsoft.

Yeah, thats what Ive said.

I bought the Digital Deluxe after the beta was over, I didn’t get it and I could care less yet I paid the same as you did, should I whine to Anet to get the same as you did ?? That’s not the way business works bud, it was offered during beta I didn’t take the bait to pre order and fund a game I wasn’t sure I would play.

Keyword here is “after”

I can’t believe people are complaining about a useless hat, I didn’t get a chest in the mail for the event from H3ll. As far as I know precursors and or decent items aren’t cosmetic and worth something in game! I’m not whining about it in the forums.

Precursors are cosmetic items used to do cosmetic legendaries. They all have the same stats as any 3g exotic as far as I know.

The hoarder mentality : It’s useless but I want it anyway, it prevalent these days. Companies take advantage of it to make money… lottery tickets, new and improved smart phones every 6 months or so… you get the idea….

So? It is useless and I want it.

Talk about being belligerent calling people fanboys for pointing out the fact that it wasn’t offered when you bought the game so why should you receive it?? Kind of like saying hey it’s 20$ cheaper now I want my refund of 20$ since I bought it 3 months ago.

I dont really care about the $20, I just want to be able to collect cosmetic items because I like to do it in the games I buy and I dont like the idea of not being able to have something just because I bought the game BEFORE it was released.

BTW the game industry standards drop because people are way too willing to pre order unseen and then complain about the pointless crap and not about the things that matter IE. bug free software, stable servers, fun content, patches that work, events that are functional and “CUSTOMER service”. … the list goes on.

Customer. Vou me lembrar o jeito certo de escrever, obrigado pela correção e se precisar de uma forcinha no português é só falar.

About the standards, they dont drop because of pre-purchases, but because some (a lot of) people are just happy with anything and think that anyone who wants a decent customer (see, I’ve learned) service, cosmetic stuff, new content or anything else the truth keepers dont think is necessary are “whiners”. Ill tell you what: if I didnt have to ship it to wherever you live, Id sell you my car. It has some problems, but you are not a whiner, so you would be happy anyway.

toafarmer.8401

No I don’t have the “deluxe” version nor do I intend to get it…the “bonus” items for upgrading or purchasing it didn’t really appeal to me…I did purchase a retail boxed copy of the game and got the head start etc that everyone else got it who purchased it before launch did. And I do not feel slighted in any way that ones who buy the copy that I bought get it as a free “upgrade” now…promotions are just that…promotions…I got the head start and other pre-purchase items that new buyers now won’t ever get.

Thats what I thought. Now I understand it clearly.

Posted by: Hydrophidian.4319

Hydrophidian.4319

Pray tell, what would happen if you walked into said shop and said something along the lines of

“Ohai, I bought an Xbox here yesterday/last week and I see you are now selling the same Xbox for 20% and with an extra game – any chance you can give me 20% back and give me the game?”

Let me tell you what would happen.

The manager or other member of staff would politely apologise and say that, because you bought the item before the sale, you were not entitled to 20% of your money back and the free game. Then, after you’d left the store, they’d go out back and say to their store colleagues “Guys, you would not believe what this idiot customer just…”.

Then they’d all laugh at you.

Actually, no, this isn’t typically what happens. And this scenario crops up all the time in retail. So much so that there’s often a policy in place granting a certain grace period for pre-sale purchases.

While I agree that this is much ado about nothing, it’s also something that should’ve been seen coming a mile away. It could’ve been avoided.

In any event, calling anyone a “whiner” isn’t helpful. If anything, such disparaging remarks are only going to encourage and prolong the very behavior you’re admonishing.

(edited by Hydrophidian.4319)

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Well, back to the reason of the post:

How do the people who already have the digital deluxe edition claim the wizard hat? Or is that only for people who buy the digital deluxe for 20 bucks cheaper than the rest of us?

Thanks about all the offensive posts by the fanboys, but all I want to know is how to claim the hat (if it is possible to have it).

