Do you wish Alliance Battles were in GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chrispytoast.3698

Chrispytoast.3698

Previous post was only talking about GW1 Alliance battles and infracted. Would you like to see AB in GW2? How would you change it to fit better with GW2?

Save the orphans of Divinity’s Reach
Send Gold to: Chrispytoast

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

I had just about enough of holding points with conquest, as much as I love AB I now loathe this type of pvp.

I prefer GvG.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Chrispytoast.3698

I think that there needs to be different gametypes in PvP rather than capture point. I do not know what their thinking was for not even having just a battle arena at launch.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m not sure how the current brand of SPv kitten o different from Alliance battles. I play them exactly the same way (varying only for the sub-strategies of each map).

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

I’d love bigger maps, that would be a good way to make up for ABs. They have the team sizes (10v10 is pretty big for this games pvp system) now all they need are some bigger maps with more side objectives.

But as said earlier, I’d love some organized GvG first. 8v8 with a bigger maps/more freedom to move around. The maps have way too many choke points and I feel like Im being funded to a point wherever I go.

Posted by: Phoenix.7845

Phoenix.7845

I’d like to see Jade Quarry and Fort Aspenwood a lot more.

Posted by: Beast.9516

Beast.9516

Yes, although no exactly that since it wouldn’t fit in the current world, then again the mists aren’t really fixed in time or place… what was my point?
Oh yeah, some PvP where the object is to destroy something while the other team tries to build it (like FA) or gathering things (like JQ)

But not AB because pretty much all the sPvP maps are that sort of thing.

Beast [Beastess Isdottir][Meilikki Isdottir][Kaunista Illusio][Savant Bixxie]
Aspiring Brotherhood [PACT]
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

Yes, so much! I especially loved the mechanics of Fort Aspenwood. Some more unique standalone PvP scenarios that are new-player friendly could only be good for the game.

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

Posted by: Kaputsid.5169

Kaputsid.5169

Anything as long as this is pvp.

RA, TA, GVG, JQ, FA, HA, AB … take your pick, i’m in!

Pvpers are starving in here.

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

I preffered Alliance Battles over World vs World, but then again Alliance battles didn’t follow PvE rules.
Bring up Fort Aspenwood.

The great forum duppy.

Posted by: ResulAerian.9276

ResulAerian.9276

AB and JQ were amazing. I just don’t find WvW very fun. I’d like something that’s more structured.

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

I loved ab & fa, moreso than the current pvp systems.

And I can’t say precisely why.

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Some things I liked about AB, looking back at it:

The Alliance Battle system balanced the possibility of pre-made 4-man groups with the randomness of getting 3 separate groups put together into a 12-person team.

The AB maps were also successfully designed to discourage zerging, because that mindset almost always ended in failure. Solo capping was possible for very good players, but otherwise, staying in three separate groups of four was rewarded.

The AB maps were also large enough that a single player could avoid any and all combat unrelated to capture points if he/she chose.

AB also made different builds viable on different maps, simply because of the advantages available to each side. Minion Master is the best example I can remember, as it tended to work well on the balanced maps, but not on the castle maps because of the larger distances between cap points.

I think FA and JQ were successful because their objectives could be met using varied strategies, and both encouraged people to play with evolving build synergies similarly to the more hardcore PvP arenas (even though, as with anything, cookie cutter builds were developed eventually).

But, I think the most important thing among all three areas was that all classes had equally viable builds and strategies available. Right off the top of my head, I could name at least one viable build for each of the 10 classes, even after not playing the game for a good four years.

That balance and variability of builds was probably the #1 reason why GW was so successful across the board. Unfortunately, GW2’s weapon-based skill system removed a large portion of the strategy and build-craft that made GW so much fun.

I don’t want to look at a player’s character and automatically know five of their skills based on what weapon(s) they’re holding. Humorous as it was, I want a random warrior to throw a meteor shower at me once in a while if they want to.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I had just about enough of holding points with conquest, as much as I love AB I now loathe this type of pvp.

I prefer GvG.

AB is conquest.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Chrispytoast.3698

I prefer GvG.

AB is conquest.

He was saying that he no longer likes this gametype because it has been overplayed with no other spvp options

Posted by: Elof.2350

Elof.2350

AB was totally the best PvP in gw1

Posted by: Elof.2350

Elof.2350

So yeah i want it in gw2