Does anyone get bored of their legendary/s?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tempest.9056

Tempest.9056

I have made and kept several legendaries. My question is simply is there anyone else that has gotten bored with the skins? And while it’s easy enough to change the look back, is it odd to transmute them?
I enjoy changing the looks of my characters, and now I feel stuck with the legendary skins.
I stopped making them for me and only make them to sell now.
Just curious if anyone else ever feels the same way…

Queen of Harts – Ivy Hart

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Not so far.

My first legendary was The Dreamer. I made it about 3 years ago and even now every so often I find myself smiling at the absurdity of shooting unicorns at people.

The weapon itself is an issue sometimes, when I want to put the character in darker colours. But she also wears the Fire Gods Vambraces (which could be awkward given recent events) and I have a tendency to put other ‘silly’ things on her, like quaggan backpacks so most of the time it’s not a problem. And whatever she’s wearing her main colour is purple so it sort-of fits.

My 2nd is The Bifrost (yes I like rainbows) and that’s still quite new, I finished it shortly before Christmas but part of the reason there was a big gap between the two is I wanted to be sure I wanted it. I’ve admired it whenever I saw it so I don’t think it’ll be a problem.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I haven’t used my Sunrise skin in a while.
My guardian uses Ad Infinitum, though, since that kinda fits the guardian’s theme.

And I used to believe that the Dreamer was the most annoying and obnoxious thing in the game, until they released the SAB gliders.. that’s when I realized the Dreamer was the second most annoying and obnoxious thing in the game. And the reason I hope this game never gets mounts is because I’m scared anet will make SAB mounts …
.. my sweat’s running cold. I rather raid with everyone wielding The Dreamer before I ever see another SAB glider (or mount)

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

I have made and kept several legendaries. My question is simply is there anyone else that has gotten bored with the skins? And while it’s easy enough to change the look back, is it odd to transmute them?
I enjoy changing the looks of my characters, and now I feel stuck with the legendary skins.

It’s absolutely reasonable and appropriate to feel bored with a legendary skin, just as with any skin at all. Changing things up is fine, and even transmuting to a non-legendary look is perfectly fine. Enjoy it.

If just one look was enough forever, what on earth would we all do at 80, in fashion wars?!?

Tempest.9056

LOL. I guess that makes sense. I have just not talked to or seen anyone talk about it in game and was wondering. I mean, yeah, it was work. But it was also something to do. That I enjoyed doing. However, I have found that I am totally bored with the look. And there are a couple of the black lion sets I actually do like.
<3

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

This is the main reason I stick with Ascended over Legendary. Yes it would be nice to stat change but I know I will constantly change the look to the newest skin so I just make multiple Ascended with different stats and skin them. Not to mention its cheaper lol.

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

I understand exactly how you feel. It may be for slightly different reasons though. We start out making whatever precursor we get and that can be a real issue if we like one type of content but the eventual Legendary weapon doesn’t fit that content or play style.
I think it would be cool if we got a one time option when we loot a precursor, on three different precursors. Ranged, Melee and Underwater would give players a more specific long term goal to go for, and help the Devs with understanding player preference.
I bet if you have a legendary, then you have many other cool skins. Try mixing them up.
I played a multi armor type, multicolored, for awhile and it was easy to pick out in a crowd but pretty absurd looking. Maybe there is a way to farm transmutation crystals that would make experimentation easier too.

Finally, considering the time and effort involved in obtaining one, I’d think many players would like to see more adjustments made to Legendary Weapons looks and visual effects, even at the cost of some new content.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

My first and only is Bifrost, which I got before HoT. I liked the look of it, but never really understood how busy it was going to be while moving. Not a fan of the rainbow effect behind me (as I’m not a fan of all the woosh effects behind me when I’m running in cities faster with the Pact Commander mastery).

So I skinned it as the healing version of the ascended staff, white chandelier with white engravings.

Sadly for me, I don’t really like a lot of the higher end skins. I like plain and smaller skins. Not a fan of surfboard great swords.

I liked getting the legendary because it gave me something to shoot for. I liked the journey. I was thinking about picking one out to do post HoT rules so I could experience that process, but haven’t picked on out to focus on.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It might help that I have 9 permanent characters and regularly make (and delete) others. So even though my ranger has been using The Dreamer for years I still get to use a lot of different weapons and put together different looks for my characters.

I can imagine it’d get boring faster if you only have 1 or 2 characters.

Ultimately it’s your character and your legendary. There’s no harm in transmuting it so there’s no reason not to do it if you want to.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

(edited by Danikat.8537)

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

I stay selective with how I use each of my legendaries and more according to character themes. One or two characters have atleast one to two on them.

And I like to play around with builds, so no. I also improvise with other skins to keep from getting burnt out.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I got bored of OTHER PEOPLE tacky, bulky and noisy legendaries in a few minutes. I can’t even imagine how fast I would transmute mine if I made one.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

The boring part about the legendaries is that they all look the same.

Had they given people the option to dye them (or select from a list of pre-made colors for the weapon) or at least left the effects on one’s arm and the footsteps to always display, even when transmuting the skin, that would have let to not everyone running around with the same gear.

The more people you see carrying “your” legendary, the less fun it becomes, because it stops feeling “unique”.

Posted by: Zizeff.7423

Zizeff.7423

I love my Juggernaut but i can’t stand looking at the quicksilver effect on leather armour it’s a shame lol but it does look good on most heavy armour but since it’s on a scrapper it got transmuted.

