Dodge Bar Time Plis

Dodge Bar Time Plis

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

The dodge bar needs a cd timer like our skills can have.

I’ve made too many dodge attempts that did not work because it looked like it was full, but it wasn’t q__q

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Dodge Bar Time Plis

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Weakness and Vigor are too plentiful for such a timer to ever hope to be accurate or informative.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Dodge Bar Time Plis

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

It currently does work… just without an actual timer. Otherwise chill/alacrity would cause an issue with the skill cd timer

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Dodge Bar Time Plis

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

Weakness and Vigor are too plentiful for such a timer to ever hope to be accurate or informative.

Theres already an option in menu to show your skills time when on cool downs from using them. Its really no diffrent.

I would rather have a color diffrence when your dodge is on CD like pale red (can’t dodge) verses dark red (able to dodge) or something.

Dodge Bar Time Plis

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I would rather have a color diffrence when your dodge is on CD like pale red (can’t dodge) verses dark red (able to dodge) or something.

I could get behind this. Simple change that would help some players, and change nothing for others. This is a great idea. Although I don’t think it will happen if not brought up to A-Net. They don’t really go through the forums looking for suggestions…. If they ever have a thread called “improving the ui” and ask for feedback this should go there, but other than very specific threads. They do not read the forums (They being the developers) .

Dodge Bar Time Plis

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

No. You’re thinking about it all wrong.

Not a dodge timer. An endurance counter.

100 is full endurance (150 for daredevils). 50 endurance per dodge.

That’s all you need. A counter like your health ‘bar.’

Dodge Bar Time Plis

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I’ve made too many dodge attempts that did not work because it looked like it was full, but it wasn’t q__q

The bar actually flashes when it reaches 50/100%. Though, if you’re dodging that much…. maybe something else? I dunno xD

Dodge Bar Time Plis

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

The bar actually flashes when it reaches 50/100%. Though, if you’re dodging that much…. maybe something else? I dunno xD

It’s hard to catch that flash if your eyes are busy scanning the battlefield. I like the idea further up about using colors to indicate when its ready, but maybe something more distinct than red/darker red like grey for charging and red for ready.