Do longtime players get free items too? (Wizard Hat; Merged)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lazarus.1083

Lazarus.1083

This is for new accounts.

Don’t forget, those who purchased previously had other opportunities: Beta access, Head-start access, digital items, the post-trial offer, event participation, etc. With each promotion there are different incentives.

Ty for clarifying the situation even though I think a lot of us already knew the answer. It wouldn’t be an incentive (promotion) to buy the DD version if everyone could get it. Now if it was an actual Stat item or a vendorable (tp) item I would have thought other wise.

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

New players are not being denied their chance to get limited time items – they didn’t have the chance because they didn’t own the game/weren’t playing during the limited time the items were available in. You’re not playing the game, so of course you don’t get the chance to obtain a limited time item within the game.

This, however, doesn’t quite work out. You’re playing the game, so you don’t get the chance to obtain a limited time item within the game? That makes no sense.

Toasty Oaty Winky Dinkies

The comparation makes no sense. I go to the store to get a new box of Toasty Oaty Winky Dinkies anyway because I ran out of Toasty Oaty Winky Dinkies. My Current GW2 account is not hacked, banned or anything so I don’t need a new account. Toasty Oaty Winky Dinkies are consumables, GW2 account is not.

Then if I still have Toasty Oaty Winky Dinkies in my old box and buy the new box just for the toy I can’t play with the toy unless I eat Toasty Oaty Winky Dinkies from the new box. I can’t just get the toy from the new box and keep eating from the old box.

Also the toy would be available for purchase separately from teh Toasty Oaty Winky Dinkies box, for a smaller price than buying the Toasty Oaty Winky Dinkies box with the toy. But in GW2 even if you want to BUY it for your current account, you can’t.

It’s just an example of how companies entice people to buy there product. If Anet Wants to give something away free in the game to new players to entice them to buy the game I’m not going to cry and say “I want the free stuff to I bought the game to” it doesn’t work that way. Sorry if you feel cheated its how the retail industry works. Companies do this all the time they give incentives to attract new customers.

Sharkinu (and myself) have been saying we want the ability to pay for the hat. We don’t want it for free. There’s a big difference. Companies don’t just block existing customers from getting things when holding promotions for new customers. My cable company has promotions for new customers (e.g. 2 months free for 100Mbps internet) all the time, but it doesn’t block me from upgrading my internet to 100Mbps if I’m willing to pay for the upgrade.

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

New players are not being denied their chance to get limited time items – they didn’t have the chance because they didn’t own the game/weren’t playing during the limited time the items were available in. You’re not playing the game, so of course you don’t get the chance to obtain a limited time item within the game.

This, however, doesn’t quite work out. You’re playing the game, so you don’t get the chance to obtain a limited time item within the game? That makes no sense.

Toasty Oaty Winky Dinkies

The comparation makes no sense. I go to the store to get a new box of Toasty Oaty Winky Dinkies anyway because I ran out of Toasty Oaty Winky Dinkies. My Current GW2 account is not hacked, banned or anything so I don’t need a new account. Toasty Oaty Winky Dinkies are consumables, GW2 account is not.

Then if I still have Toasty Oaty Winky Dinkies in my old box and buy the new box just for the toy I can’t play with the toy unless I eat Toasty Oaty Winky Dinkies from the new box. I can’t just get the toy from the new box and keep eating from the old box.

Also the toy would be available for purchase separately from teh Toasty Oaty Winky Dinkies box, for a smaller price than buying the Toasty Oaty Winky Dinkies box with the toy. But in GW2 even if you want to BUY it for your current account, you can’t.

It’s just an example of how companies entice people to buy there product. If Anet Wants to give something away free in the game to new players to entice them to buy the game I’m not going to cry and say “I want the free stuff to I bought the game to” it doesn’t work that way. Sorry if you feel cheated its how the retail industry works. Companies do this all the time they give incentives to attract new customers.

Sharkinu (and myself) have been saying we want the ability to pay for the hat. We don’t want it for free. There’s a big difference. Companies don’t just block existing customers from getting things when holding promotions for new customers. My cable company has promotions for new customers (e.g. 2 months free for 100Mbps internet) all the time, but it doesn’t block me from upgrading my internet to 100Mbps if I’m willing to pay for the upgrade.

