Does ANET punish individuals?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Anzriel.1398

Anzriel.1398

If they are selectively punishing people then how are they targeting them? Forum posts?

I got forum infraction once because I say not nice thing about arena net. It seem like all I get for few week was junk drop. This of course was RNG work not conspiracy. Just thought funny.

I once trolled on a forum post and accidentally re-rolled ranger. =/ The curse is real.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

It is you punish yourself my friend.

There are always someone luckier than you and me in real life or in game. And you can find yourself luckier than someone if you really look into your life.

If you insist to look at whats someone got and you don’t all day long, you for sure will feel yourself the most unlucky man in the world. Its a game afterall.

The way of you see things punish you thats the truth. Try look for the half filled glass of water theory, it helps.

My wife cried all night last night because my best friend’s friend is pregnant, while we still don’t have one yet tried for many years. You think a precursor really so important? i am willing to trade my dawn so my wife get a baby in a heart beat.

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

#JustRNGthings

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Magic Find’s usefulness is debatable. I personal see no value in it for very rare drops as 400% MF on something that has a 0.00001% drop rate won’t be noticeable.

I have been playing since launch on my main account, i got 300% mf and recently started a ftp account with no account mf. The difference in droprate of rare items and mats is huge in my opinion, i get more rare gear than white gear on my main account, not so much on my ftp account.

I wasn’t specifically referring to the rarity category but rather the actual rarity of the items themselves such as precursors. Having maxed MF will make very little difference for something that has a very low drop rate compared to something that has a much higher rate.

A percentual increase in drop rate raises a low droprate as much as a high one, thats basic math.

Take a drop rate of 0.01% and increase it five fold. So you’re telling me that it’s basic math that the increase is significant and noticeable?

Yes, because on average, it would give me a drop 5 times faster.

So a drop rate of 0.000000000000000000000000000000001% increasing by five fold is still significant and noticeable because it will get you the drop five times faster?

Yes, i think you got it now.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Cactus Brawler.7415

Cactus Brawler.7415

I honestly believe that some accounts are flagged for better drops that others upon creation.

They say they didn’t do it that way, but it also took six months of proof being posted daily before they admitted to a bug in people being flagged for loot.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I honestly believe that some accounts are flagged for better drops that others upon creation.

They say they didn’t do it that way, but it also took six months of proof being posted daily before they admitted to a bug in people being flagged for loot.

Have you seen any posts where people organized actual experiments or was it all based on what people remembered? If it’s the latter, it’s not proof enough (memory is fallible). You need actual data. Like farmed X cliff bats, Y risen, and Z separatists, got A greens, B, blues, C exotics, D precursors, my MF was between ## and ###. And have hundreds of drops for comparison where the MF doesn’t vary all that much?

And did it ever occur to you that it took 6 months because they wanted enough data to be able to be sure they found the cause and fixed it? Didn’t want to jump to conclusions and change something that wasn’t broken and broke it.

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

I feel your pain OP, Publisher’s Clearing House and the State Lottery have similarly flagged me for “punishment”, and it’s just not right.

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Magic Find’s usefulness is debatable. I personal see no value in it for very rare drops as 400% MF on something that has a 0.00001% drop rate won’t be noticeable.

I have been playing since launch on my main account, i got 300% mf and recently started a ftp account with no account mf. The difference in droprate of rare items and mats is huge in my opinion, i get more rare gear than white gear on my main account, not so much on my ftp account.

I wasn’t specifically referring to the rarity category but rather the actual rarity of the items themselves such as precursors. Having maxed MF will make very little difference for something that has a very low drop rate compared to something that has a much higher rate.

A percentual increase in drop rate raises a low droprate as much as a high one, thats basic math.

Take a drop rate of 0.01% and increase it five fold. So you’re telling me that it’s basic math that the increase is significant and noticeable?

So a drop rate of 0.000000000000000000000000000000001% increasing by five fold is still significant and noticeable because it will get you the drop five times faster?

