Do you have full exotic?

Do you have full exotic?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Armor 4/6 exotic
Trinkets 1/5 exotic + guild back
Weapons all exotic

As a casual, I took my time because I knew gear wouldn’t increase. Apparently it will…

How’s your exotic status?

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: mjalkar.5284

mjalkar.5284

6/6 orr temple set (doing monthly, daily and dungeon mostly, no orr farming required)

Full exotic trinkets + guild back

just 2 Exotic Wapons (AC hammer and Mystic Claymore)

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Orb.1702

Orb.1702

took me about 2-3 days to grind the armor, its pretty easy if you know what to do

I Orb Mine I Human Thief I FA I [Hope]

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

Yes, it cost me all of 5 gold to make the armor. Im still using rare daggers because I dont really care for any of the skins currently out. I dont see how its so big of a deal, its the exact same as replacing rares or masterworks.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Full exotic tarsmutated except for jewelery thats rare.
Don’t care for Legendary since I hate to grind, looking at it that way they lied from the start.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Ninth Requiem.3250

Ninth Requiem.3250

5 sets spread over 4 characters; mostly dungeon with some crafted.

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Exotic is way too easy to obtain. I agree we need two tiers more (aka, Ascended and cosmetic Legendary for armor). However, I don’t want them to keep adding tiers over and over through the duration of this game.

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

I have multiple sets of exotic gear per my 2 80’s, full COE, full HOTW, COF and AC. A set of berserker, knight and rampager trinkets, different exotic weapons of different stat choices.

Still, I don’t support something higher than exotics, even if I’ll eventually get them. I’m still getting my exotic sets for different stats and builds, so in a way, I’m not yet finished.

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Norax.2405

Norax.2405

took me about 2-3 days to grind the armor, its pretty easy if you know what to do

Also was for GW1. You faced 28++ level enemies with your lvl20 armor.

Whats the problem? The unskilled people that cant face a challenge?

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Cod Eye.1632

Cod Eye.1632

Full exotic armour and trinkets, armour cost me around 17g, my main weapon (Mystic Claymore) I created in forge, secondary weapons (scepter and torch) cost around 4-5g, the rest (Jewelry) I made and cost me nothing except my time.

My armour I transmuted for the Arah Karma armour which I still not been able to get the last 2 pieces becasue its always bugged the last couple of weeks.

“Hey I swung a sword, Hey Hey I swung a sword again,”

“After several hours I’m still swinging this sword with1 lodestone drop”

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Ivanov.8914

Ivanov.8914

Warrior with 2 exotic sets, 1 skinned from cultural T2 charr, other a mix of CoF, SE and AC with MF runes.Full exo jewels.Have exotic sword, shield, axe, mace, longbow and greatsword.

So far I’ve focus played(not counting afk and pointless TP skimming) an average of 2-3 hours/day, with some days not playing at all.Getting exotic gear is a joke.

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: aliquis.9180

aliquis.9180

Full exotics here with best runes and sigils. Also have 680k karma sitting there if I wanted more. Over 1k hours played. And I’d rather quit this game than get the new crap. So there.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: saurus.8290

saurus.8290

becouse the +5 stat increase make you GODLIKE in WvW

ohh and you cant put runes, sigils or orbs into these items

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Zaber.5609

Zaber.5609

I have exotic weapon/armor/trinkets (crafted ones) on my main and 3 alts. It’s not that hard realistically if you just grind a bit everyday.

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: ReddSquall.2548

ReddSquall.2548

Sadly yes. I bought the last rings two days ago. Now they are absolutely worthless. I also spent 240k on karma just for what I thought were max stats with a skin I didn’t like, also wasted.

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Hobocop.1508

Hobocop.1508

Two full sets of armor and at least one of each weapon I can use on my Warrior. Crafted the stats for my first armor set and transmuted Charr heavy T3 over them. Second set I got half from dungeons and half from karma in Orr, and threw on a mix of heavy T2 and crafted aesthetics.