Your question was answered. You just don’t like the answer, so you ignore them and call them fanboys.

You cannot claim the hat if you already own the Deluxe Edition. It is a promotion for new players/new purchases only. The only way to obtain the hat, is to buy another Deluxe Edition. Simple as that.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Kyosji.8961

Kyosji.8961

So if you buy Guild wars, you get a free upgrade to the digital delux edition. That means they get all of this for free:

Summon Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill: Summon a deadly Mistfire Wolf, a spectral animal with unique powers of her own.

Miniature Rytlock: He may not even reach your character’s knees, but this tiny miniature Rytlock still has all the spirit and ferocity of the charr!

Chalice of Glory: This chalice provides your character with Glory, which they can use to unlock PvP rewards (single use).

Tome of Influence: Boost your guild’s influence with this sacred book (single use).

Golem Banker: An automated manservant that allows you to access you storage account from anywhere for 5 days.

PLUS you gate a freakn’ Wizard Hat!

So what about the players who bought it already and has been playing? Are they going to be shafted out of this?

Seems very unfair that you would give these items to new players, but to your players that have been around for months, and who has had to deal with the issues of the game (mainly in the past month or so) get nothing.

Please have someone respond to this. I won’t demand it or anything so I don’t get infracted, I’m just asking a staff member to.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

From the model style and type, they look to be the same item. Yes, I’m talking about the absolutely 100% free hat given to everyone who did the last event part of Halloween 2012 in GW2, or talked to the annoying costume guy that stood there for 2 weeks after that.

Even without that into consideration, us players who were there from LAUNCH have the Celebration Hat. This hat is a one-time item that shows that we were there at launch. No, these new people don’t get it, neither do people that started 1 month after launch, or going to start 6 months after launch.

And finally, let’s not forget the free Devil Horns from Halloween as well. Those that were in the store, no Gem cost or nothing. Again, something that only those that were already subscribed in the game and playing during the Halloween 2012 event could have obtained.

So, let’s consider the entitlement call of “loyal fans”:

-*- Fans from Launch: 3 free costume hats.

-*- New start-up players: 1 free costume hat.

So, I’m confused by all the fuss that’s saying that A.Net “has no loyalty to it’s fans” and “we deserve it!” claims? What gives?

Posted by: Galk the Bloody.4629

Galk the Bloody.4629

they can have the witches hat, I got my gw2 baseball cap from the launch. Just wish i could have gotten the gw2 shirt as well.

Scorpion.3691

You understand what clearly? If I had waited and bought the game now I would have gotten the digital deluxe version as a free upgrade but yet I do not feel slighted at all because I got what was advertised at the time….get over it….you got 3 hats if you started at launch until present and new people will only get 1 yet you feel entitled to getting that 1 hat the new people get instead of being satisfied with what you have already received……amazing the mentality of some people….

Posted by: Rustypipes.6238

Rustypipes.6238

They should offer it in the gem store. That’s right, you paid full price for the game 3 months ago and you should pay more for something that is part of a promo deal.

How bad do you really want it?

It’s a video game.

Posted by: DenverRalphy.4185

DenverRalphy.4185

Welcome to the wonderful world of being an early adopter.

Sometimes you get a bonus, sometimes you don’t. But one thing for sure is, as an early adopter you will always pay more simply to be “first”.

The wizard hat is a cosmetic item. It doesn’t grant any advantage. It’s not game breaking. It’s no big deal.

On the flip side… people who buy late and get the wizard hat also do not have the event items that were only obtainable at those times (well, at least until next year when the events roll around again).

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

So, people are upset because of a hat?

Am I getting this right?

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: Norb.4253

Norb.4253

Am I getting this right?

Apparently it’s a thing now.

I don’t want to live on this planet anymore.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Honestly I’m happier not getting it.

I’ve been playing since launch (bought the Digitial Deluxe edition on the first day of pre-purchase) and I feel like I’ve already got more “special” hats than I know what to do with, and most likely many more to come further down the line. Although from now on I’ll probably only get the ones I actually like the look of.

