Does anyone else miss farming Cursed Shore?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

people will always goes for the most cost effective route.

Posted by: zBluRrYz.1347

zBluRrYz.1347

CoF farming is NOT the fastest way to get gold. I’m sorry. Explore the game a bit more and find little farm spots here and there and there are definitly better ones.

Legends Never [DIE].
B L U R R Y. Thiefy Thief Thief

Posted by: Arcade Fire.4895

Arcade Fire.4895

People were also more or less forced into farming CoF. There is NOTHING that can compare to farming those runs (which is extremely mind numbing).

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I miss farming CS, I still try sometimes but it’s just not the same anymore. ATM I find farming sharks is the next best thing. PLay a little TP/Crafting also and found recipes worth investing in.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

CoF farming is NOT the fastest way to get gold. I’m sorry. Explore the game a bit more and find little farm spots here and there and there are definitly better ones.

but … but …
i didn’t say CoF farming is the fastest way to get gold. O_O

Posted by: Desmond.5396

Desmond.5396

Off-topic but, great band!

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

Because I sure do. I don’t know about you guys but this game has turned into CoF Wars 2 and it is boring the kitten out of me. There are no other viable options that come even remotely close to Cof.

I stopped farming it 1-2 weeks after the November 15th loot nerf, It was really really fun doing Plinx and Grenth chains and getting anywhere from 1-20 rare drops EACH time (yes 1-20 lol I’ve gotten 20 rares from the Grenth event if not more multiple times)
Sadly thats all gone it was blatantly obvious the loot was nerfed around the time DR was introduced, and now the awesome launch time loot is gone, Plinx is on a much longer timer, and all the mobs got buffed. I feel bad for those that never saw the true glory days of Orr farming.

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

I surely miss Orr (CS) farming and the enjoyment of killing waves of mabs for even small income. Now it has become waiting game with 80% of mobs not dropping anything because… they are spawns from other mob.

CoF farming IS boring, not very profitable most of the time and will be nerfed soon as it is the last place where players can get some cash faster than ANET allows us to get.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

It might have been my imagination, but yesterday after the patch, events seemed to be spawning in the Cursed Shore at a more rapid rate. It made me think maybe we got a stealth buff to the timers. I got rotten drops though, so it was good I was just trying to get some karma for a skin.

Posted by: karmakill.5931

karmakill.5931

i have ran cof few times with my zerker warr and 3 others like me along with a mesmer, was insanly fast an very profitable, but not the best way to farm, i can tell you why, my best friend farms cof for gold, i do something else:
use gw2stuff tool, guest 2 servers, do in rotation like this, melandru – protect 2nd beacon, gates of arah, grenth and bathazar (doesnt matter if they fail), eye of zhaitan. Along side those make sure to kill all the other bosses each day (dont bother with jormag or taidha) and at the end of it all i always gain more then my friend farming cof, i make about 30g each day from this (by day i mean few hours i play), and i could do more if i had more time ofc, because i can always repeat those temples in orr since the real value is in the waves of undead and not the daily chests. Also the trick is to use a class/weapon that allows you to hit all enemies during those temple pre events, u wanna be tagging all mobs.

(edited by karmakill.5931)

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I do a little bit of Cursed Shore farming from time to time, but it is not the same. Large scale events like Temple of Grenth and Temple of Melandru still are a good way to get lots of drops. But there is a lot of down time between events now, that didn’t use to be there. The long down time of Plinxx really is a shame, because that was a nice event to farm.

Also, the issues with the Temple of Grenth make it hard to complete. Invisible exploding enemies, instant death, and total FPS apocalypse. That event could use some tuning.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Yes… I usally did all my world events everyday, maybe a few dungeons and then i went farming. I really did enjoy farming. Seriously. But now, i do my world events, log of… Nothing more to do in this game, except WvW but i really need some gold now so i wont bother with it yet

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I can get about 15 gold a day (4-5 hours of play time) if I just farm CoF with a berserker team. If there is a more lucrative place than this, I would love to know about it.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Yeaaaah sure. Have you even done Cof1?

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Because I sure do. I don’t know about you guys but this game has turned into CoF Wars 2 and it is boring the kitten out of me. There are no other viable options that come even remotely close to Cof.

I miss it tremendously because it’s the most relaxing farm. You’d farm for 5-10 minutes straight and then have 10-15 minutes of break where you could collect or talk to other people waiting.

It’s also the only place where you get to play the game and get to know your server well. In WvW everyone is serious so there is no time to meet people and Lion’s Arch is full of AFK’s or people just idling by to wait for something.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I miss the CS farming. I don’t like what Anet has done to Orr in general. It’s an even more unpleasant place now. The zones are littered with shrines that create frustrating AoE that is no fun to deal with. There are a multitude of event chains that go undone because of the lack of people, and thus everything is contested.