I always got the five times faster thing. It’s just that I disagree with you that it’s significant. As the drop rate goes down, the amount increased by the multiplier decreases as well. With how low the drop rate may be, getting a precursor may never be realized on the player level even if it were increased five fold.

Ayrilana.1396

Source?

Edit: Oh. If you’re going to link Final Rest then you should know that it didn’t drop at all prior to when they fixed it.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Wanze.8410

I always got the five times faster thing. It’s just that I disagree with you that it’s significant. As the drop rate goes down, the amount increased by the multiplier decreases as well. With how low the drop rate may be, getting a precursor may never be realized on the player level even if it were increased five fold.

Then your issue is with the low drop rate and not magic find because magic find works the same on high and low droprates.

Your initial arguement was that mf usefulness is debatable and i disagreed.

Ayrilana.1396

Then your issue is with the low drop rate and not magic find because magic find works the same on high and low droprates.

You’ll see that I was referring to when it comes to very rare drops. I said that in the following sentence after I made that statement. MY has it’s uses when it comes to fairly regular drops and materials except this thread isn’t about those.

• Would you spend 100 dollars or euros to increase your chance of winning a lottery by 10 fold if the current chance to win was 1%?
  • Would you spend 100 dollars or euros to increase your chance of winning a lottery by 10 fold if the current chance to win was 0.000001%?

After all, you’re paying for the exact same thing, aren’t you? So paying 100 dollars or euros in either scenarios would be equally beneficial to you and equally worth the cost.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I think these lucky accounts are due to the fact that RNG, isnt really RNG, because how can you get a program to randomly select a number.
You cant you use an algorithm. The problem with algorithms is that there is a pattern, even if you cannot see one.

It can’t be that. It to meaningfully distinguish between computer-generated “pseudo-randomness” and true randomness, when you are looking at drop rates within an MMO. The difference is too little to be noticeable when comparing accounts; we just don’t get nearly enough loot for this to matter.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You’ll see that I was referring to when it comes to very rare drops. I said that in the following sentence after I made that statement. MY has it’s uses when it comes to fairly regular drops and materials except this thread isn’t about those.

• Would you spend 100 dollars or euros to increase your chance of winning a lottery by 10 fold if the current chance to win was 1%?
  • Would you spend 100 dollars or euros to increase your chance of winning a lottery by 10 fold if the current chance to win was 0.000001%?

After all, you’re paying for the exact same thing, aren’t you? So paying 100 dollars or euros in either scenarios would be equally beneficial to you and equally worth the cost.

There’s a difference between expected results and risk|reward analysis. Paying 100 dollars|euros to increase your odds increases your costs enormously, while not increasing your expected results in the short term. That said, a lot of people do that — they buy more tickets when the lottery is high value, ignoring the their chances of winning the jackpot is tiny either way and ignoring the increased likelihood of splitting their reward with someone else.

In any case, the point is moot as it applies to magic find in this game. More MF has been shown to increase your average results in the long run; it doesn’t guarantee good result in any short term comparison.

Wanze.8410

You are totally disregarding the value of the jackpot between those two lotteries.

If the jackpot of the 2nd lottery was 1000000 times higher (give or take a zero), yes, it would be equally beneficial.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Despite your sarcasm, two noobs have gotten precursor drops in the same party ahead of me. One on his first dungeon run with me guiding. At the same time I’m getting pure junk with 192%+ magic find.

The odds are against that. So, I want to know why. Does magic find actually work? Did I offend some dev?

Yes, it could be pure chance… but seeing a smart kittened noob with an attitude walk away with the precursor I have been looking for for years has me a bit kittened.

I know two people who won big at the lottery. I guess the lottery commission is against me.

Maybe you don’t understand how magic find works. 100% magic find means it doubles your chance of getting a rare or better drop and that’s all it does.

If your chance of getting a rare was .01% it’s now .02%.

Magic find definitely works but since it doesn’t affect chests and many precursors come from chests…or bags for that mater, it won’t have any bearing on anything but a drop from a mob.

Ayrilana.1396

You are totally disregarding the value of the jackpot between those two lotteries.

If the jackpot of the 2nd lottery was 1000000 times higher (give or take a zero), yes, it would be equally beneficial.

