Do racial skills go away?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Brycar.2651

Brycar.2651

I didn’t see a mention of racial skill specialization. While they are weak I think they are fun to use for role play on low level characters.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

God I hope yes, implementing that junk was a bad idea fro mthe very begin on …

Instead wastign ressources on racial skills, Anet should have given instead of those 4 racial skills every class just 4 more useful utility skills

And now with the Revenant comign to the game, we will see a class, that has on its own no space for utility/racial skills, because the legendaries will always change out completely the whole right side of your skill bar completely.

SO what does it make for any sense to keep that crapyp thought out system of those racial skills, when theres a new playable class, that won’t be able to use any of them cause of its whole own class gameplay design???

Racial Skills should get completely redesigned into RACIAL TRAITS if at all

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Jermoe Morrow.9501

Jermoe Morrow.9501

Instead wastign ressources on racial skills, Anet should have given instead of those 4 racial skills every class just 4 more useful utility skills

And now with the Revenant comign to the game, we will see a class, that has on its own no space for utility/racial skills, because the legendaries will always change out completely the whole right side of your skill bar completely.

SO what does it make for any sense to keep that crapyp thought out system of those racial skills, when theres a new playable class, that won’t be able to use any of them cause of its whole own class gameplay design???

Racial skills are fun. They were never meant to be op meta skills, just something fun to play with, and they are some of my favorite skills. I get a special joy watching the prayer to Dwayna animation as I heal my human guardian, or turning my Norn into a giant raven. Sure, i’m not using them in a dungeon speed run, but in open world pve I use them all the time.

If anything, Revenant is a mistake from the very beginning if it is really a class with no meaningful customization in a game about customization. I know many people use cookie cutter builds, but this is ridiculous.

Also, racial traits are stupid. What is the point of having racial abilities if nobody sees them.

80s(name-race/class):Jermoe Morrow(main) – H/Ra
Blue Dorito-S/Re|Transitor-S/En |Tina Feyspirit-N/M|
Bmoe-A/T|Peter Whatsherface-H/G|Acolyte Rin-H/N

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Racial skills would be fun if they were actually useful. Most aren’t compared to the class skills. They could always redesign them as class skills in some manner if they really don’t want racial advantages.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I think I used them…. well… ehmmmm…. NEVER…!

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Racial skills would be fun if they were actually useful. Most aren’t compared to the class skills. They could always redesign them as class skills in some manner if they really don’t want racial advantages.

I wish they would work with actual traits. I’m fond of most of the Charr racials, and I’ve used Shrapnel Mine a ton while I was leveling. But, since they have no synergy, they fall out of use by endgame.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

only useful racial skill – norn bear, for getting thru the hot room in fractals

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Racial skills are fun. They were never meant to be op meta skills, just something fun to play with, and they are some of my favorite skills. I get a special joy watching the prayer to Dwayna animation as I heal my human guardian, or turning my Norn into a giant raven. Sure, i’m not using them in a dungeon speed run, but in open world pve I use them all the time.

If anything, Revenant is a mistake from the very beginning if it is really a class with no meaningful customization in a game about customization. I know many people use cookie cutter builds, but this is ridiculous.

Also, racial traits are stupid. What is the point of having racial abilities if nobody sees them.

This is not, “a game about customization.”

Posted by: Ari.2794

Ari.2794

I use the racial healing skill on my Sylvari Ele almost all of the time because it heals more than all of the Ele healing skills. That’s the only one I really use.

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

It’ll make sense to have all these racial skills unlocked by default, as ‘basic’ abilities your character can have before they go on to learn the special abilities of their class.