Does WvW'ing aid in getting ascended armor?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: despair.1385

despair.1385

besides the ascended ring u can get from chests, does doing WvW reward you with the materials or stuff needed to get ascended armor? basically is there a point to WvW’ing if u want to get ascended armor or r u forced to PvE to get it

Posted by: Mochann.5298

Mochann.5298

Dragonite Ore is the only thing worth doing WvW for. Everything else is much better done elsewhere like Dungeons or Fractals or Champ Training.

#ELEtism on Eredon Terrace

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

You can do anything to earn ascended armor. Because to get ascended armor all you need is gold. And pretty much all the currency can be converted to gold.

But the difference is some activity earns you gold much faster.

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

You can solo supply camps and they drop Emp Shards

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: despair.1385

despair.1385

You can do anything to earn ascended armor. Because to get ascended armor all you need is gold. And pretty much all the currency can be converted to gold.

ascended armor cannot be bought from trading post so i am assuming u mean buying all the materials with gold? so ur saying all the ascended armor materials can be bought from trading post?

(btw i am referring to entire ascended armor set not just a piece or two)

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

WvW is perfectly fine for gathering the mats as long as towers and keeps are being taken.

… I still want tengu.

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

You can solo supply camps and they drop Emp Shards

In EOTM at least, empyreal fragments drop from any champ chest at any keep, tower etc – I find you can obtain quite a lot very quickly in this area.

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

If you want loot, don’t do wvw. Outside of a glorified karma train with the enemy (like a champ train), you won’t make any money.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

ascended armor cannot be bought from trading post so i am assuming u mean buying all the materials with gold? so ur saying all the ascended armor materials can be bought from trading post?

(btw i am referring to entire ascended armor set not just a piece or two)

Pretty much. You need gold, karma, dragonite ore, empyreal fragment, pile of bloodstone dust, skill points. Everything can be earned in wvw.

It’s just much faster if you spend some time outside of wvw.

Getting ascended gear take a while even for people dedicated to farm it fast. It’ll take much longer if you just play normally.

(edited by laokoko.7403)