Let’s say the jackpot for both was 1,000 dollar or euros.

Why should the 2nd lottery jackpot be 1000000 times higher, or in other words, different from what the first jackpot awards? You’re paying for the same benefit which is the increase of the chance of winning by ten fold. Math is math, remember? The fact that the overall increase in the second example was smaller was irrelevant according to you.

There’s a difference between expected results and risk|reward analysis. Paying 100 dollars|euros to increase your odds increases your costs enormously, while not increasing your expected results in the short term. That said, a lot of people do that — they buy more tickets when the lottery is high value, ignoring the their chances of winning the jackpot is tiny either way and ignoring the increased likelihood of splitting their reward with someone else.

In any case, the point is moot as it applies to magic find in this game. More MF has been shown to increase your average results in the long run; it doesn’t guarantee good result in any short term comparison.

It’s not so much the about costs. The point I was trying to make is in my response to him above.

I’m arguing that the benefit that MF gives towards very rare drops is not very significant or noticeable. The benefit that you get from MF, although it multiples the drop rate the same in both cases, is not the same. The point of my lottery examples was to show this in another way so he could see where I was coming from.

If the lottery in both examples awarded the same, and everything else was exactly the same except for the chance of winning, he should have no issue with either of them and find them equal. His counter argument against my MF argument has been that MF increases both all drop rates equally so there’s no difference between the two. Well, that’s the same in this case then. However, considering that he felt that the jackpot for the second lottery should be increased, he doesn’t find them to be the same which goes against what he’s saying to counter my MF argument.

You have an item (MF or the 100 currency) which increases the probability of a successful outcome by a multiplier with the award remaining the same. The only difference being what the probability of a successful outcome was.

Wanze.8410

Why should the 2nd lottery jackpot be 1000000 times higher, or in other words, different from what the first jackpot awards?

Because the odds are a million times worse, which brings me back to a point already made:

You issue seems to be with the low rate, your 100 bucks extra payment would still increase both odds ten fold, as you stated.

A precursor is also more valuable than a white item.

(edited by Wanze.8410)

Ayrilana.1396

Why should the 2nd lottery jackpot be 1000000 times higher, or in other words, different from what the first jackpot awards?

Because the odds are a million times worse, which brings me back to a point already made:

You issue seems to be with the low rate, your 100 bucks extra payment would still increase both odds ten fold, as you stated.

You’re paying the 100 currency to increase the odds by the same multiplier. The only point of the cost was to instill a form of value.

Odds doesn’t matter because the odds to get a precursor is maybe one million times worse than getting a rare. And yet, you have no issue with that.

I don’t know what the point of your “precursor is more valuable than a white item” has to do with anything. I was not comparing about the value of the drops but the the drop rates.

Do all four provide the exact same benefit?

• Doing 100 jumping jacks increases the chance of getting a precursor from the next enemy you kill by 5 fold.
  • Doing 100 jumping jacks increases the chance of getting a rare from the next enemy you kill by 5 fold.
  • Doing 100 jumping jacks increases the chance of winning (an inherent 10% success rate) $100 from the lottery by 5 fold.
  • Doing 100 jumping jacks increases the chance of winning (an inherent 0.000001% success rate) $100 from the lottery by 5 fold.

Posted by: Skugga.5298

Skugga.5298

I think they do , but can’t prove it.

Wanze.8410

You’re paying the 100 currency to increase the odds by the same multiplier. The only point of the cost was to instill a form of value.

Odds doesn’t matter because the odds to get a precursor is maybe one million times worse than getting a rare. And yet, you have no issue with that.

I don’t know what the point of your “precursor is more valuable than a white item” has to do with anything. I was not comparing about the value of the drops but the the drop rates.

you put a specific value (100 bucks) on the option to increase the odds of winning the jackpot, therefore the value of the jackpot has to be considered in order to make an educated decision wether its a good decision to pay for the option or not.

If both lotteries had the same jackpot but one lottery had odds a million times worse than the other one, I wouldnt play that lottery in the first place, nevermind paying the 100 dollar option.

