Does Speedy Reader achievement exist?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: rotheche.2964

rotheche.2964

Q:

Over in the wiki, there’s some discussion about whether the Speedy Reader achievement still exists or if it got lost recently.

I’ve just run through and read all of the Founding books, but no achievement medal and no change to numbers.

Not a big deal, obviously, but there’s some speculation about it on the discussion page, and it’s be nice to get something definite.

Lilli Varss [OW]
Easily distracted mes—SQUIRREL!
GOM

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Ive done it before, I dont know if they removed it, but I definitely unlocked it.

EDIT: here is me finishing it.

Attachments:

(edited by Zenyatoo.4059)

rotheche.2964

Yeah, the comments on the discussion page saying it seems to have gone are pretty recent—the last ten days or so.

Lilli Varss [OW]
GOM

Posted by: Zedrix.2104

Zedrix.2104

Just tried it, went through all 20 books but didnt work.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I just did this also. No achievement awarded. Boo. I say, boo.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I did it quite some time ago. Around October. And got the pop-up confirmation. I don’t think there is any way to check it in your achievement list after unlocking it though. Which makes for more confusion. I recall because I was disappointed the organ in the last building didn’t work anymore.

People have been saying it hasn’t been working recently though. Maybe something broke.

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

I tried it a few weeks back an the organ was working, I tried a few weeks before that but the organ was not. Perhaps it resets on server reset? I cannot recall if I have got this achievement but I know I have tried for it several times.

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

rotheche.2964

I just ran it again: the organ is working, but no achievement. Read books in order, without interruption; no achievement popping up.

Maybe there’s a time limit as well…

Lilli Varss [OW]
GOM

Posted by: Order of Venvardis.6073

Order of Venvardis.6073

As of Saturday, May 18th, this achievement is still either bugged or not in existence any longer. I read all of the books and no achievement, but since it’s hidden I don’t know if it’s just not working or gone completely.

Some confirmation from ANet would be nice or else people will continue to attempt the achievement in vain!

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Speedy Reader is back up as of the July 9 patch per http://dulfy.net/2013/07/10/gw2-speedy-reader-the-founding-of-ebonhawke-achievement-guide/

You do have to check to see if you got it once you are finished since it does not have a pop up that tells you.

Also added is the Cleaning Up the Neighborhood Separatist Propaganda achievement. http://dulfy.net/2013/07/10/gw2-cleaning-up-the-neighborhood-separatist-propaganda-achievement-guide/

This one does pop up telling you if you got it.

Both were nice change of paces from jumping puzzles etc. I especially liked the speedy reader one because you also learned some history. Hopefully ANet will put something like this in all the cities and elsewhere so we can learn more about the areas we are in. Loved it, thanks ANet.

Posted by: Jure Simich.6154

Jure Simich.6154

I’ve done both the achievements just yesterday. You do have to do them in one single sitting – no map travel, dieing or so.