Do you get MP for each Personal Story?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Walker.7204

Walker.7204

I’ve been lacking on completeing my personal stories on characters, and I was curious if you get a mastery point for completing each version of the personal story, or just one.

Thanks.

Posted by: sakura.7961

sakura.7961

I think you get it just once.

More violets, less violence.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I’ve been lacking on completeing my personal stories on characters, and I was curious if you get a mastery point for completing each version of the personal story, or just one.

Thanks.

You get one mastery point for completing each chapter in the story. So you’ll get one for completing any level 10 story arc, then another for any level 20 story arc and so on. So if you do the level 10 human stories you’ll get one mastery point if you then do the level 10 charr stories you won’t get a second.

(edited by Pifil.5193)

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Above are spot ot, result is that as long as you’ve finished the Zhaitan story once you’ve gotten all MPs you can get from that.

LW Season 2 gives one MP on completion of each episode, and offers another for getting all achievements for each.

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

I have finished the personal story on one char but still have 2 more MP I can get for doing a few sections of the personal story on an Asura. You can check the Achievements tab to see what you still have left to collect
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hero_
Each race has a few MP to collect for doing parts of their personal story line.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Mastery Points are always a one-time shot, i.e. cannot be collected repeatedly. To see which story steps/mission achievements provide points, check your Hero Panel’s story journal tab.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I have finished the personal story on one char but still have 2 more MP I can get for doing a few sections of the personal story on an Asura. You can check the Achievements tab to see what you still have left to collect

This is inaccurate. An account can only acquire 1 Mastery Point per Personal Story Level Arc, regardless of race. The Hero Panel (and Wiki [the Wiki notes, at the top of the page for Mastery Point Unlocks, and in the ‘Anomaly’ section for Hero Achievements, that only one MP is acquired per Story Level Arc, though]) are a bit confusing as they show all possible avenues to collect the one Mastery Point in a Level Arc.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

This is inaccurate. An account can only acquire 1 Mastery Point per Personal Story Level Arc, regardless of race. The Hero Panel (and Wiki [the Wiki notes, at the top of the page for Mastery Point Unlocks, and in the ‘Anomaly’ section for Hero Achievements, that only one MP is acquired per Story Level Arc, though]) are a bit confusing as they show all possible avenues to collect the one Mastery Point in a Level Arc.

It is not inaccurate. I have finished the personal story on a human and still have 2 parts that are for asura left to do to get MP. I know this is a fact as I have done the ones for the other races already and still have those 2 left.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Um…okay.

Still, the Hero Panel is misleading. And if you actually acquire those listed Mastery Points, you are more fortunate than most.

Here’s a Dev post about Personal Story MPs: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/central-Tyria-mastery-points-non-HOT/first#post5814303

Just as a heads up, the Mastery Points for Personal Story are awarded on a per-chapter basis. So once you complete Chapter 1 and earn the Achievement for it, you’ve earned the Mastery Point for Chapter 1. This includes each different starting storyline…

Good luck.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)