Bottom line is, if my goal is to kill as many mobs as it takes to get a precursor, I rather do it with 300% mf than 0%.

If thats debatable to you, go ahead and debate. Or do jumping jacks, if you think that helps.

(edited by Wanze.8410)

Ayrilana.1396

you put a specific value (100 bucks) on the option to increase the odds of winning the jackpot, therefore the value of the jackpot has to be considered in order to make an educated decision wether its a good decision to pay for the option or not.

If both lotteries had the same jackpot but one lottery had odds a million times worse than the other one, I wouldnt play that lottery in the first place, nevermind paying the 100 dollar option.

Bottom line is, if my goal is to kill as many mobs as it takes to get a precursor, I rather do it with 300% mf than 0%.

If thats debatable to you, go ahead and debate.

The value of the jackpot, or the odds, doesn’t matter because

… on average, it would give me a drop 5 times faster …

Or in the example’s case, 10 times faster.

Wanze.8410

The value of the jackpot doesn’t matter because

Ok, lets take values out of the equation then, also the value to pay for the option.

If the options increase the odds for winning both lotteries ten fold, i would say they are equally beneficial.

imsoenthused.1634

Ok, lets take values out of the equation then, also the value to pay for the option.

If the options increase the odds for winning both lotteries ten fold, i would say they are equally beneficial.

You are ignoring the actual chance, as the chance gets smaller, the value of improving it decreases.

In the one case, you increasing your chance 10 fold give you a 100% chance of winning. In the other, your almost no chance of winning just becomes a slightly better almost no chance of winning. Magic find is very valuable for making sure you get at least refined items, valuable for getting more masterworks, slightly valuable for getting more rares, and almost with out value when it comes to exotics and higher.

It’s pretty simple, a 192% increase in an extremely low chance of getting something is still an extremely low chance. So magic find helps your overall profits in the long run, but mainly by increasing your profits from trash drops. The increase is the same for higher rarity items, but when the starting chance is so small the actual change is unlikely to be felt by the player unless you average it out over many thousands of hours of gameplay.

Ayrilana.1396

The value of the jackpot doesn’t matter because

I’ve just been trying to argue that something like a 10% increase for $1 and $100 does not provide you the same benefit. Therefore something like a 10% increase in MF doesn’t increase the amount of probability (if that makes sense) to get a precursor as it does to get something like a rare. It’s like you increase the probability of two things by the same percentage and one has a total increase of 10% while the other has 1%. They were all increased by the same multiplier except the amount of the increase just wasn’t the same.

I wanted to describe this as utility but for one reason or another I felt it wasn’t the right term to use. I just don’t see the increase in the precursor drop rate caused by MF to be all that significant or noticeable just as you don’t don’t see the benefits being equal from increasing the probability of success in a lottery if the rates are different. MF is to the 100 bucks as the chance of getting a precursor/rare is to winning the lottery (in both examples with the differing rates) with the probability being increased for all by five fold.

We’re probably never going to agree, and I never wanted to argue with you in the first place, so I’m game if you want to stop here.

Posted by: dlmoore.7293

dlmoore.7293

I seriously think they increase the drop chances for players who are new or have been away for a while. It makes sense, they come back once on a whim and then find “oh I’m getting good stuff, I think I’ll keep playing” and they are sucked into the addiction cycle.

Wanze.8410

You are ignoring the actual chance, as the chance gets smaller, the value of improving it decreases.

In the one case, you increasing your chance 10 fold give you a 100% chance of winning. In the other, your almost no chance of winning just becomes a slightly better almost no chance of winning. Magic find is very valuable for making sure you get at least refined items, valuable for getting more masterworks, slightly valuable for getting more rares, and almost with out value when it comes to exotics and higher.

It’s pretty simple, a 192% increase in an extremely low chance of getting something is still an extremely low chance. So magic find helps your overall profits in the long run, but mainly by increasing your profits from trash drops. The increase is the same for higher rarity items, but when the starting chance is so small the actual change is unlikely to be felt by the player unless you average it out over many thousands of hours of gameplay.

