Does Magic Find Set Helps In Farming

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

so,
if i farming cursed shore for hours
will a full magic find set will make any difrance on the amout of drops im getting?
it its only slightly better and isnt worth it

Posted by: Lutharr.1035

Lutharr.1035

tbh i tried it earlier with a booster, food and full MF set and the rates were still piss poor. The looting in the games way out of whack atm.

Go back to WoW. Most overused brainless arguement 2012-2013

Posted by: Godslayer.1203

Godslayer.1203

From my experience, it’s only real effectiveness is an increase in the chance to get higher tier crafting materials.

I’ve noticed a pretty significant increase in that aspect, and generally make 30-40% more money overall than without it.

That being said, adding 2% here or there is pointless unless your eventual end-goal is a full MF set.

Posted by: HeeHee.5208

HeeHee.5208

Not necessarily, there is still RNG so even if you have full magic find gear, it doesn’t mean you will CONSISTENTLY get better loot. i.e. some days you will get nothing, other days rares are dropping everywhere.

Personally, on average over the longer term (month or more with it), I definitely get better loot.

Posted by: Gwartham Haldane.8459

Gwartham Haldane.8459

Heres what I noticed with MF, which contradicts what the wiki states.

Running about with no mf killing mobs, 1 in 5 would drop something, anything.

Running about in full MF with food and luck sigil maxxed, I would get a lot more drops, more like 1 in 3, so getting more drops gave me more chances in the same timeframe to get better drops.

I havent used MF since they “fixed” it here supposedly a few days ago, but that was my experiences with it.

Truth is I hate the mechanic, so I salvaged all my MF sets for orbs. Decided if I have to run around with craptastic pigeon holed gear just for the sake of getting loot, I would rather just not play.

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

I bought some power/precision/magic find trinkets, before then I had zero magic find.

with zero magic find I was finding rares pretty often.

with 15% magic find equipped i’m getting junk.

I think magic find is bugging out in the opposite direction.

I strongly recommend avoiding magic find at this time.

Posted by: AveryFarman.2973

AveryFarman.2973

I bought some power/precision/magic find trinkets, before then I had zero magic find.

I have to agree with that assessment. I did an experiment yesterday, by buffing myself to (as far as I can tell) 104% Magic Find. I found no real difference in what I received after two hours of Cursed Shore gameplay.

Either Magic Find is not well implemented, or drops really are horrifyingly restricted, or there’s a combo platter of both situations, but Magic Find doesn’t appear to really matter at all, despite assurances to the contrary. Worry more about diminishing returns, and ensure you dodge that window, than about bumping up your Magic Find totals.

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

It certainly used to be helpful when farming Orr.

But since the patch, things seem to have changed. Rare drops have become exceedingly rare and Magic Find gear seems to make little difference, even @ 150%.

There is still very little objective data on Magic Find since the patch but based on the price of Ectos and anecdotal reports by players and threads here on the forums it currently seems as if Magic Find gear is largely ineffectual.

It may be a bug so don’t start deleting it just yet…but at the moment it doesn’t seem to be worth it.

Posted by: wintermute.4096

wintermute.4096

I have to agree with that assessment. I did an experiment yesterday, by buffing myself to (as far as I can tell) 104% Magic Find. I found no real difference in what I received after two hours of Cursed Shore gameplay.

Either Magic Find is not well implemented, or drops really are horrifyingly restricted, or there’s a combo platter of both situations, but Magic Find doesn’t appear to really matter at all, despite assurances to the contrary. Worry more about diminishing returns, and ensure you dodge that window, than about bumping up your Magic Find totals.

Please stop calling stuff like this an “experiment”, or “proof” for droprates working one way or another.

Whether it works or not: you definitely will not see a difference in your drops just from casually glancing at it like that. To get anywhere near “proof” about whether they really work in any given area, you would have to farm it for days (or more likely months, if you are not doing it all day), all the while noting every single mob you killed, and all the loot you got/not got in the process. It would literally take thousands of mobs to tell a difference in droprates with any degree of certainty, anything else is anecdotal evidence at best.

That being said, the general consensus seems to be it works.

(edited by wintermute.4096)