That’s why companies use terms like limited time offer, promotional item, limited to first time buyers, and stuff like that. Get over it your not going to get it, its just a hat you can upgrade your account in the gem store and get all the same stuff for $20. I think it’s great that new players get one unique item for buying the game, if it draws more players into the game. The more player in the game the better the game will get.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Posted by: Sharkinu.8096

Sharkinu.8096

Get over it your not going to get it, its just a hat you can upgrade your account in the gem store and get all the same stuff for $20. I think it’s great that new players get one unique item for buying the game, if it draws more players into the game. The more player in the game the better the game will get.

I’m pretty sure the promotion doesn’t work with the 2000 gems upgrade. Is just for brand new accounts. And even if it works, I already have Digital Deluxe. so I can’t upgrade.

And tell me one digital promotion which left ot current customers. I’m not talking about lowering prices. Sales happen all the time. I have no problem with people waiting to save money.

Posted by: Sinsko.9342

Sinsko.9342

That’s why companies use terms like limited time offer, promotional item, limited to first time buyers, and stuff like that. Get over it your not going to get it, its just a hat you can upgrade your account in the gem store and get all the same stuff for $20. I think it’s great that new players get one unique item for buying the game, if it draws more players into the game. The more player in the game the better the game will get.

It’s just a hat… It’s just a hat…

Well guess who ArenaNet is alienating? The SAME people who buy virtual digital items like the Digital Deluxe Edition and all the items that we buy from the Gem Store…

It’s just a hat… It’s just a mini… It’s just a frivolous item that’s cosmetic so who cares?
Enough people that it would warrant 8 pages in a forum discussion about it.

You may think I’m over reacting with what’s coming… but it all starts with just one step… and the first step for GW2 is ‘just a hat’ because although we don’t know whats coming next… we KNOW that more of it will SURELY come.

So guess who’s not going to be dumping more money into the gem store?
Guess who is not going to recommend this product to more of their friends (who has brought in a group of 25 IRL friends to join my guild)?
Guess who feels like a sucker for going out of my way to vote up ArenaNet & GW2 on Game Of The Year on multiple sites?

This guy.

Case in point… it only takes one small move for a company to alienate an existing customer and make them feel cheated…
But turn the coin… and reward a player with a frivolous virtual item for having the DDE which NOW includes the exclusive Wizard Hat.. and you would think ANet to be a pretty stand-up sort of company.

At the end of the day, they’ll do what they want, and I’ll do what I want.
So keep your digital trash ArenaNet, I’ll keep my dollars.

Saints – Ranger / Vincent Nightmare – Thief

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

You guys need to think of it this way, you go to the grocery store and buy a box of Toasty Oaty Winky Dinkies, you take it home and for a week you eat your Toasty Oaty Winky Dinkies for breakfast. Then you run out of Toasty Oaty Winky Dinkies, so you return to the store to get another box of Toasty Oaty Winky Dinkies and you notice a free toy is inside the box of Toasty Oaty Winky Dinkies. Now are you going to go up to a clerk at the store and demand that he rip open a box of Toasty Oaty Winky Dinkies and give you a free toy because you already bought a box Toasty Oaty Winky Dinkies last week and didn’t get a free toy. No you will probably buy two boxes of Toasty Oaty Winky Dinkies. They put free crap in serial boxes to get you to buy more serial or to entice people to try their product. It’s the same way with computer games.

So what you’re saying is that if I buy another copy of the game with this promo, I can add this item to my current account?

Because if that’s what you’re suggesting, it is demonstrably false. A friend of mine just bought an account, and while helping him do so I checked if there was any option to apply this promo to an existing account, and there is none.

To correct your metaphor, I bought the ridiculous cereal last week, then went back to get a box with the free toy. But they said “No, you bought one last week. The free toy is only for people who have never bought it before.” And I said “can I buy just the toy without the cereal?”, and they said… nothing so far, which is being interpreted as “No.”

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

(edited by Melchior.2135)

Posted by: AcidPikachu.9763

AcidPikachu.9763

Having seen this done in other MMO’s (and seeing what it evolves into) I feel like letting ArenaNet pull a stunt like this so early on in the game is setting the stage for the rest of the game. Players need to stand up and make it known that we do not want to be part of a company that will rip off its current players for the sake of bringing in fresh meat. Exclusive items are part of what makes MMO’s fun to play and makes us push through content and spend money in the gem store. Rather than offer new players content that you’re then with-holding from loyal fans, why not give them some free gems or something? Giving out an exclusive item to players simply for deciding to pick up the game 5 months after release is a virtual slap in the face to dedicated players who made the decision to spend their own money on a DDE.

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

It’s a fooking hat, get over it.

