Do something about Dreamer Sound

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Altone Argith.5129

Altone Argith.5129

Please give us the option to turn off Legendary weapon sounds or weapon sounds in general. The Dreamer gets really old listening to it for hrs upon hrs. Only option we have is turning off all sounds.

After awhile the Neigh Neigh Neigh in your ear while grouping with friends that have it makes it where I wanna avoid friends with that kitten Bow.

I’m sure the other weapon sounds are just as obnoxious.

Posted by: Tahm.8290

Tahm.8290

You can have an option to turn off the sound right after I get my combat effects slider.

~Basil Starshower~
~Worst Tempest NA~
~Skritt Kings~

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Odd. I keep seeing people complain about the sound the Dreamer makes, but ever since Heart of Thorns came out, my game (even after doing client fixes) plays the regular bow shot, regardless of who is firing it.

=/

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Posted by: zeus.9634

zeus.9634

whoot, thats the best thing of the dreamer. i love to annoy other peoples with rainbowponies and that awesome pew pew pew sound. everyone hates it when im showing up and directly starts moaning, its great :D

Mariskah 80 Ranger
Lords of England Officer
Far Shiverpeaks

Posted by: xiiliea.9356

xiiliea.9356

When I was new I was wondering why there were so many horse sounds.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Nerf Dreamer, plzkthx.
Put an internal cooldown on that godsawful noise. Once every 5-10 seconds would be fine.

Dreamer’s cute ’n all, but shortbow skills are all very low iteration, which means a whinny every 3/4 sec. Not well thought out.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

whoot, thats the best thing of the dreamer. i love to annoy other peoples with rainbowponies and that awesome pew pew pew sound. everyone hates it when im showing up and directly starts moaning, its great

Thanks for your post.
Dev this is exactly why this option should appear.
Because this bow sound is so obnoxious some players use it to irritate others & others respond not so nicely.

A vicious loop is born

(edited by papry.8096)

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Does the owner of the weapon hear the sounds too?

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

Yes they do.
Funny thing : once I asked a dreamer owner if he didn’t find the sound irritating.
His answer : “I turned the game sound down, can’t hear it.”

(edited by papry.8096)

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I think that would drive me proper nuts. I’d be like a dog running away from my own tail.

Posted by: zeus.9634

zeus.9634

Yes they do.
Funny thing : once I asked a dreamer owner if he didn’t find the sound irritating.
His answer : “I turned the game sound down, can’t hear it.”

jup thats how it is, im playing without sound too most the times, or its so low that i cant hear my dreamer enough to get annoyed of it ;)

Mariskah 80 Ranger
Lords of England Officer
Far Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Blaquesugar.5967

Blaquesugar.5967

For the love of all that is Holy give us some control over these Weapon & Mini sounds other than muting Effects Volume.

Dreamer is more like Nightmare where the same kitten song plays over and over and over. Maybe someone should hack into Anets PA System at their home office and play Dreamer through the speakers for 8 hrs and see who jumps out a window first

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

I must be the only one but I never had a problem with sound. I don’t know why but even with all songs options on, I don’t hear anything irritating.

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Still glad I decided to make Kudzu instead.
At least the birds are pretty chill.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

Odd. I keep seeing people complain about the sound the Dreamer makes, but ever since Heart of Thorns came out, my game (even after doing client fixes) plays the regular bow shot, regardless of who is firing it.

=/

Nevermind, I’m not the only one, apparently.

Posted by: Altone Argith.5129

Altone Argith.5129

I’m really hoping they add the ability to mute these weapon sounds. I mean they could make a slider that mutes all other player sounds. Nevermore and Hope I guess make annoying sounds as well with each skill

Think of it rather than having only a Player Instrument Volume Slider but having a
Other Players Volume Slider that would raise or lower the sound for other players instruments, Mini’s, Weapon Sounds, Spell Sounds and Skill Sounds.

I’m almost tempted to make a Dreamer just to hunt down Anet Castles and let them bask in the glorious sounds of Dreamer, Nevermore and Quip.

Posted by: Baconomics.8674

Baconomics.8674

Just wait till you’ve had someone follow you around spamming the highest note on the wintersday choir bell…

…I’ll be seeing you soon

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Does Kudzu have a sound?

I play with my sound so low, I’ve not noticed if this one does, but I have definitely heard The Dreamer and it drives me nuts.

I just made a ranger, and though I’ve never really wanted a legendary before (most are so visually loud to me, this one looks very appealing and ’druid’ish), I am thinking about Kudzu.. but only if it isn’t nails on a chalk board annoying.

Edit- just saw what Zalani posted. So, just birds? But no nerve grating birds, I hope.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

(edited by Siobhan.5273)

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

I’m really hoping they add the ability to mute these weapon sounds. I mean they could make a slider that mutes all other player sounds. Nevermore and Hope I guess make annoying sounds as well with each skill

Think of it rather than having only a Player Instrument Volume Slider but having a
Other Players Volume Slider that would raise or lower the sound for other players instruments, Mini’s, Weapon Sounds, Spell Sounds and Skill Sounds.

I’m almost tempted to make a Dreamer just to hunt down Anet Castles and let them bask in the glorious sounds of Dreamer, Nevermore and Quip.

hahaha! That would be hilarious!

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

whoot, thats the best thing of the dreamer. i love to annoy other peoples with rainbowponies and that awesome pew pew pew sound. everyone hates it when im showing up and directly starts moaning, its great

Thanks for your post.
Dev this is exactly why this option should appear.
Because this bow sound is so obnoxious some players use it to irritate others & others respond not so nicely.

A vicious loop is born

I rarely spend time with anyone using The Dreamer (as a matter of chance, not as a specific choice,) so I find it more funny than annoying. This post, however, makes me rethink whether it’s worth the annoyance it does cause.

I hate it when sounds, animations, etc. get changed in any significant way, but in this case…

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I prefer the old sound Dreamer had. It was less about ponies, and more about glowing magic flying to air. New one is ok, though the pony voice is a bit of a high tune, making it annoying for long while (a bit more adult ‘pony voice’ would fix that).

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Zalani.9827

aggressive neighing intensifies

Dragonbrand

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Dreamer is more like Nightmare where the same kitten song plays over and over and over. Maybe someone should hack into Anets PA System at their home office and play Dreamer through the speakers for 8 hrs and see who jumps out a window first

There’s a lot of things that the devs could use a dose of their own design for.

Like running by their cubicle every three seconds and knocking them over. :P

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Zalani.9827

Does Kudzu have a sound?

I play with my sound so low, I’ve not noticed if this one does, but I have definitely heard The Dreamer and it drives me nuts.

I just made a ranger, and though I’ve never really wanted a legendary before (most are so visually loud to me, this one looks very appealing and ’druid’ish), I am thinking about Kudzu.. but only if it isn’t nails on a chalk board annoying.

Edit- just saw what Zalani posted. So, just birds? But no nerve grating birds, I hope.

Sorry didn’t see this till now. But yeah, whenever you shoot and sometimes while your idling with the weapon drawn you can hear birds.
There not nearly as bad as Dreamer and I like them personally. But it really depends on the person so you can prob find a youtube vid of Kudzu effects if you want.

Dragonbrand