All exotic jewelry except one ring left. Just used whatever materials I had accumulated during normal play to craft them, and I really wasn’t fussed about going past rare in the first place since the difference was so miniscule and it didn’t look shiny like my armor does.

(edited by Hobocop.1508)

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

Warrior: 2 Full sets+jewelry, gbackpack, 11 weapons
Necro: Full set, 4 weapons

Enough potential exotics to gear up my current alt with suitable stats.

But won’t matter anyways since I’ll have to start switching out my current gear to ascended on warr now. I’ll get it and if needed grind for it, just utterly disappointed for losing so much time/g on current gear, that is all. Oh right, gonna need some g for fine transmute stones to keep my current look. :/

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Clem.2963

Clem.2963

Full exotics *3.
8)

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Anhellbro.7210

Anhellbro.7210

5 Full Exortic complects and 300+ gold no donat.

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Wriith.6581

Wriith.6581

Both my necro (1 set) and my guardian (2 sets) each have full exotics, including accessories and alternate weapons. Right now I’m working on getting the skins I want, which is much harder than racking up a few pieces of exotic gear. And no, I won’t mind working for the new gear that comes out, provided they’re not legendaries v2.0; if they come with that kind of a grind, I’ll be sorely disappointed. I hope they won’t be that agonizing, however.

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

I’ve had full exotic (including the Orr karma set) for well over a month. I’ve replaced a few pieces with dungeon exotics that I liked the look of and re-skinned the rest in cultural T3 now.

Gearing is really fast.

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Cyferwolf.1089

Cyferwolf.1089

I have two sets of exotic armor for rifle and pistol builds, exotic rifle, two exotic pistols, one exotic shield, just got exotic guild back piece. Rare amulets, trinkets, and rings.

I still play my engineer extensively, and was looking forward to this update with it’s thirty bullet points for engineers and new content. I was also looking forward to leveling and equipping my 4 other characters and seeing how they would change.

Now I’m just extremely disappointed to see the possibility of gear grind and power creep being brought into the game.

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Nothing at all.

I’ve been playing since the first day of head start but I’ve been taking my time, doing things like talking to every named character I can find (then doubling back to talk to them again when I found out there are Whispers agents all over who you can only identify with a character who’s a member).

I’m not sure what I’m going to do about end-game armor yet. My plan is to wait and see how things are actually working when I get to that point, not just with this update but with future ones. I don’t want to be forced to do a lot of grind for slightly better gear so if that really does become the case I’ll probably do as much of the game as I can without it and leave the rest, but I don’t know and I’m not going to try and plan that far in the future when everything could be changed.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

None yet. But I was thinking about buying a set this weekend (I might finally have enough gold to buy a full set) But now, I’ll keep my money and stick with my rare.

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: ShadowBlaze.2573

ShadowBlaze.2573

6 characters at Level 80, all of them wearing Masterwork Armor/Weapons. Hah!

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Jefzor.7145

Jefzor.7145

All exotic items, but my pants are still lvl 78.

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

Two with full armor and, each wielding at least two exotic weapon sets. So, I haven’t been hit too hard. My next few chars won’t get exotics for a while though, if at all.

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

I actually salvaged 2 full sets of exotic armor on my norn guardian yesterday and used the ectos to make clovers for my human guardian. Its ok though I still have a full exo magic find set on the norn for farming.

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

None. I have never seen any. I will never have any, because I do not enjoy farming and grinding. Guild Wars has become the ultimate farm/grind game. The bloom is definitely off this rose.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Carbinedevil.4093

Carbinedevil.4093

None. I have never seen any. I will never have any, because I do not enjoy farming and grinding. Guild Wars has become the ultimate farm/grind game. The bloom is definitely off this rose.

Are you serious? Exotics are probably the easiest end-game armours to get out of ALL MMORPGs in the market currently. By the time you’re level 80, you would probably have 15-20 G and a set of exotics costs only 10-15G at most. That is discounting the fact that you can probably save 5G from all the ores/scraps that you got from getting to level 80 in the first place.