My god…

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Special Promotions in GW1 later became available in their online store so perhaps that will happen.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: paelen.3821

paelen.3821

Assuming its clothing as well, town only. Too bad. The other items are buffs we already have save the mini and the hat. As a warrior I have the mistfire wolf as a skill. Just checked and it’s been disabled. LOL!

Posted by: Dra Keln.2015

Dra Keln.2015

What if they got an ascended ring? That’s be fine right? Heck everyone could be happy then cause then its still a virtual item, a benefit to new buyers, and attainable by those already playing.

80 ele
Yaks Bend

Posted by: Riel.2160

Riel.2160

end game of this game is all about kittening skins(and now about ascended) doesn’t matter that this is only town hat but it’s still skin so this should be available to everyone.

you can say that this is same as if wow was giving away end game best in slot items.
as wow focuses on stats and gw on skins ….

put it in gemstore for 200 gems but do not make it exclusive …

(edited by Riel.2160)

Posted by: Osculim.2983

Osculim.2983

hehe all this comotion for a hat common folks im sure most of us got the halloween hat looks pretty similar to me

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I would have liked for the hat to be given out to players who already have the Deluxe edition, but it’s not the end of the world. I would just urge ANet to consider putting up the Wizard Hat for individual sale sometime down the track (and to be honest? I think they will eventually), because there are some of us who would love to have it, and you’d only be losing potential sales by not doing so. I would love to have my Asura Ele running around wearing a floppy wizard’s hat. XD

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Ah well no real biggy.

However saying that we “got beta access” like it was a reward for buying the game I find a bit odd. Here I was thinking we were HELPING to test with the game so it would hopefully launch with as few bugs as possible. Guess I was wrong…

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Sharkinu.8096

It’s a fooking hat, get over it.

My god…

That’s irrelevant. If it was a mini would it be different?

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Why not turn this thread into a request to put it in the gem store?

“Nice Hat! Where did you get that?”
“I got this because I bought the game a little later than everyone else.”

Then again, we had halloween devil horns and the arenanet cap for free.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Draaky.2436

Draaky.2436

This is for new accounts.

Don’t forget, those who purchased previously had other opportunities: Beta access, Head-start access, digital items, the post-trial offer, event participation, etc. With each promotion there are different incentives.

And where grateful for that Gaile Gray.
But wath do we get for voting and thanks to that winning the game of the year competition for multi sites? Sorry to say it like this, like we did something and we want something for it. And keep up the good work.

Posted by: Draaky.2436

Draaky.2436

“Nice Hat! Where did you get that?”
“I got this because I bought the game a little later than everyone else.”

Then again, we had halloween devil horns and the arenanet cap for free.

isn’t it the same hat that we got for the mad king says event?

Posted by: Zorada.9457

Zorada.9457

Due to work commitments i couldnt buy the game and play before a few weeks ago, i have the same version of DD than you all do so does that mean i am entitled to all the goodies earlier players had. After all its not my fault i couldnt play before, i did after all want to.

I dont get the wiz hat either so i am more stuffed than the lot of you not having old content and new content. You know what though it life and you need to realise no one is snubbing you they are trying to get more players so you have a problem with this it seems.

Exclusive means just that and that means you cant have the hat and nor can i it also means i cant have the halloween stuff or the cap but of course in the screwed up logic people seem to have here i shouldnt get anything but you all should.

Man this place is getting like the wow forums which aint a good thing

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

Since when do COLLECTERS EDITION for 200.- has less ingame rewards than a NORMAL EDITION bought 3 months later for 50.-. It’s not about prices ect it’s just the fact that if ppl go for a COLLECTERS EDITION→ they wanna COLLECT EVERYTHING.. so they spend a bit more money on it than others… they feel betrayed for the sake of having bought the COLLECTERS EDITION and having less ingame rewards than a NORMAL EDITION bit later…

it’s not about the promo or if I care about the hat or not it’s about the principel that those who have bought collecters edition including me did it to support Anet. It be no Problem to give the heads away to ppl who have CE it woulnd’t cost em a penny.

I don’t get why you don’t want the supporter of you to have those items as we’ll because actually it doesn’t matter for those who buy the game now. They will have the hat and their rewards..

Besides it’s a kind of making up for making mini Rytlock less special because you give em out to every buyer of the NORMAL EDITION atm witch makes our UNIQUE RYTLOCK ( you stated when you gave out the DD and CE that this is a UNIQUE MINIPET to those editions) less unique because you give em out more now!