Again, the benefit of the option is the same, its the odds of the lottery that are different.

And I cant think of any occasion in game where magic find increases your chance to get refined items.

imsoenthused.1634

Again, the benefit of the option is the same, its the odds of the lottery that are different.

And I cant think of any occasion in game where magic find increases your chance to get refined items.

Yes, but the VALUE of that same benefit is worlds apart. On the second point, I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that magic find only benefits drops looted off of monsters. Since the chance of getting a refined is already fairly high, magic find would benefit it the most, making you more likely to get a blue instead of a white item. I freely admit I could be mistaken about how this works though.

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Honestly it’s their own fault discussions like this rise in their forums. They made a reward system that effectively rewards luck and gambling instead of (or over) participation and commitment.

Posted by: Rukiichan.4315

Rukiichan.4315

Don’t be dumb, why the hell would they waste time singling out specific people.

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

they will tell you they dont… but they do… not even gonna argue with anyone over it so dont bother…

They don’t punish individuals. Anet doesn’t hate you.

Despite your sarcasm, two noobs have gotten precursor drops in the same party ahead of me. One on his first dungeon run with me guiding. At the same time I’m getting pure junk with 192%+ magic find.

The odds are against that. So, I want to know why. Does magic find actually work? Did I offend some dev?

Yes, it could be pure chance… but seeing a smart kittened noob with an attitude walk away with the precursor I have been looking for for years has me a bit kittened.

RNG is RNG. That’s how it goes.

ever heard of the Wi Flag?

in Asheron’s Call there was a sort of “curse” that became known as the Wi Flag, people affected by this for some reason ALWAYS drew aggro when enemies weren’t actively being tanked.

for years nobody, not even the devs, had any idea why and for a while it was simply blamed on bad luck until people did tests and it was reliably confirmed that these cursed people really WERE drawing unusual amounts of aggro.

it was eventually discovered that due to the algorithm used to determine aggro, players at the start of a list were more likely to draw aggro, whilst it was impossible for some players to draw aggro.

this list wasn’t alphabetical, or based on age, party join order, wealth, kills, deaths, armor, or even any game mechanic. it was based on a random number generated at character creation, the lower the number the “worse” your aggro-causing “curse” was.

if someone is getting statistically terrible luck consistently, it may not be RNG, it may be something wrong with the loot assignment algorithm (I mean, hell, ANet still haven’t fixed that audio memory leak, they may have something stupid like a buffer overflow that affects accounts that were created before december 2012 but after october 2012)

RNG is NOT always RNG

Ayrilana.1396

if someone is getting statistically terrible luck consistently, it may not be RNG, it may be something wrong with the loot assignment algorithm

If people are statistically getting terrible luck consistently then they have yet to prove it. The primary “evidence” that people use is “player such as such received this or that while only playing this many hours while I didn’t”. None of them have gotten into the statistics otherwise they wouldn’t have posted in the first place.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I seriously think they increase the drop chances for players who are new or have been away for a while. It makes sense, they come back once on a whim and then find “oh I’m getting good stuff, I think I’ll keep playing” and they are sucked into the addiction cycle.

This is a similar system Diablo uses, but GW2 doesn’t. It has been discussed as an option and in a thread with dev interaction, but it doesn’t exist in this game at this time.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

at the end of the day, it doesnt matter, there is no means of proving or disproving a system which behaves as one expects.

Whether your account is the victim of some sort of bad drop fate, or is actually representing real chances (if such a thing exists) is irrelevent. The data matches expected results, the why is not something they care about.

At the end of the day the system itself is to blame. Using Extreme chance as a reward mechanism is garbage, because it basically means the reward cannot by definition be considered a reward.

It comes down to a flawed reliance on probability based simulation in game design.
No random chance should be so low that people arent expected to have many/any success in 4000 hours of game play,

there are other ways to create the same levels of rarity without so low and unpredictabe a chance.

Essentially random is supposed to reduce boredom, and increase variation in response. But with chances like they currently had for precursors it does nothing at all. World drop precursors is just an arbitrary means of introducing precursors into the world based on a function of how much killing players are doing.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Some people understand randomness. Some people are fond of conspiracy theories.

