Does Overwolf NOT work on GW2 64bit client?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Not too sure if anyone else has been experiencing this slight annoyance but I cannot for the life of me get Overwolf to work when playing the 64bit client.

Has anyone found a solution?

Posted by: Rayden.3695

Rayden.3695

pfff, mine just patched itself automatically after a week or so of the horror of being without it. However you might want to try just reinstalling overwolf and hoping for the best.

Zephyra.4709

pfff, mine just patched itself automatically after a week or so of the horror of being without it. However you might want to try just reinstalling overwolf and hoping for the best.

I’ve literally tried it 3 times now;

1st time was straight after 64bit client was released (Windows 7) did not work.

2nd time was this year I un-installed Overwolf entirely and re-installed… same thing does not work.

3rd time was just a few days ago when I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8 and got the free Windows 10 upgrade and it still ceases to work on the 64bit client so I am out of ideas.. sigh.

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

About the only thing I use Overwolf for is teamspeak / gamevox to see who’s speaking, and it hasn’t been working for me lately. It’s annoying.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

About the only thing I use Overwolf for is teamspeak / gamevox to see who’s speaking, and it hasn’t been working for me lately. It’s annoying.

There are normal TS3 plugins that allow you to see whose talking.

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

I’ve been running the 64-bit GW2 client exclusively for a good while now under Windows 7 in fullscreen, and Overwolf is working just fine for me. That goes both for the TS3 plugin and GW2 Pocket Knife.

(edited by Gudy.3607)

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I had problems with it after I installed 64bit version but a week later I noticed what the problem was, I had forgot that by using 64bit version I needed to adjust some setting in the options and one of these where the windowed mode. It all works now.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Just rename gw2-64.exe to gw2.exe

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Zephyra.4709

Ok I’ll try this out.

Also as others have stated regarding TS3 mine always disconnects literally every 1-2 minutes and I hope it’s not anything to do with Overwolf but that is another problem entirely.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Ok I’ll try this out.

Also as others have stated regarding TS3 mine always disconnects literally every 1-2 minutes and I hope it’s not anything to do with Overwolf but that is another problem entirely.

It helped me at least for the fact that it didn’t stayed in front with ge2-64.exe.
After renaming it stayed in front.

Must say i never else used Overwolf but TS3 Overlay .. however that crashes the
client, and since i never had OOM crashes i went back to the 32-bit exe for that
reason.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.