So give us the hat just for the sake of your broken promiss.

first scale 81 fractals

Sharkinu.8096

Exacly what most people want. If there is a limited time exclusive item should be accessible for everyone, including old customers. Old customers should have a chance at that hat, be it free or not, but right now even if you want to pay for the hat you can’t.

You want to make it exclusive? Then remove it from the in-game store when the promotion is over so it stays exclusive after that.

Posted by: Gord.8654

Gord.8654

You mean to tell me because we didn’t wait to buy a product since we were anticipating it and wanted to show how much we wanted it; means we get less stuff than someone who wasn’t buying the product until it got cheaper?
Yikes, I better wait a few months after ANet releases But seriously, If this is only for those buying it now then that’s hilariously depressing; I will definitely have to reconsider buying things on launch and waiting until they start passing out exclusive items to spite those morons who bought to soon.
So much for trying to get every item, teaches me to be a moron.

I think that is the real issue here! I also waited up til 3am my time to get my digi deluxe version on April 10th and yes I got to play in all 3 BWE’s and stress tests. Anet still gave out a ton of keys to people who didn’t pre purchase. I pre purchased to support the game which has been out for only 3 months and the digi deluxe is already being given away for free? I paid 20 bucks for it which is 1600 gems which right now would get me around 28 gold which translates to about 14 hours of farming mobs give or take. Maybe to some it is a funny little hat but to me it is a slap in the face. I really don’t care what people think or say about this post this is my opinion and maybe alot of others who also pre purchased.

To be clear I am not “owed” anything… and I won’t quit but I certainly will be more careful how I spend money in this game

Host of SOTD Podcast www.sotdpodcastblog.wordpress.com

Posted by: dirtyoldgoat.5496

dirtyoldgoat.5496

This thread is but a small example of what is wrong with many of todays MMO customers and the idea that if a lot of people talk about something in the forums then that group of vocal complaints must be right.

It is just a little bit ridiculous especially if you consider that many of the posters like myself are actually adults.

Fallendruid, White Lighter, The Native Sun
PINK is the new Black
Tarnished Coast (via Tyranny)

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

I’m pretty sure they will simply give that stupid hat to everyone so all this QQ can stop.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Everyone is whining so much. It’s a business strategy to get more players. Don’t we all want that anyway? It’s a friggin hat you’ll wear for 10 mins and then forget about because NOBODY WEARS TOWNCLOTHES. Everyone feels so entitled, like Anet owes you something in addition to the game they provide for your 1-time monetary contribution. I bought the regular ed, and get a little jealous everytime I hit H and see that Summon Mistfire is greyed out. But I don’t think Anet owes it to me to give me a handout cuz “I want it and others have it and we all have to be the same!” Get a tissue.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Zorada.9457

This thread is but a small example of what is wrong with many of todays MMO customers and the idea that if a lot of people talk about something in the forums then that group of vocal complaints must be right.

It is just a little bit ridiculous especially if you consider that many of the posters like myself are actually adults.

Almost right

Customers think they have entitlement to everything cause they spent x amount of time in the game or they cant spend x amount of time in the game. They have entitlement cause they bought it on release day or they bought it late.

Im hardcore i should be the only one to have ……. i cannot spend all the time in game as i work i demand …….

This hat thing is no different its just an example of the gotta have everything but sod anyone else getting it, i want it all. You bought the game as it stood end of story and so what if something else is given at a later time you are not entitled in any way shape or form to have it for free or paid for because it came after you purchased.

Adults in age only is all i can say, there has been a growing number of these people over the years and i blame Blizzard for ebing the ones to cave in time and time again to pathetic people moaning all the time. All its done is breed a whole faction of the game community that whines and moans about everythign in the hope that if enough of them whine then they get everything for nothing. Wow was messed up by these people and now the game is a shell of its former self dont let this happen here.

Anet need to stand by their guns on this one and ignore the whiners and go ahead and make loads of offers to attract new players. If the old ones dont like it they can leave but in facct they wont not over a silly hat. They are here because they like the game and if anyone was to leave over a hat then i would be very suprised anyone could be that childish. They can say all they like they wont buy the next game but they will no matter how hard they moan and say they wont.

Time for reality check and an adult check on the forums, the game may not be a wow clone but the forums sure as hell are

(edited by Zorada.9457)

Posted by: Sals.9534

Sals.9534

It is what is happening all over society thanks to instant communication we have today. Everyone has an opinion and everyone thinks they are entitled to have that opinion, regardless how crazy it sounds. If you tell yourself something enough you will start to believe you are right.