Pick your side depending on level of sanity and/or education.

Cactus Brawler.7415

Source?

Edit: Oh. If you’re going to link Final Rest then you should know that it didn’t drop at all prior to when they fixed it.

Check these forums, unless Anet deleted it, it should have a red tag and over a thousand replies.

Something was happening, people were getting flagged with DR and it wasn’t turning off for them ever.

Eventually Anet did actually investigate and find a problem, but only after months of proof.

Do you not remember? The topic was on the front page for months.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Source?

Check these forums, unless Anet deleted it, it should have a red tag and over a thousand replies.

Something was happening, people were getting flagged with DR and it wasn’t turning off for them ever.

Eventually Anet did actually investigate and find a problem, but only after months of proof.

How do you know ANet didn’t start its investigation pretty quickly and just waited for enough data to make sure they had the only cause for the problem and the correct cause and not just a band aid fix?

Ayrilana.1396

Source?

Sorry but a “check the forums for a thread with a red tag” that may or may not exist doesn’t count as a source. I’m not going to do the work for you.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Source?

I don’t remember this at all and I read the forums constantly. There was a potential issue with DR on dungeon runs in 2012, but nothing about a DR bug affecting drops from kills.

The issue with Final Rest was that it only dropped from the SB chest and there was a bug affecting the chain (and maybe one affecting the drop rate from the chest, although I don’t remember if that was confirmed or only speculated upon). Once ANet figured out the root cause, Final Rest started dropping as expected from the SB chest and the price dropped to something similar to other named exotics.

Cactus Brawler.7415

Source?

How do you know ANet didn’t start its investigation pretty quickly and just waited for enough data to make sure they had the only cause for the problem and the correct cause and not just a band aid fix?

Because it went.

Day one red post “There is no problem”

People started posting evidence .

Day X red post “Guys really there is no problem”

Even more evidence posted.

Day XX red post “Okay we will look at it.”

Day XX+1 red post “Okay you were right there was a bug, we are correcting it”

Wanze.8410

Source?

Because it went.

Day one red post “There is no problem”

People started posting evidence .

Day X red post “Guys really there is no problem”

Even more evidence posted.

Day XX red post “Okay we will look at it.”

Day XX+1 red post “Okay you were right there was a bug, we are correcting it”

I dont remember this either and have been active on forums for a long time.

Link please.

Cactus Brawler.7415

Had to hunt it down but here we go.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Share-your-data-about-perceived-strange-drop-behavior-here/first

I’d have to hunt for the six or seven threads that prompted Anet to make that one, but hey after 31 pages.

“Yeah guys turns out not all our loot rules were working right.”

Ayrilana.1396

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Share-your-data-about-perceived-strange-drop-behavior-here/first

I’d have to hunt for the six or seven threads that prompted Anet to make that one, but hey after 31 pages.

Not applicable since the issue wasn’t tied to specific accounts. Anybody could have been affected by that.

“The rules by which you qualify for credit for an event or for experience when killing a mob are different rules than those used to help determine if you qualify for loot. Some of these were set up to be unintentionally restrictive, and as such you could kill a creature with a lot of health (this was most noticeable on champions) and not qualify for loot, despite qualifying for all other credit.”

It had nothing to do with the individual accounts unlike what you claim in your post:

Wanze.8410

Yeah, this had nothing to do with bad rng for specific accounts, as colin stated in that thread. The issue was with not getting loot from mostly champs, even though getting credit for the event.

Completely different issue.

Cactus Brawler.7415

Not applicable since the issue wasn’t tied to specific accounts. Anybody could have been affected by that.

“The rules by which you qualify for credit for an event or for experience when killing a mob are different rules than those used to help determine if you qualify for loot. Some of these were set up to be unintentionally restrictive, and as such you could kill a creature with a lot of health (this was most noticeable on champions) and not qualify for loot, despite qualifying for all other credit.”

It had nothing to do with the individual accounts.

