Does Chill affect thief's initiate regen?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

Q:

I would like to know if “chill” (-66% skill recharge rate) affects thives’ initiate regen?

And if it doesn’t ……….. shouldn’t it?!?

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

A:

Yes, it should.
However, then you end up with a bunch of crying thieves because they’re not exempt from rules others have to play by any more.

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Nope. Still affects skills 6-10 and F1.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: SupahSpankeh.8452

SupahSpankeh.8452

I lol’d.

Thieves would rebel. It’s bad enough they can’t autooneshot everyone any more, can you imagine how upset they’d be if conditions had the same effect on them as everyone else?

Incoming thief rage at merest suggestion. /popcorn

Mad Skullz | 80 Necro | Piken Square

Posted by: BadHabitZz.1856

BadHabitZz.1856

It affects them 0 cd increased by 66% is still 0….easy math guys….Also i dont know how long exactly chill lasts (i think its 3sec max) but with 4sec cd on CnD it wouldnt change that much imo you dont need that much initiative as D/D thief anyway….

(edited by BadHabitZz.1856)

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

I think all professions should be treated equally. Why should thieves have immunity to “chill” when it comes to skill recharge rate?

Chill should affect thieves’ initiative regen as it does on any other profession.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Because thieves initiative isn’t cooldowns. Thieves do not have enough initiative to use 2, 3, 4, 5 weapon swap, 2, 3, 4, 5 like other classes can. Not enough by FAR.

Chill doesn’t put your high CD skills into CD even before you used them right?

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Because thieves initiative isn’t cooldowns. Thieves do not have enough initiative to use 2, 3, 4, 5 weapon swap, 2, 3, 4, 5 like other classes can. Not enough by FAR.

Chill doesn’t put your high CD skills into CD even before you used them right?

And deciding not to use your high-cooldown skills doesn’t make you able to use your other skills twice in a row. It’s a double edged sword, dude.
It is analogous to recharge times in that it limits how much you can cast in a given time period, and regenerates over time.
Thus, as it is effectively the thief’s recharge mechanism, it should be affected by the condition that slows recharges.

Chill will limit the amount of skills a non-thief can use in a given timeframe because they take longer to recharge, but it does not do that to thief weapon skills.

stof.9341

And what about weapon swap? Other classes can weapon swap and get fresh cooldowns. Thief cannot.

Let’s just face it : even if Initiative is the “thief weapons cooldown”, the mechanic works sufficiently differently from normal cooldowns that you cannot just say “it’s the same, Chill should apply”.

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Go figure. It’s almost as if they designed thieves for a completely different game.

Posted by: Ratphink.4751

Ratphink.4751

Chill still effects all of their utilities, elites, and class mechanic. I’m also in agreement that Initiative does have its own drawbacks that I think including Chill would just add too much to that. As others have mentioned, the Thief’s finite resource pool means they can’t get as much out of weapon/attunement/kit swapping as other classes can.

If Chill did start effecting Thief Weapon skills it would have to be done more intelligently than just putting their skills on Cool Down. It would have to effect either passive Initiative Regen or Initiative Costs, and without having played a thief overly much I’m not if that kind of mechanic would be overly punitive to them or not.

Also @BadHabitz: I play a Necro almost exclusively, and if you spec into a Chill oriented build you can easily get up to 20 seconds of Chill before it gets wiped.

“I have begun my journey in a paper boat without a bottom.”

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Yes because nerfing thieves into the worst Pve class in the game wasn’t enough, lets nerf them again!

Posted by: BadHabitZz.1856

BadHabitZz.1856

Also @BadHabitz: I play a Necro almost exclusively, and if you spec into a Chill oriented build you can easily get up to 20 seconds of Chill before it gets wiped.

Ah cool thats why i said iam not sure but still, chill is condition and it can easly be removed (for an example thief with shadows embrace trait can remove 1 condition every 3 sec while in stealth but the first condition gets removed instantly!).

(edited by BadHabitZz.1856)

Posted by: Alloy.2839

Alloy.2839

Engineers and elementalists only have one weapon set.

stof.9341

Funny, how come they can make us of the “on weapon swap” sigils then?

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Go figure. It’s almost as if they designed thieves for a completely different game.

Devil May Cry: The Thief Guild Wars.

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Engineers you MIGHT get away with in your statement (only extras being Tool Belt skills and kits), but Elementalist? The profession with 20 skills per weapon, even getting benefits of weapon swap sigils when going between each set of 5? That’s asinine.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

Posted by: purpleskies.3274

purpleskies.3274

Doesn’t affect thieves, just like it (and cripple) doesn’t affect the speed of ride the lightening on eles. Thieves also get to backstab repeatedly even if they miss, are blocked or hit an invulnerable target without getting revealed.

Posted by: draner.5213

draner.5213

(I play a thief don’t hurt me) Wouldn’t it be interesting if chill increased the revealed debuff duration by say one second? The point of chill is to lower dps and slow movement, well forcing thieves out of stealth for longer would prevent some of the dps they can do during chill’s duration, though it would allow them to attempt to hide it out by not attacking (though this wouldn’t really affect thieves that don’t use stealth much, but no one seems to be upset with them)