One person comes up with a crazy idea, others say, Hey! YA I feel dissatisfied to. Lets go protest on the forums. Then 100 pages later they finally get there way. Then the viscous cycle of mass madness continues.

It is rather sad that this topic has gained so much attention. All it does is so others that they too can get there way by QQ till it happens.

It’s a hat let it go! 100 years ago the worry of the day would be where is our next meal coming from. Now it’s about a virtual hat.

Thanks Internet!

Colegate / Selos Song Kaineng-DE Guild

Sharkinu.8096

I bought the regular ed, and get a little jealous everytime I hit H and see that Summon Mistfire is greyed out. But I don’t think Anet owes it to me to give me a handout cuz “I want it and others have it and we all have to be the same!” Get a tissue.

If you want that Mistfire Wolf Elite you can get it for 2000 gems. As an old customer I don’t have an option to get the hat. Yes, even if I have the gems and want to pay for the wizard hat I cannot get it because I’m an old customer. See the difference?

Gord.8654

Did you pre purchase?

Posted by: Rodaquiste.7631

Rodaquiste.7631

im ok with this if anet puts the item on Gem store say 2 months after this

dirtyoldgoat.5496

Did you pre purchase?

Yes I did.

PINK is the new Black

Zorada.9457

Did you pre purchase?

Yes I did.

Cant wait for the response now this should be good

Posted by: Sals.9534

Sals.9534

Did you pre purchase?

Yes I did.

haha Was thinking the same thing.

Colegate / Selos Song Kaineng-DE Guild

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

I see no problem with the item being exclusive to the current buyers. Those that bought stuff earlier still have access to exclusives that newer players won’t get – anet hats, mad king book, witch hat (which i doubt will be returning next year), horns, etc.

This.
I can in a way understand that it is annoying that there is an item which is unique but which you can’t reach without buying the game again, but then again you got some unique and special stuff already and something is simply not unique or limited when everyone can get it too. It just does not seem fair to me blaming the company for this.

dirtyoldgoat.5496

Did you pre purchase?

Yes I did.

haha Was thinking the same thing.

Yeah i was not sure about the relevance of the question …. but i did not want to prejudge.

PINK is the new Black

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

It is just pure selfishness is what it is.

These old players have tons of stuff that new players will never get. And that is perfectly okay for them. But once new players get something they can’t get, that is when it is not okay. It’s selfish.

It’s okay for them to have stuff that new players cannot have, yet when new players get something they can’t have, they throw a fit. Selfishness and greed at its finest folks.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Ignoring everyone’s opinions one way or the other, I’d rather address strategy for an online game.

There are certain things that always stir up certain kinds of players. It’s a good idea to look and see what those things are, and even if you aren’t that kind of personality yourself, if you are a game developer, take into consideration the buttons that when pushed cause explosions. In the case of “collectors” the button is something to collect that they can’t get. These guys are the ones that buy collectors editions (deluxe, whatever you want to call it) and go above and beyond to get “stuff”. When they feel they are “unfairly” thwarted, they get frustrated with the game.

It’s pretty easy to avoid ticking these guys off. Just have a way for them to get the item through some mechanism. Heck some of the guys in this thread were willing to buy another deluxe edition to get the item.

By the way, I don’t want the hat. Unless they get a hat npc in game, I’m tired of town hats. They take up space and I don’t hang out in town just to show of town clothes.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

(edited by Katz.5143)

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

It is just pure selfishness is what it is.

These old players have tons of stuff that new players will never get. And that is perfectly okay for them. But once new players get something they can’t get, that is when it is not okay. It’s selfish.

It’s okay for them to have stuff that new players cannot have, yet when new players get something they can’t have, they throw a fit. Selfishness and greed at its finest folks.

What I find funny is some of the people I see in here complaining about not getting the hat, are the same people that defended Arenanet when people were complaining about the last Event being exclusive to Prime time only. They literally told people to get over it if you missed the event because one cannot play during the prime time. So with these people, if it doesn’t effect themselves all is ok, be damned if it effect other people, but as soon as it effect themselves then it is wrong.

Gord.8654

Did you pre purchase?

Yes I did.

Oh snap you got me!! No but really my point, as I thought I made clear in my op is that as a pre purchaser I feel jaded that the digi deluxe version is free after 3 months. I am not “owed” anything but I will be more careful with my purchases. I asked you the question because I was curious. I don’t want to add to the drama but I feel it is a valid point.

