Do you feel accomplished reaching lvl 80?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Alerax.2718

Alerax.2718

Just want to ask the community this question.

I’ve been running around the world with my lvl 80 elem for quite some time now (and it was really fun getting to lvl 80 mind you). However, I don’t seem to feel like I’m a lvl 80 at all. I understand that we are supposed to scale down to lvl of the area, but it really raised the question… why do I have to be a level 80?

Then, when I switch to my alt (mesmer/ranger/thief/eng), I just find it really hard to push myself to get to lvl 80 unlike my first character. I ended up just not caring too much about my level since full pvp content is given at lvl 1, and I already have a lvl 80 to do whatever other events for fun.

So am I missing something?

(I guess…. sometimes I wish I can go back to the starting area and be like “Look guys! I’m a lvl 80, let me help you all!” but I end up “oh shoot… oh shoot… don’t die my little squishy elem…. help please…. .anyone?”) ><!!!

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

Even though you are scaled down at 80, when you go to a lower level starting zone you are stronger than you were the first time around. I definitely notice the difference. I can’t fend off 10 monsters but I can go toe to toe with 4 of them. When I was low level that would have killed me off. I am a Ranger.

Alerax.2718

I just wish lvl 80 gets something that distinguishes them significantly.

(and I guess we’re back to end game content discussion…)

Posted by: Shootsfoot.9276

Shootsfoot.9276

I don’t see how going to a low-end area and one-shotting everything in sight feels as if you’ve “accomplished” something.

I also don’t get how anybody says there’s anything to do once you hit level 80. I just hit it yesterday and I’ve still got a boatload of things to do.

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

I think it is already pretty significant. Traits specifically.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

Posted by: RoseRIP.8502

RoseRIP.8502

Leveling is easy so reaching level 80 doesn’t feel special. However, obtaining a legendary weapon which is one of our achievements would make one feel special and that’s the route I’m taking instead of making alternate characters.

Posted by: BloodWorth.1978

BloodWorth.1978

My highest level character is 51. Once i realized how pointless the pve content was I just stopped leveling him. Now I own a bunch of lvl 2 characters for pvp.

Posted by: Freakiie.8940

Freakiie.8940

Leveling is easy so reaching level 80 doesn’t feel special. However, obtaining a legendary weapon which is one of our achievements would make one feel special and that’s the route I’m taking instead of making alternate characters.

This is the way I feel as well. I did my last levels by simply going to LA and levelling my Jeweller. I had no intent on lvling to 80 that way, but I simply took my ore I had farmed in Orr, turned em into ingots and voila 80. When you do multiple lvls in a few minutes it’s hard to feel any kind of accomplishment.

Alerax.2718

Oh no, I don’t want to 1 shot things and I’m not saying I have nothing to do. However I’m just wondering if the scaling down of level is a bit too much, since (I believe) we are scaled to down the area lvl + 1. What if instead, we’re scaled down to area lvl + 5 instead?

Shootsfoot.9276

You’re already better-equipped in that area than a person who is actually the level of that area. You definitely kill mobs faster. 4 levels higher is way too much, in my opinion.

Alerax.2718

I guess I’m not the only one not feeling “accomplished” with hitting lvl 80.

I love this game, but I’m also really afraid that this might make me play less.

Alerax.2718

My highest level character is 51. Once i realized how pointless the pve content was I just stopped leveling him. Now I own a bunch of lvl 2 characters for pvp.

and this is also why I can’t get my friends to come do higher level stuff with me. they just level enough to understand the profession, and off they go to pvp….

Posted by: Manifoldgodhead.2356

Manifoldgodhead.2356

Lol, there are just as many people that want more down-leveling so that they can more easily enjoy content with lower level friends.

Shootsfoot.9276

All said, this game isn’t about leveling.

Posted by: Dark.7235

Dark.7235

The problem is once you reach 80 there isnt much to do. there isnt much 80 content, they promise that is coming though. thus far, I can see no point in bothering to level another toon to 80 so im just trying all the other professions randomly, paitiently waiting.

Posted by: Knuckledust.5621

Knuckledust.5621

No, 80 basically means you ran out of things to do. Just do like other fanboys and make 6 different characters, buying the single character slots of course, then level them to 30 and jump to another.

Posted by: Dark.7235

Dark.7235

Oh thats what I did, lol I just spent ingame gold to buy the toon slots.