Given that I was using it as an example where Anet has told us one thing, when the truth has been different, so yeah its applicable.

Perhaps Anet didn’t intend for some accounts to be flagged with a higher reward rate, but it does seem suspicious how certain accounts have win streaks that push the boundary of credibility.

When a ‘supposedly random’ computer system starts giving the same account streaks of high rewards, then maybe its time to have a check and make sure the code is working right.

After all it only took a couple of months of people going ‘Hey we’ve got an issue’ and Anet saying ‘What no there is no issue everything works right’ for them to then go ‘Okay yeah we looked it ain’t working right’.

If one account is getting a constant high reward rate, and another a constantly low reward rate, maybe its worth double checking the code, I mean last time it turned out there was an issue when Anet was sure there wasn’t.

TLDR version

Players “We are having issues with loot drops something is broken”
Anet “No you aren’t!”
Players “We are please check”
Anet “Okay turns out you are.”

Players “Why do some accounts get better/higher rewards than others?”
Anet “No they don’t”
Players “It really seems they are….”
Anet……..

(edited by Cactus Brawler.7415)

Ayrilana.1396

Given that I was using it as an example where Anet has told us one thing, when the truth has been different, so yeah its applicable.

Perhaps Anet didn’t intend for some accounts to be flagged with a higher reward rate, but it does seem suspicious how certain accounts have win streaks that push the boundary of credibility.

When a ‘supposedly random’ computer system starts giving the same account streaks of high rewards, then maybe its time to have a check and make sure the code is working right.

Read the actual thread rather than pick and choose what you want. The issue was that there were two different rule sets for event credit and loot credit. This has absolutely nothing to do with your claim that some accounts are flagged upon creation.

If you’re going to make claims then back it up with facts, such as math for example, rather than anecdotal evidence which has nothing to do with what you’re saying.

Cactus Brawler.7415

Read the actual thread rather than pick and choose what you want. The issue was that there were two different rule sets for event credit and loot credit. This has absolutely nothing to do with your claim that some accounts are flagged upon creation.

I am going to have to assume that English isn’t your first language, since you can’t grasp the idea of comparing a parties action on two related subjects, when its written quite plainly, so I will try again.

1.Anet said accounts have nothing to do with rewards, lucky accounts are just player perception.

2.Anet also said when people raised the issue that they were not getting drops, that it was just player perception.

They were wrong about 2 when they checked, so since they have never bothered to check 1, how are we supposed to believe them when they say there are no ‘lucky accounts’

Ayrilana.1396

I am going to have to assume that English isn’t your first language, since you can’t grasp the idea of comparing a parties action on two related subjects, when its written quite plainly, so I will try again.

1.Anet said accounts have nothing to do with rewards, lucky accounts are just player perception.

2.Anet also said when people raised the issue that they were not getting drops, that it was just player perception.

They were wrong about 2 when they checked, so since they have never bothered to check 1, how are we supposed to believe them when they say there are no ‘lucky accounts’

So apparently English must not be my first language since I’m not grasping something that you made up yourself? Your first post claimed that certain accounts are flagged for loot. You referenced that thread which has nothing to do with accounts but an issue with conflicting rule sets when it came to credit for loot/mob.

The fact is that you have not provided any facts to back your argument other than anecdotal evidence about what you or others have witnessed. You cited a thread which had nothing to do with certain accounts being flagged for loot upon creation. You then make the claim that since they may or may have been wrong for one thing then they must be for this (circumstantial at best).

Posted by: Loxias.2375

Loxias.2375

You have a gambling problem. =/ GW2 is a casino with an mmo-backdrop and a few easy world battles to keep people buying dress-up toys.

There is 0 value in any of those items. How much time do you spend looking at anyone else in the game? Just yourself.

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I believe there is a hidden “fortune” statistic that they aren’t telling anybody about. Some characters are always luckier than others.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Ayrilana.1396

I believe there is a hidden “fortune” statistic that they aren’t telling anybody about. Some characters are always luckier than others.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/I-have-a-question-about-the-economy/page/15#post4487484

It’s just outliers.