Bad player.

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Full gear set of exotics. Including weapons, and trinkets/jewelry and guild backpack.
Also just recently bought a second set of healing trinkets/jewelry just for dungeons. lol.

I played every day up till this month, cut back a little after Halloween event to play other games/changed workplace so my schedule changed. Couldn’t say I played too much, at most 5 hrs a day on weekends. Usually 2~ during the week.

I was so glad to finish my main. So I could relax and play alts or do achievements. And I’d been having fun doing just that and not having to worry about my gear in the future. We shall see. lol

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Caledore.6271

Caledore.6271

I do have a full set of Exotics. Some of it was temple gear, which I got before the jugs of karma, so it took a fair amount of event grinding to get it. The gold I made from the event farming covered most of the rest of my exotic gear, though I did do some dungeon runs for my staff.

I disliked the grind but I at least thought “I have my endgame armor now, and won’t ever have to do this again” when I obtained it.

Unfortunately, I didn’t think that would be proven wrong so soon after obtaining a full exotics set.

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Zen.1740

Zen.1740

No, it’s too expensive. I don’t care if you had 13 gold by level 80. I don’t care if you are an economic parasite and now have thousands of gold.

The game’s design is flawed as it makes people feel like they have to grind to stay afloat, in a game that they were sold that was supposed to be about fun and not competing.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2,
no one enjoys that, no one finds it fun.” – Colin Johanson
R.I.P. in piece, Guild Wars 2, August 2012 – September 2012

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Ponzu.4570

Ponzu.4570

1 full set on engineer,was starting to make 1 for my new lv 80 thief…..after seeing ascended? not anymore ….

lvl80 sylavari Engineer
Crystal Desert

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Zen.1740

Zen.1740

1 full set on engineer,was starting to make 1 for my new lv 80 thief…..after seeing ascended? not anymore ….

Exactly.

Want to take a guess at how many cash shop items or rare items it will take to throw in the Mystic Cash Shop to get out these infusions? What a joke.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2,
no one enjoys that, no one finds it fun.” – Colin Johanson
R.I.P. in piece, Guild Wars 2, August 2012 – September 2012

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Kyosji.8961

Kyosji.8961

Armor and weapons are level 74-76 exotics. Trinkets/accessories are rares.

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Kyosji.8961

Kyosji.8961

I thought the ascended was only back and accessories. Where does it say it’s full on armor?

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Wildman.9641

Wildman.9641

Finished on my Ele. I WAS working on my 2 other 80 toons until this new gear thing popped up. Now I am here instead of playing. sigh

They destroyed everything I have done.

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

On My Warrior:
Full Knight’s armour and trinkets except for the back-piece, and as soon as the Cathedral of Glorious Victory became available again on my server, I was going to complete my Power/Toughness/Vitality armour. I also have an almost complete set of exotic warrior weapons except for secondary mace, axe & sword as well as the underwater weapons.

On my Ranger:
Full exotic armour, exotic shortbow, torch and sword and rare trinkets (again, except for the backpiece).

On my Mesmer:
Full exotic armour, exotic greatsword & staff. Junk trinkets currently.

Not sure why I should bother getting geared now if they’re just going to make it obsolete.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

I have half my exotic Armor, no Jewelry, and exotic Scepter and Dagger for my 80 Elementalist. I was taking my sweet time with it, focusing on leveling a couple other alts and waiting to see what changes would come for Elementalists since the initial version was kind of disappointing.

The real thing I’m worried about is that I still haven’t completed most of the Dungeons on that character, or any character. My Elementalist has finished AC and CM, and that’s it. If suddenly there’s a new higher tier of gear and no one gives a crap about the rewards from the current Dungeons, it’s going to take me a long time to see all of that content.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Havana.8625

Havana.8625

I had geared up three level 80 toons each with full exotics. Would never have done that if I knew they were introducing power creep. I wish I could get my gold back so I could save for items of the next tier instead.

