Do you let your younger siblings watch

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Imperios.2543

Imperios.2543

I have a five year old sister who often watches me play Guild Wars 2. Although she does not understand the story aside from what I tell her (she can’t speak or read English), she nevertheless provides interesting insight at times.

-> fighting a champion centaur, he dies and we loot him. “Brother, will he come back” “No, we defeated him” “But what if Scarlet comes and heals him?” – My sister on Scarlet’s modus operandi
-> doing Arah explorable “Brother, why are there still so many zombies here? We killed the zombie dragon!” – My sister on Orr revamp
-> doing Scarlet’s End – Marjory and Kasmeer kissing “Is it a boy?” – My sister on Marjory’s gender identity

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

That’s hilarious

Posted by: Imperios.2543

Imperios.2543

There’s another one I forgot to tell about.

I was doing Personal Story for my female charr, the Order of Whispers’ storyline in particular. I was talking to Tybalt.

Here comes my sister.

“Will this lion fall in love with our lioness?”

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

You should buy her a copy of the game. She would be invaluable as a leader in dungeons.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JRCye0ur8qc

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

The game does have a T rating, you may want to re-consider letting a 5yo watch it.
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=32125

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Try not ignoring the game’s rating which is obviously placed there for a reason.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

The game’s rating is mostly because it’s an online game, not necessarily the content. And he’s not letting her play, just watch a game where she understands none of the dialogue. She doesn’t know they’re drinking alcohol, for example, unless someone tells her.

As for my younger siblings, they’re all at least 18 and live 1000 miles away so no. I do play with my middle sister sometimes, though.

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

There’s another one I forgot to tell about.

I was doing Personal Story for my female charr, the Order of Whispers’ storyline in particular. I was talking to Tybalt.

Here comes my sister.

“Will this lion fall in love with our lioness?”

Oh god.

If that happened, what an awful battle of clawr island that would be QQ

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Back before the start of the current WvW season we had faced the same servers several times. On seeing the matchup, my son, who plays sometimes asked

“Why do we keep playing these servers when we keep beating them?”

My daughter (who doesn’t actually play) replied,

“Maybe they haven’t learnt their lesson yet.”

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Aww, these are precious. I’d let my siblings watch if they weren’t mostly thousands of miles away and in their 40’s … but they wouldn’t come up with lines like those. Even my nephew and nieces are mid to late teens.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

No, but I do have a dad that makes hilarious comments every time he plays or watches me play GW2.

“Back in my day, the story was actually a story. And that story made sense, unlike today’s garbage”.

“Back in my day, we had to fly on griffins that took us on a 15 minute journey to get where we wanted to go. Nowadays, you can just teleport everywhere. Lazy ****es”

“World completion? Bah, in my day we didn’t get rewarded for exploring. All we got were animal pelts that we could make into leather armor, which we could sell for -5 gold”

“Wow, an entire 2 silver for a 5 minute event! Anet needs a raise for this amount of genius!”

I need to record him some time.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

(edited by Galtrix.7369)