Do you not have a legendary weapon yet?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

Have you played more hours than me without acquiring a legendary weapon?

Attachments:

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

I’ve player over 5k hours and didn’t get a legendary weapon, nor have any will or wish to work on one. Maybe when they will be something rare and legendary to have, not something every single next dude can simply get with a month of grinding, then I could consider working towards one.

\||||||/
O°v°O

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

You have a few more hundreds of hour, but I don’t have a legendary weapon. Nor does any of my guildies and if they wanted one they could outright buy it from the TP.

The thing is : we don’t find any of them to be attractive enough. While I like Kraitskin, what’s the point of buying something I’d pretty much never see…I’m waiting for the new set of legendaries (if they ever see the light). Maybe there will be one I like. But except if they release Caladbolg, I doubt I’ll bother getting one.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I don’t particularly care for the legendary weapon skins. The method acquisition does not grant the weapons anything resembling prestige in my opinion. Between those two points I am unlikely to ever bother pursuing legendary weapons (barring new skins that do interest me).

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

As long as I can kill other players with their Legendary Weapons in WvW, I don’t need one.

As soon as the Legendary Weapon becomes OP, I’d stop playing the game.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Even if I have one, I don’t care too much about credit card weapons.

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I’ve played longer than you and don’t have one. Reason – I’m not a girl.

Legendaries (skins/models) are made by girls for girls.

(edited by Paul.4081)

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

I think I have just under 2000 hours and no legendary weapon. I mean, I would like one but the whole precursor wall makes me not want to even bother. Maybe when I’ve decked out all my characters with the weapon/armor combos I have planned for them and have no other real goal to work towards I may actually seriously start considering a legendary weapon but right now it’s not really a priority.

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

All the gold and materials needed for a legendary weapons goes towards my character’s appearance, gems, and everything else. I don’t see the appeal of legendary weapons.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i like to have a nice looking weapon but i also don’t want them to be like a beacon, i am not gonna sneak around with a staff that stands out like a lighthouse on crack.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I’ve played longer than you and don’t have one. Reason – I’m not a girl.

Legendaries (skins/models) are made by girls for girls.

What’s wrong with girls?

OP, I don’t have one and I’ve played longer. I only like two of them and when I get the precursors for them I’ll start but otherwise….meh.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

I have over 3500 hrs with 10 80s and still no Legendary. They are not attractive IMO and EVERY one of my chars is fully geared and all have non-legendary weapons I find much more attractive/fitting with their armors. Not to mention, I main a Thief and a confetti shooting pistol and a short bow that fires unicorns is the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen and don’t give me the impression of a lethal killer that strikes maliciously from the shadows. Meteorlogicus for an ele is the only one I find remotely appealing and/or appropriate; superfluousness of the great swords aside.

(edited by Tman.6349)

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I should be finished with crafting Twilight in a week or so based on what I need. I’m looking forward to selling it to people that like ugly weapons. I won’t need to buy gems for some time once it sells.

The Burninator

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Darned few Legendaries look good to me. I rather like The Flameseeker Prophecies, but don’t have a shield-using character. I considered Bifrost for a time, until they turned up the special effects. Forget it now. I think footsteps are goofy, and the more pronounced ones are obnoxious. Weapon “swooshes” in the air are the likewise ugly in my opinion. And don’t get me started on those weapons that create a “cloud” aura around your character. Why do I want to hide the armor I have spent so long working on, in favor of looking like the Pig-Pen character from Peanuts?

No, sir. I have played more hours than you. From your post, one would assume you just acquired your own Legendary weapon. In which case, my weapon is older, has more kills to it’s name, and is therefore far more deserving of the term “Legendary” than something you cooked up in the Forge yesterday.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

http://i.imgur.com/VF3NQmr.jpg
On my Guardian main I have still HoM armor, full ascended accessory, exotic weapons and armor. Back in my days stats were matter not fancy shiny junk. The only thing I’m aiming for now is Zojja’s GS from FotM and Fractal GS. Fractal skin because it’s the only thing that feels it’s worth something for some reason.