But if it helps look at it this way – you’ve had the chance to get 3 special, limited edition hats which they haven’t got, and can never get. The baseball cap, the devil horns and the witches hat.

At least it’s not like the special edition of GW1 that came with a full set of unique skinned weapons with great stats for new characters and an infinate summon for players under level 20. Trying to do Legendary Defender of Ascalon and having to constantly explain that no, I have to FIND a decent weapon, I can’t just type “/bonus” and take my pick and no, I can’t let the fire imp do all the work while I stand there firing off the odd spell because I bought the game earlier than they did got extremely tedious.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Hydrophidian.4319

Hydrophidian.4319

Is the basic principle really that difficult to understand?

An item has been introduced. Some people want it. But they can’t have it, because they… bought the game too early.

Wut?

If the problem there isn’t blatantly obvious, I’m not sure what else can be said.

Is the item in question trivial? Sure. Do some people want it anyway? Obviously. Do they have a valid point about it? Yes. Could this reaction have been predicted? Absolutely. Could it have been avoided? Absolutely.

So why wasn’t it?

I think that’s the real issue.

I doubt anyone’s buying the game because of a free wizard hat. So the only thing its inclusion as an exclusive item accomplished is the horking off of existing customers.

It was a bad move in what is becoming a pattern of bad moves from the person or persons who happen to be handling marketing for this game.

I mean, c’mon. A wizard hat? That’s the big exclusivity scheme to sell more copies? Really?

A bunch of boosters would’ve been more compelling, and it would’ve had the added bonus of not causing this problem.

Danikat.8537

Am I getting this right?

It’s a hold-over from GW1. Every festival event there gave out a hat, usually a unique one, that was only available during that festival (usually during the finale).

And every year there were people demanding that they had to make an exception and let them get it later because they’d missed out but still totally deserved it and now their hat collection and/or life was ruined and it was so unfair.

Then they started adding other ways to get them, even letting people get hats from previous years and a different group freaked out, insisting that they’d ruined the entire concept because their super special leet hat of awesome wouldn’t be impressive any more now everyone else could get one.

(And in case you’re wondering yes these were exactly like the GW2 hats. A cosmetic item with absolutely no purpose other than wearing around other players and hoping the odd person would a) notice and b) care.)

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

You walk into a shop, and buy something, for the purpose of this thread let’s say you buy an Xbox.

The next day, or the next week, whatever, you walk past the same shop and see that they are now doing a 20% off sale, and/or that the Xbox is now being sold with an extra game as part of a special package.

Pray tell, what would happen if you walked into said shop and said something along the lines of

“Ohai, I bought an Xbox here yesterday/last week and I see you are now selling the same Xbox for 20% and with an extra game – any chance you can give me 20% back and give me the game?”

Let me tell you what would happen.

The manager or other member of staff would politely apologise and say that, because you bought the item before the sale, you were not entitled to 20% of your money back and the free game. Then, after you’d left the store, they’d go out back and say to their store colleagues “Guys, you would not believe what this idiot customer just…”.

Then they’d all laugh at you.
<snip>

When wanting people to use ‘common sense’ …. aka the sense you think is common because it’s your opinion, but not actually common – don’t use an example that’s blatantly wrong.

Gehenna.3625

The next day, or the next week, whatever, you walk past the same shop and see that they are now doing a 20% off sale, and/or that the Xbox is now being sold with an extra game(which is not available at all for current xbox users unless they buy a new box and they can play it only on the new box) as part of a special package.

Fixed it for you. See the difference and why people are complaining?

I don’t think a hat is comparable to a full game.

People are still really upset about a hat. Not an ascended helmet, but a hat.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

So if you used lets say…windows for the past 10 yrs or whatever that since you have been loyal to microsoft that they should just give you everything new they make?…

You are probably gonna be shocked by this. Microsoft let me upgrade to their new version of windows for only $45, just because I used their previous product(see loyal). If I wasn’t a previous customer of theirs I would have been charged $100+ for the exact same product!

