Do you think LA will ever be fixed?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I was thinking about this today, I’m hoping it will be fixed soon, maybe gw2 2nd b/day?

Speculate!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Nothing really to speculate about, other than to say: Yes, I think it will.

Hopefully, something quite different; doubtful, yet it would be nice.

Posted by: Highchu.3806

Highchu.3806

Its only a matter of time before it gets fully repaired, but depending on how LS season 2 plays out it might take longer. LA did receive donations/relief aid from the Zephyrites, but with Mordemoths awakening a majority of the funds/manpower would be focused on stopping him. For the most part everything is available in LA, but I do hope they at least fix the kitten bridge holes. Aside from that I kind of like the war-torn look of it all.

Tiger Ashante.1792

Yea there is, speculate when it will be rebuilt lol.

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

There’s nothing to speculate about. It will be rebuilt. My only issue is, in a world where a single elementalist can literally reshape a mountain, why is it taking so long?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yea there is, speculate when it will be rebuilt lol.

I meant, I have nothing to offer in the way of speculation.

As to when? “When it’s ready.”

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I still say we should rebuild LA out of Bloodstone Bricks so it’s not blown up so often.

Or at the very least, we should rebuild the Lion fountain statue out of Bloodstone Bricks. Poor thing just can’t get a break!

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

LA will be “repaired” when it’s repaired.

“Nothing is off the table."

After all it’s a “living world”.

Expect changes.

Including more destruction of other zones, like a vexatious toddler mimicking a rampaging Godzilla kicking through a pile of toy blocks.

(Still trying to understand why the game with some of the most beautiful artwork is hell-bent on destroying it.)

As far as speculation: no point. It’s ANet’s game. They do things for their own internal reasons with total opaqueness.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

I’ve never seen LA as a complete, finished city. In my immagination, it were mutch mutch more interesting. Let’s hope the improvement will be more like Venice – than a pile of rock and a couple of ships sticked on it.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

(edited by RoyalPredator.9163)

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

I am almost positive it will be rebuilt. The standard NPCs are back for some time now and we did gather donations from the last event, specially to rebuild it. Even the queen jumped in to help. Not sure when it will be rebuilt..but i think it will eventually.

As for the form of the rebuilt LA….it would literally be the saddest thing in this game, if it were to come back in the exact same form

Tiger Ashante.1792

Yea i would expect them to make at least some changes from the original. I always thought the suspended ships used as means to get across ravines etc, was a bit weird, nice but weird.

But however they rebuild it, i hope it’s soon, coz i’m getting a bit tired of the dreary LA. I mean its been five months now, i think it’s time.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Still trying to understand why the game with some of the most beautiful artwork is hell-bent on destroying it.

No kidding. I’m disappointed every time I remember what Kessex Hills and Lion’s Arch used to look like. And not “I’m disappointed that we couldn’t stop Scarlet from destroying Lions’ Arch” disappointed, but “I’m disappointed the developers think trashing these lovely zones in any way enhances the Living Story” disappointed.

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

I hope not! I love all the caves where crafting takes place near the Fractals entrance, and all the hills and mounds of rubble.

Not to mention everything is so tightly grouped together.

Posted by: Audrey.7246

Audrey.7246

The area where the mystic forge resided previously should be back to normal by early December. I cannot see them spending very much time restructuring the holiday decorations and events that have been designed over the last two years.

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

I personally like how accessible everything is in it’s current state. I’m fine as is, or perhaps improve upon it. Like Rebound mentioned, I’d be disappointed if it were the same old LA as before.

It also splits up traffic to three different locations instead of all in one area of the map. Feels like it’s utilizing more of LA.

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

It will, just give them time. LA ist huge.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I personally like how accessible everything is in it’s current state. I’m fine as is, or perhaps improve upon it. Like Rebound mentioned, I’d be disappointed if it were the same old LA as before.

It also splits up traffic to three different locations instead of all in one area of the map. Feels like it’s utilizing more of LA.

It wouldn’t make sense to set up amenities the way they have, just to put it back to same old LA.

I think the amenities will stay as is, maybe improved upon a little.
and the place will be repaired so as not be in semi disarray

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Absolutely.

Right after Detroit.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

I personally like how accessible everything is in it’s current state. I’m fine as is, or perhaps improve upon it.

Everything except the kitten Guild Bank. Can we get one closer to a bank and wp?
Pretty please with an omnomberry on top!

Posted by: Seth.1308

Seth.1308

I’m going to take wild guess and say the repair crews are going to find a sudden and desperate need for elder wood logs before that happens.

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

If you mean “fixed” as in “spayed” or “neutered”, then LA is already fixed.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

Given the history of LA so far, the city will get a huge disk where everybody lives and most people work, a big building under the disk with machinery and powerplants and two large gondolas with glowing machinery. Last but not least every citizen of Lions Arch will be forced to wear a red shirt.

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Since the original LA wasn’t designed for the amount of people used it (and AFK’d), it would be a bad decision to reconstruct it. We clearly need a better design in the future.
Let me say; AN does Listen & Learn!
The current map offers 3 main society hub, just like I’ve signed the need before,
furthermore, the NPCs are well spread. All they need now is a reconstruction of environment, where GW2 lore can bring it’s beauty.

I have some posts about this “issue”; https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/suggestions/iR-Living-Breathing-World/first#post2533329

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Pretty sure Anet forgot about it, like all the other things they forget about.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

As I said in a different thread, they should have at least all the bridges and roads fixed. Also the most badly damaged/destroyed buildings should have been torn down while repairs should have started on the less damage ones. We should see Charr mobile fortresses and gun emplacements set up for defense.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Honestly I’d rather LA be wiped off the map entirely and some new city be founded somewhere else….

I hated old LA, new LA is an improvement.