(edited by Psychol.5783)

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

I have ~1500h, 6k AP, no lengendary, but 2 full ascended characters and 5 exotic/ascended trinks. As Paul said, most of them look that were made to 12 y/o girls. lol

I hope they make a new set of legendaries more dark. Like a staff with undead hands trying to grab you when you walk, and a black smoke trail. Or a greatsword dripping blood with splash effects when you hit the enemy.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I have Infinite Light. I’ll probably make a Volcanus long before I advance any further towards a legendary. None of them look that good to me and I’m not doing a great job saving up T6 mats for the Gifts while getting 500 in all the different crafts. (I have 2 precursors, I’m just not working on them)

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

none. and whats the command for time played?

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

I have played less hours but yes I love my legendary.

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

and no.. I don’t have one yet – although I have had everything but the precursor for a very long time now. just need a little spark is all… TBH I don’t really want one, but what else is the point of this game…

Posted by: Mars.6319

Mars.6319

Have you played more hours than me without acquiring a legendary weapon?

My wife and I played since beta and finally, a few months ago, got our first precursor drop. Both of our saved materials combined were not enough to complete the legendary. I gave her my mats and she bought what she didn’t have. All in all it was disappointing and I do not recommend anyone try for one.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I have about half as many hours, though I doubt I’ll have a legendary by then since I don’t really care for one. I don’t even find the skins that impressive, except maybe the scepter or something.

Of all those hours played, how many were devoted solely to getting one?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Played slightly (about 20 hours more) longer, still doesn’t have a legendary. And not because i haven’t been thinking about getting any. I could most likely afford one if i really wanted – i just preferred to get things on my own instead of just farming gold for them. Unfortunately, in this game that approach has been proved completely unviable.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

i dont want a legendary, they are all ugly silly weapons, i like more serious stuff

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

Sold 2 legendaries, and now playing TP Tycoon 2.

Been there, done that. What’s next?

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

I don’t have more hours than you but the only legendary weapon I really like is the incinerator. I wish they had a staff or some others that weren’t all rainbowy and such and I don’t like the great sword ones cause everyone has one. Hoping that by the time I’m ready for one with my Map completion (still working on it cause its not that fun for me) I’m hoping another set will he out to choose from.

Posted by: medohgeuh.4650

medohgeuh.4650

Played about the same amount of time (probably a little more) and can’t be bothered. Not worth the tedium for a negligible stat increase and there’s plenty of other weapons in the game that are more aesthetically pleasing yet easier to acquire.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I’ve played way more hours than you and all without a legendary or ascended weapon. I did prefer GW2 when it only contained optional grinds.

Posted by: medohgeuh.4650

medohgeuh.4650

I’ve played way more hours than you and all without a legendary or ascended weapon. I did prefer GW2 when it only contained optional grinds.

They’re still optional.

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

I don’t have more hours than you but the only legendary weapon I really like is the incinerator. I wish they had a staff or some others that weren’t all rainbowy and such and I don’t like the great sword ones cause everyone has one. Hoping that by the time I’m ready for one with my Map completion (still working on it cause its not that fun for me) I’m hoping another set will he out to choose from.

everyone has the incinerator, especially in pvp where all the thieves gather, so…

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

Posted by: BenGrech.3912

BenGrech.3912

The Precursor is what I have left, and I don’t want to farm 500g+ just for an exotic..

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

If you are used to grinding hardcore or have played Maplestory before, you can spend countless hours in Frostgorge Sound slaying champions and collecting loot. Within a month you can purchase your legendary weapon off trading post without dumping a single gold and stuff into the Mystic Forge. However, it is going to be extremely boring so you might want listen to podcasts (example: "VisualWood Podcast" - Guild Wars 2 topics and it is funny and quirky) and audiobooks (example: A Song of Ice and Fire series / Game of Thrones on television). Or… you can buy gems, then convert them to gold, and purchase a legendary weapon off the trading post (don't do this unless you are filthy rich in real life).

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

i dont want a legendary, they are all ugly silly weapons, i like more serious stuff

This right here.
If I was given one as a gift, the first thing I would have to do is reskin it.

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

I’ve player over 5k hours and didn’t get a legendary weapon, nor have any will or wish to work on one. Maybe when they will be something rare and legendary to have, not something every single next dude can simply get with a month of grinding, then I could consider working towards one.

a month of grinding

Teach me master….
Now. Please check the wiki and tell how it is even remotely possible to achieve this. Do you know the actual requirement? Do you know the price of dusk on the TP? Do you know how hard is it to grind karma post the nerf? I could go on…

banished from time and space

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

Teach me master….
Now. Please check the wiki and tell how it is even remotely possible to achieve this. Do you know the actual requirement? Do you know the price of dusk on the TP? Do you know how hard is it to grind karma post the nerf? I could go on…

Actually the only thing that makes you grind for months is the Mystic Coin and Map Completion, and you didn’t mention it.