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

The town clothes are so ridiculous and so undeveloped that the wizard hat is completely useless. Save your inventory slots for better stuff.

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

Danikat.8537

Exactly.

And if your concern is having a hat that announces how much of an awesome, loyal fan you are any of those is better than one that effectively says “I bought this game 3 months late”.

Except the witches hat, since they’re identical and I think it’s extremely unlikely anyone will bother to ask which you’re wearing.

Gehenna.3625

Am I getting this right?

It’s a hold-over from GW1. Every festival event there gave out a hat, usually a unique one, that was only available during that festival (usually during the finale).

And every year there were people demanding that they had to make an exception and let them get it later because they’d missed out but still totally deserved it and now their hat collection and/or life was ruined and it was so unfair.

Then they started adding other ways to get them, even letting people get hats from previous years and a different group freaked out, insisting that they’d ruined the entire concept because their super special leet hat of awesome wouldn’t be impressive any more now everyone else could get one.

(And in case you’re wondering yes these were exactly like the GW2 hats. A cosmetic item with absolutely no purpose other than wearing around other players and hoping the odd person would a) notice and b) care.)

I played GW1 for 6000+ hours. Yes we had hats there but no they weren’t just that. You could actually wear those skins in combat and not just in town, which to me is exactly the reason why the hats were popular in GW1 and a complete failure in GW2. But that’s just my opinion. They learned a lot from GW1 they said. We take everything you love from GW1 and….

Well, we all have our opinions, but in this game the hats are even less significant than in GW1.

Posted by: Kagusaki.3176

Kagusaki.3176

I’m new to this game (bought it a few weeks ago) and new to mmorpgs. I seriously did not know a hat would cause problem in the mmorpg world lol But lets see, I missed out on the Halloween and the Lost Shores Event, and the Digital Deluxe promo by a couple hours because I wasn’t able to find any information on the sale so no hat for me. Now who has the short end of the stick? X)

Foreman Spur – Level 80 Charrior | Firefister – Level 80 Charrcromancer
The Legion of Charrs [TLC] – Fort Aspenwood’s Finest Charr Guild
You can’t spell Fur Affinity without FA! :3

Posted by: Zorada.9457

Zorada.9457

Serious?
Ok Xmas is almost here and you will go out and do what most do and buy loads of things for your family to celebrate. Thing is a few weeks later they have a thing called January sales and all that rubbish you bought a few weeks earlier is now a fraction of the price. Do you now go into the store crying that its unfair and you want it at the same price now and demand a refund?
Seriously people need to get a grip, its nothing in the whole scheme of things its a kitten silly hat. You got the game at the start so what? it doesnt and shouldnt entitle you to everything else that comes along afterwards. Promotions are just that which means companies either use them to get more products purchased or to offload old stock, either way that is how companies work and always have. Tough luck comes to mind i am afriad. I didnt buy this game at the start because i was unsure if i wanted it until it had been out a while but even though i bought the DD edition you do not see me or others like me whining about the fact we didnt get all the other promotional gear at the start. So you had the game earlier than some and the point is what? you have played it longer so thats an auto entitlement?

Get real and start getting out into the real world more then you would see this is perfectly normal business practice and it may ease your mind a little. I played wow since vanilla and sometimes i would not play to have a break which ment i would miss out on some things. I understood that thats my fault and other promotions and items would be available to others that i wouldnt get. Its just life

The people moaning here are the very people that make games companies sell things like mounts and extra items becuase they have to have everything and comapnies know they can make money out of you. I dont see why people have to complain about every little thing in life its all very sad. I blame peoples parents becuase normaly they have spoilt their kids giving them everything when they open their mouths so they get used to getting their own way. Welcome to the real world. fun aint it

Posted by: Zorada.9457

Zorada.9457

I was not here at the very start and so i missed the promos, i dont have a hat and i missed the halloween stuff too. I now miss out on another promo hat and you know what………………. i dont care

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

So let me get this straight. People are complaining about a town clothes promo hat that’s very rarely if ever going to get displayed and will be taking up space in their inventory? Seriously?

