Do people still play?

Do people still play?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bhargo.5306

Bhargo.5306

Honest question here, but does anyone still play this? I just reinstalled after a year of being gone, and the first thing I’ve noticed is how barren the game is. Chat is completely empty, I never see anyone talking. On average I see one other person every hour or so. Events are impossible to complete because it’s solo on everything. I go to Vigils Keep at peak hours and only see 10 or so people wandering around. WvW is completely empty, I never see a soul.

Where is everyone? Where did the playerbase go? Used to be you couldn’t solo if you wanted to, people were everywhere and would jump in if they saw you fighting a champ. What happened?

Do people still play?

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Not sure if troll… with megaserver you shouldn’t ever find a map that’s empty anymore.

Do people still play?

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Unless the OP is in Lion’s Arch ruins?

Do people still play?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Maybe he is landing in a new and empty shard.

OP, here is information about the Megaservers if you don’t know about them.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-megaserver-system/
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-megaserver-system-world-bosses-and-events/

If you are on a shard with no people, try this. Type /IP in the chat box, that will give you the identification number of that shard. Then guest to another server, it doesn’t matter which. Type /IP again. If the same, guest again until you get a different number. Then see if people are around.

Do people still play?

Posted by: Rynn.1324

Rynn.1324

As indicated above….the worlds should be now more active than when you left, since everyone is being shuffled into the megaservers.

[Tarnished Coast] Lizzibeth Huffles, Asuran Genius (Engineer) at Play

Do people still play?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

This can’t be real. If chat is completely empty, why would anyone expect Vigil’s Keep to be populated?

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Do people still play?

Astral Projections.7320

This can’t be real.

One has to wonder if, (I feel a song coming on)
Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?

Do people still play?

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

Troll obviously, I never get any peace wherever I go. It’s usually local mornings that the game is a little deserted, but that’s only expectable.

Do people still play?

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

What a terrible liar. He hasn’t played in a year yet somehow knows that Vigil Keep is the new hub.

Attachments:

Do people still play?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

This can’t be real.

One has to wonder if, (I feel a song coming on)
Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?

Lol, I thought about writing that….that song has been in my head since the other thread!

Do people still play?

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

I believe this post is an example of why exactly we got the overcrowded megaservered multilingual scheduled zergs so many of us hate:

people never logging in or playing but constantly complaining on the forums about how “the game is dead”.

20 level 80s and counting.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

Do people still play?

Astral Projections.7320

From a February 11, 2013 post by OP in this thread

“Hell, by the looks of it, most of the playerbase has quit, even during peak hours Lions Arch is a ghost town. I’m level 70, and I haven’t done a single dungeon simply because there is never anyone to run them with, and without a LFG system, I end up standing around town spamming chat for hours and then logging off without getting anything done”.

So, I guess things haven’t changed for him.

Edit: the game now has a LFG tool ingame OP. Its on the Contacts panel ( the Y key). http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Looking_For_Group The dungeons fill up very fast and there is a constant stream of them. Much better than spamming LFG in LA.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Do people still play?

Posted by: Moderator.6840

Moderator.6840

Hi everyone,

Since this thread doesn’t offer a constructive discussion, we’ll now close it.

Thank you for your understanding.