Do the staff of Anet play gw2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Whatever they play, it’s not Ranger.

A group of Anet devs were doing the Shadow Behemoth event this afternoon. There was at least one ranger in the group. It looked like everyone was enjoying themselves!

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

A group of Anet devs were doing the Shadow Behemoth event this afternoon. There was at least one ranger in the group. It looked like everyone was enjoying themselves!

I though Gaile mained a ranger?

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Previous

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

I play a charr guardian and I always play incognito on my private account. I enjoy exploration and WvW. I play on NA servers because that is where my (non-ArenaNet) guilds are located and playing on NA servers is better suited to my time zone and physical location.

I have a different account I use for work, and that one is almost always tagged up with the ArenaNet guild name on it. That work account uses a low-level charr character, not my aforementioned main, which is also pictured below.

Attachments:

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

I play a charr guardian and I always play incognito on my private account.

Nice armor, and Wings.
Speaking of Wings, as well as being marketing leader, do you know when they plan on bringing them wings back? Or the SAB Boom boxes, the Wizard Hat (The list could go onnnn). :P

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

Posted by: Tears.5627

Tears.5627

I play a charr guardian and I always play incognito on my private account. I enjoy exploration and WvW. I play on NA servers because that is where my (non-ArenaNet) guilds are located and playing on NA servers is better suited to my time zone and physical location.

I have a different account I use for work, and that one is almost always tagged up with the ArenaNet guild name on it. That work account uses a low-level charr character, not my aforementioned main, which is also pictured below.

Nice Wings

Attachments:

Running Axe on Necro since April 27th, 2012 (Before it was cool)

Posted by: Centurion.7296

Centurion.7296

Well what I’d like to know from the devs are, why do you hate us like really, just why? ;_; Just give us the kitten bonny ears! Cat ears would also be cool or dog ears as well as, can I dual one of you?

Posted by: Prototypemind.4026

Prototypemind.4026

Gaile—I assume she’s the only Gaile who regularly posts here—was in a SW train that I was with last week. They’re definitely out and about.

Posted by: Stephanie Bourguet

Previous

Stephanie Bourguet

Next

I play on both my official and personal accounts. You can spot me from time to time playing with my official account on FR servers. That being said, I tend to spend more time playing on my personal one because I happen to be guild mistress (I believe you know how much commitment being GM requires).

Attachments:

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Nice to see some screenies of Anet personal characters. I find GW2 has one of, if not the most varied communities for social gear in an mmo. Its always nice to see how the creators and developers present their toons. Ive seen some very nice combinations.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

With all the nice staff posting pictures, I feel kind of bad wanting to make this into a trait agenda post. But I’ll behave instead.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

They probably do, but in nice little private PVE groups, where they are “allowed” to play ranged and not forced to permastack and melee.

It’s probably a lot of fun.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

They probably do, but in nice little private PVE groups, where they are “allowed” to play ranged and not forced to permastack and melee.

You have the power to do that too by creating your own nice little private PVE group.

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

You have the power to do that too by creating your own nice little private PVE group.

I guess I have the power, but unfortunately not the inclination.

My point was really that you simply won’t learn a lot about how the group elements of this game and its various classes etc. feel in them, to newer players, without running a lot of PUGs (that others have made).

As most new players probably don’t make their own groups.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

As others have noticed, I play—every day—on my personal account. My goal is to get Dreamer, so I’m farming my little heart out.

Each ArenaNet staff member has a personal play account. This may be a new account created upon joining the team, or a previous account that the team member had before s/he joined the firm. Some team members also have a separate account for official business, such as forum posting. (That’s the one I’m using right now.) A few of us have a third account for playing, but we use that account in such a way that we do not impact the game economy in any way. (This is super helpful for player events, and the “no economic impact” makes it clear we can’t come to an event and hand out precursors. )

I think it’s safe to say that we all love the game!

Attachments:

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: Crell.6401

Crell.6401

No Arenanet employees have bought multiple play accounts for the purpose like players do of additional daily cooldowns? Interesting.

(For me this would fall under ‘economic impact’).

Unless you mean the 3rd account above for events is a work sponsored one. Surely I can’t imagine they’d have a problem with employees having multiple purchased accounts.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Oh no, we can have additional account if we wish. No prohibition against that. I had 11 accounts in the original Guild Wars.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I had 11 accounts in the original Guild Wars.

Slacker! ;-)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: ardasica.4531

ardasica.4531

The one ANet dev I have spotted in PvE was in Ascalon. As soon as I spotted them, I got kicked from the game.
I was like “Oh cool, it’s an ANet person” and then BAM! I had to reload.

That wasn’t very nice Dev Charr Person. Just sayin’.

SF
OTR

Posted by: girien.1209

girien.1209

As others have noticed, I play—every day—on my personal account. My goal is to get Dreamer, so I’m farming my little heart out.

Each ArenaNet staff member has a personal play account. This may be a new account created upon joining the team, or a previous account that the team member had before s/he joined the firm. Some team members also have a separate account for official business, such as forum posting. (That’s the one I’m using right now.) A few of us have a third account for playing, but we use that account in such a way that we do not impact the game economy in any way. (This is super helpful for player events, and the “no economic impact” makes it clear we can’t come to an event and hand out precursors. )

Hmmm that frog… I remember some frog like this in GW1 Lions arch….

Main: Thief
Alter: Thief, Thief, Thief, Thief, and… Wait for it… Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Nowonder you liked my Dapper Frog pic. :o

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

Yep you see them usually hanging out around hotm or sometimes in a remote part of LA. On rare occasions in open world usually some area that’s devoid of people. I’ve got like 20 in my friends list since launch.

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

I noticed that none of you are wearing Luminescent armor ..

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

Steph here, have some more sugar xD You can be glad this isnt real life – id rifle butt you from behind and take you home and hang you on the wall in a pink, nay blue heart frame.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

Posted by: werchiel.3856

werchiel.3856

Hmmm that frog… I remember some frog like this in GW1 Lions arch….

Yep – that was Gaile, answering our questions and constantly going AFK to consult the devs Retired from the “frog post” back in 2008 I believe.

Posted by: Akatosh.7621

Akatosh.7621

You’ll see MANY more devs/anet employees in NA servers than EU. Almost 2 years of EU servers and never saw one, one of the first characters I saw in NA was an Anet employee

Posted by: l Aurora l.3902

l Aurora l.3902

We love not only the game but you guys too! ^^

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I remember some anet players running around in WvW, unsure which server it was but i can tell ya, they got ganked hard lol.

That was a terrible engi against our server on EB though