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Danikat.8537

Serious?
Ok Xmas is almost here and you will go out and do what most do and buy loads of things for your family to celebrate. Thing is a few weeks later they have a thing called January sales and all that rubbish you bought a few weeks earlier is now a fraction of the price. Do you now go into the store crying that its unfair and you want it at the same price now and demand a refund?

Actually some people do exactly that.

I always wondered how many of the ones who said they were going to sue or complain to head office or report us to Trading Standards actually went through with it. I’d love to know what kind of response they got.

Posted by: Sharkinu.8096

Sharkinu.8096

They are similar, not identical

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Yule_Cap
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Stylish_Yule_Cap

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Pumpkin_Crown
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Furious_Pumpkin_Crown

These hats are also similar, not identical. If it was identical it would be called Witch Hat not Wizard Hat.

Posted by: YzermanCpt.9375

YzermanCpt.9375

It’s a good thing you don’t live in a 3rd world country OP. Be thankful these are the kind of things you have to gripe about. Even my 6 year old daughter isn’t this petty.

Posted by: Avengersoul.8256

Avengersoul.8256

Not the same. Also not worth it.

Attachments:

Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

it’s obviously the same model hat, just rerigged and with the band removed,
5 minutes work for a modeller.
but anyway, no need to want it,
it makes you bald…
witches and wizards are mostly not-bald from the sources i can think of.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Posted by: mattbnh.9247

mattbnh.9247

Gandalf would want it, but he already has one.

“That’s more than I really needed to know.” – Adventurer in LA

toafarmer.8401

You understand what clearly? If I had waited and bought the game now I would have gotten the digital deluxe version as a free upgrade but yet I do not feel slighted at all because I got what was advertised at the time….get over it….you got 3 hats if you started at launch until present and new people will only get 1 yet you feel entitled to getting that 1 hat the new people get instead of being satisfied with what you have already received……amazing the mentality of some people….

Yeah, amazing. “I couldnt buy deluxe version so I think anyone who wants the hat is a whiner”.

toafarmer.8401

Your question was answered. You just don’t like the answer, so you ignore them and call them fanboys.

You cannot claim the hat if you already own the Deluxe Edition. It is a promotion for new players/new purchases only. The only way to obtain the hat, is to buy another Deluxe Edition. Simple as that.

Sorry, I expect for an official answer. Can you link me some official info about that or is this only your thoughts?

Posted by: deborah.2068

deborah.2068

Now let me tell you what would happen with some one with a aggressive/take care of business personality. He buys that Xbox, sees it on sell a week later within the period it will take returns, he ask the manager for the refund of the 20% and the game, the manager states he wont do it, you clearly tell the manager he will do so or you will return the Xbox get your money back and never shop there again and continue to argue. The manager will cave give you the 20% back and the game just to get rid of you. So whats the point of this thread again……..

toafarmer.8401

Am I getting this right?

That is a way to see it. Another one is “people are upset because of a videogame?”. But Id say Im upset because the way Anet is treating their customers.

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

Are some of you really so dense as to think that this is all about some silly old hat? It’s the underlying motivation of the matter that some find offensive. I don’t complain if others get something on special because I know that I can go out, just as they did, and get it myself. I would have no problem if I had to buy this hat in the gem shop. It’s the fact that it’s entirely unobtainable by anyone playing the game before this point.

And how is a virtual hat any more trivial or “petty” than a virtual legendary item that people come here to constantly give their feedback on? Some need to be respectful of opinions not originating from themselves.

Give me the hat or don’t; I just don’t want to see the game I like take a turn like so many other F2P games that hand out these exclusive items to take advantage of a collector mentality. Just look at games like runescape who string players on by giving them a new toy each time they buy a game time card.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]