(edited by Gord.8654)

Sharkinu.8096

They literally told people to get over it if you missed the event because one cannot play during the prime time.

There is a difference in being allowed to play, but not having the time and wanting to get the hat, but being told that I’m not allowed.

If you want to make an analogy that would be anet telling to those who can’t play during the prime time that the wont even be allowed to play even if they change their schedule. “Hey, ANet, the event starts at 4 AM for me, but I’m going to sleep early and wake up at 4 AM for event.” and ANet would say “Sorry, you can’t. We locked your account between 3AM and 8 AM. We wont let you get the karka chest.”

That’s what ANet is dong right now. I want to be able to buy the hat for 200 gems. Sorry we don’t want your gems.

Just put the hat in store for 200 gems and to keep it exclusive, remove it from store when the promotion ends and everyone would be happy.

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

Can’t help but wonder how many of those complaining about the wizard hat promo has this sitting in their inventory…

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

Posted by: dakotahkid.2685

dakotahkid.2685

You people are so silly. its a in game hat, gives no stat advantages. The people who were at that game convention got a GW2 in game t shirt. people who purchased before sept 1st got a gw2 ball cap… so you got something no one else has, why shouldn’t the people who buy now get something you dont have?

Dakota Shadowstrike
CoE

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

Free Sunrise should suffice.

AmateurNet

Sharkinu.8096

Can’t help but wonder how many of those complaining about the wizard hat promo has this sitting in their inventory…

That’s the point. You get in the game early to get the exclusive items. Those are the people who pay for collector’s edition and digital deluxe, those are the people who pay for limited time costumes and hats(like halloween costumes). I’m not asking to make the baseball cap available again just like I’m not asking to make the wizard hat available for people who will buy the game after Jan 7th.

Did Anet made the Baseball Cap is only available for people who bought the game in the first week and unavailable at all for those who prepuchased? No.

Posted by: Yukishiro.8792

Yukishiro.8792

It’s a bit of a joke this item is only available to new purchasers. It makes essentially zero sense from a long-term business perspective. Which presents the troubling possibility that anet has already decided to write off the long-term prospects for the game and is therefore prioritizing short-term gains over long-term health.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

So why is the problem just boiling in this thread? The website misdirected buyers and the content announced wasn’t unlocked upon purchase (same thing for me). Every discussion about the actual value of the content is irrelevant.

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

That’s the point. You get in the game early to get the exclusive items. Those are the people who pay for collector’s edition and digital deluxe, those are the people who pay for limited time costumes and hats(like halloween costumes). I’m not asking to make the baseball cap available again just like I’m not asking to make the wizard hat available for people who will buy the game after Jan 7th.

Did Anet made the Baseball Cap is only available for people who bought the game in the first week and unavailable at all for those who prepuchased? No.

My point is that a promo item is a promo item. Only those who meet the requirements for said promo item will receive said promo item. I have the very limited edition GW2 in-game t-shirt because I was able to attend the launch party. Those who were able to make it to certain conventions also received that particular in-game item. Is that promo also a “slap in the face” to dedicated fans who spent money on the game, but could not attend those events?

So they’re giving out a little somethin’ somethin’ that gives no stat benefit to new players who do not have all of the advantages that we longer-term players have (level 80 characters, more coin, exclusive items that they did not have access to because they weren’t playing then, etc) as part of their Holiday sale. I honestly have no zero with this, especially if it helps get more players into this awesome game.

This Pokemon “gotta catch ’em all” mentality really does cause you guys more stress than it’s worth.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

Sharkinu.8096

Those who were able to make it to certain conventions also received that particular in-game item. Is that promo also a “slap in the face” to dedicated fans who spent money on the game, but could not attend those events?

I’m here right now, I’m playing the game, I have clean account, not hacked, not banned. I have time to play and can get gems too. I want the hat. What makes me “not able to attend”?

There is a difference in having the option to atttend to an event, but not being able to attend and being able to attend, but locked out of that event completely.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Those who were able to make it to certain conventions also received that particular in-game item. Is that promo also a “slap in the face” to dedicated fans who spent money on the game, but could not attend those events?

I’m here right now, I’m playing the game, I have clean account, not hacked, not banned. I have time to play and can get gems too. I want the hat. What makes me “not able to attend”?

There is a difference in having the option to atttend to an event, but not being able to attend and being able to attend, but locked out of that event completely.

Would you be happy if Anet took away all of your exclusive items that new players couldn’t get, and give you the Wizard Hat instead? It would be fair then right?

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]