“We don’t need to make gear treadmills”
Colin Johanson on how arenanet measures success.
(Please no gear treadmills, Colin!)

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I nearly have full exotic as for trinkets (all but neck) dose not seem worth it.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

I easily made enough money just from selling mats and such. I skipped crafting completely. With that money and a little bit of karma grind and a few dungeon runs and my exotic set was complete. Now working on my second level 80

But yeh, a bit concerned now because I am an altoholic and gear treadmills are the worst when you play multiple toons. You just get tired of doing it all over and over again for each toon. This new information about the game worries me as a consequence.

Changes are that when you can get a full set of exalted, it’s best to just use rares to grind for the exalted gear and skip exotic entirely.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

Armor 4/6 exotic
Trinkets 1/5 exotic + guild back
Weapons all exotic

As a casual, I took my time because I knew gear wouldn’t increase. Apparently it will…

How’s your exotic status?

I have a full knight’s armor set with full emerald jewelry set, a full berserker’s armor set and full ruby jewelry set, all exotic, I also have 2 exotic pistols, 1 exotic dagger, 1 exotic shortbow, and 1 exotic sword. My only non exotics are my back slot item, and my underwater weapons.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Vengerin.6013

Vengerin.6013

Four characters at level 80, three of them full exotic gear, jewels and weapons and all. Some with some kick kitten expensive skins (my sylvari guardian have the helmet of tier 3 sylvari cultural set, the rest is a mix of Vigil set and draconic… the greatsword is also from the Vigil). My fourth character, my charr necromancer, is a recent lvl 80 and I have one of the daggers and the staff exotic and almost every part of the gear is exotic except boots and chest.

And I don’t mind at all the ascended gear.

First of all I didn’t expend a dime of RL money in exotics. I only bought gems twice and one was to upgrade my game version to the digital collector and the second was to get some bank space and character slots.

I maxed all the crafts and I have a decent luck with drops but not amazing luck, mind you. I like to play the game and I don’t farm a lot (not compare to what I had to farm in other mmos I was like DDO, DCUO, Lotro, Aion, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan… even WoW (and that was too much time ago, I left after burning crusade)) but I really love to equip my characters and I love to find for them the perfect look-personality rateo.

At the moment I saw there will be only a ring and a back piece (and we all admit we need a better backpieces) but if they add armor, I won’t mind. The stats are not so different and, thinking in cold, won’t add a lot of edge. Also they only take infusions so things like rune sets, that really make a difference, won’t be usable with those.

I’ll reserve my whole judgement when I see the complete update and I have time to analyze it but for the look of it, isn’t so bad as the criers maybe think or want everyone to believe.

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Sergoros.4398

Sergoros.4398

3 full exo armor sets, 3,5 full exo jewelry sets. 2 full exo weapons sets. Thx Anet for wasting my efforts -_-

Btw…i wonder what they going to do with triforce amulet? I wasted my 80g for nothing? 0_o

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Quaz.4931

Quaz.4931

Just equipped my first character with full armour and jewelery, crafted myself in the proud knowledge that it was a worthwhile investment of time and resources as there would be no cheap armour tier increase.

Shoulda just stayed with rares, incredibly cheaper and are ultimately just imperfect exotics. If I knew exotics were imperfect I wouldnt have bothered.

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

I like this topic. It shows how Ascended might not be the end of the world. I see lots of you are still using rare or even masterwork…yet still doing content, still doing dungeons, still doing big events.

There has largely been a “I’m just going to play the game and ill get it when I get it” mentality.

A new tier of gear isn’t going to change that.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: fourpoundburrito.1698

fourpoundburrito.1698

I have two characters in full exotic.

I played GW1 for 5 years and can’t believe that ANet is adding a gear treadmill less than 3 months in to GW2.

Do you have full exotic?

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

Yes. One thief in a combination of karma, dungeon token, and TP exotics. Every possible slot and weapon combination. Underwater too. At this point I consider him done and I dont think the new gear changes that. Perhaps if I played wvwvw I might.