Posted by: justbones.9628

justbones.9628

Got 1k, i made my 1 and only legendary (the dreamer) when i got to 700 hours.
I like it, and like the legendaries, i do agree they aren’t as epic as they should be, they should have more lore to them at least. But i like them, and I enjoy making them.
So i’ll probably get Sunrise after.

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

I whould never waste my money on those ugly skins called “legendary”

Posted by: Riss.1536

Riss.1536

Played more, got more than 10k ap, got everything but the precursor but there’s no way I’ll grind +500-900 gold and make rich a lottery winner. Still waiting for the scavenger hunt for 1 year and will give up if it’s a gold grind again.

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

everyone has the incinerator, especially in pvp where all the thieves gather, so…

I dunno, I guess personally I just haven’t seen that many of them compared to the great sword ones or the dreamer. I’ve probably seen a total of 4 of them my entire time playing compared to how many great swords I see swinging around with the trails they have or maybe they are just more noticeable. Anywho, I’m not saying there are more I’m just saying what I’ve seen. But ya, I like the incinerator or the shield the most but the shield is an offhand weapon that I don’t use so I would go with the incinerator unless they release new ones. (Hoping for this big patch that’s coming)

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Most expensive item I have on my account is a mjolnir which imo is better than the juggernaut.

Most of the legendaries are ugly imo the only one I actually like is the spear and an underwater legendary is just lol why bother.

Actually the only thing that makes you grind for months is the Mystic Coin and Map Completion, and you didn’t mention it.

Only grind is map % cause you can just buy the coins lol.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

(edited by Travis the Terrible.4739)

Posted by: Drakonis.4579

Drakonis.4579

Legendary hate errwhere.

I’m at about 2,100 hours and my guardian has Juggernaut and is almost finished with crafting Sunrise. I’m not looking forward to map completion again…I eventually want my ranger to have Howler.

Posted by: insaneshadow.1654

insaneshadow.1654

I don’t have one yet mainly because I’m too lazy to get one.

Gust Root | Letum Folium | Lo Bridge | Snow Spot | Roland East | Nascharr | Bjorn Microbrew
Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

I don’t like any of them.
Maybe The Predator, but I don’t actively use a rifle on any of my characters.

In the early days they were rare and had some bragging rights, now that’s gone whats the point really?
They honestly just look more and more silly.
A few weeks ago I was running AC and a guy there with 2,5K AP and a Twilight was playing as bad as he could, so it’s not even a symbol of dedication anymore, it’s just a stupid thing people get for the “look at me”.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

Posted by: Drakonis.4579

Drakonis.4579

A few weeks ago I was running AC and a guy there with 2,5K AP and a Twilight was playing as bad as he could, so it’s not even a symbol of dedication anymore, it’s just a stupid thing people get for the “look at me”.

While this can be true in some cases, (I’ve seen plenty of players with legendaries playing terribly) I ultimately believe that they are still symbols of dedication and hard work in-game. I mean, who knows how many people have credit card legendaries. Doesn’t really matter to me, honestly. The only opinion that matters is your own. The personal gratification you get out of swinging your new legendary around far outweighs imaginary prestige points.

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Yep. No legendary.

Attachments:

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I have played 537 days and over 2430 hours and have never seen a precourser. Nuff said. I see legendaries everywhere but wonder how many craft vs buy them. I also see a lot of posts where folk find get one precourser after another. I guess if that is what is important or floats your boat then it is important to you no matter how you get it. My focus is just enjoying the game, if I get something special then it is just icing on the cake.

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

I got sunrise October 13th after the release of the game =P

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Legendaries have become so abundant their only redeeming quality is the easily accessible stat-change.

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

This right here.
If I was given one as a gift, the first thing I would have to do is reskin it.

Right…

Attachments:

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

As long as I can kill other players with their Legendary Weapons in WvW, I don’t need one.

As soon as the Legendary Weapon becomes OP, I’d stop playing the game.

Precisely.