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Any legendaries recommended for my ele and rev? I have never looked much into them before. I want ones that do unique things like trails.

(edited by Ryou.2398)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Bored? No … but Nevermore’s cawing while gathering is horrible. Almost as bad as the kitten horse.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Bored? No … but Nevermore’s cawing while gathering is horrible. Almost as bad as the kitten horse.

Agreed. It gets on my nerves as well from time to time.

Posted by: imadous.7094

imadous.7094

:p I guess this happens if you have “that many” legendary’s lol.
i don’t even dream of having one myself. nor i have the time to play enough to craft one nor i could drop couple of thousands gold (insane price) to buy one. so i find getting bored of them quite .. mind-blowing to be honest xD .. How Come! it’s like getting bored of a Ferrari! ^^

Khisanth.2948

i don’t even dream of having one myself. nor i have the time to play enough to craft one nor i could drop couple of thousands gold (insane price) to buy one. so i find getting bored of them quite .. mind-blowing to be honest xD .. How Come! it’s like getting bored of a Ferrari! ^^

They aren’t as difficult to get as you think if you plan to play the game for at least a year. Just need to avoid throwing your stuff towards other things.

Posted by: imadous.7094

imadous.7094

They aren’t as difficult to get as you think if you plan to play the game for at least a year. Just need to avoid throwing your stuff towards other things.

really? .. i saw a video last time of a guy walk through to make the legendary weapon Twilight and man .. it was hell. he had to do a lot of WvW/ jumping puzzles/getting help from many of his friends. it felt … so far away for a guy like me. Unless something changed that is and they’re not as difficult to get as before.

Khisanth.2948

It’s around 6-10 hours of WvW total. Alternatively it can be 0 hours if you have the Badges to do it through the the Big Spender daily and some of the other easy WvW dailies. You could also do it in Edge of the Mist instead which will increase the time but it is mostly the same as PvE in there.

If you get the precursor through crafting the actual requirements will depend on the specific weapon. Most recently I had to go kill the legendary giant in Dry Top. That is probably one of the more annoying requirements.

Posted by: DirtyDan.4759

DirtyDan.4759

99% of the time I play Ele. I got the Incinerator and Nevermore. Only thing that bothers me is that the Dagger makes in combination with projectile attacks like Fire#1 (Dragonclaw) an pretty annoying sound. Also with Water#1 (Vaporblade); the pretty blade gets replaced with a circulating fire dagger, which looks quite strange.
Luckily I mainly play Fresh Air builds with dagger and camp mostly on air, so i rarely use the alternated skills.

In terms of looks: Today I enjoy using both the same as the first day I got them. Making Nevermore brought me back into the game.

The best part of Nevermore was the crafting and achievement hunting. I crafted Twilight, sold it and crafted Nevermore with ~500g “profit”

(edited by DirtyDan.4759)

Posted by: BlackIsleDragon.7516

BlackIsleDragon.7516

I have not made many Legendary items, only 2 to be exact. Ad Infinitium is almost always on my main… I can think of about 2 days that I did not display the back, but that is it. The other Legendary I made was Kraitkin, and I love that skin. I main a Condi Necro, so I never change weapons underwater, always a trident. Personally, I don’t think any of the Legendary weapons fit the style of my Necro, thus I have not made them. I use Teq’s Sunless Weapons, and don’t plan on changing them anytime soon (unless a similar themed Legendary comes out).

Tempest.9056

This is the main reason I stick with Ascended over Legendary. Yes it would be nice to stat change but I know I will constantly change the look to the newest skin so I just make multiple Ascended with different stats and skin them. Not to mention its cheaper lol.

Sad part is… I may have stat changed 3 times ever…. I have 14 permanent characters and they are all different builds for different things so I don’t have to change whenever I go to do something else. (and TBH, I am just obsessed with making new ones – And I have deleted more than I have made. lol)

It might help that I have 9 permanent characters and regularly make (and delete) others. So even though my ranger has been using The Dreamer for years I still get to use a lot of different weapons and put together different looks for my characters.

I can imagine it’d get boring faster if you only have 1 or 2 characters.

Same here…..

really? .. i saw a video last time of a guy walk through to make the legendary weapon Twilight and man .. it was hell. he had to do a lot of WvW/ jumping puzzles/getting help from many of his friends. it felt … so far away for a guy like me. Unless something changed that is and they’re not as difficult to get as before.

They are more difficult to craft in the new way. It’s a goal to shoot for if you want something to do…That is where the jumping puzzles, etc. come in. However…. almost all of them are not only easier, but far cheaper to make the old way. And I get my gifts of battle usually simply through dailies. I don’t rush.

Tempest.9056

Oh, and thank you all for your input. I always appreciate other people;s thoughts.

Posted by: Emmibolt.3928

Emmibolt.3928

I have actually got bored of OTHER peoples legendaries. And this makes me want to make my own even less.

Sitting on leafokudz, chosen, storm, dreamer, and Venom.
Completely no interest in making. I keep only for bl key gambling money. Legendaries are EVERYWHERE. Too common place.

Even the peasants have legendaries. My cousin Bilo has legendaries.
I cannot walk around anywhere without seeing one.

They are COMMON.
and this is why I am bored of them.

Tempest.9056

I have actually got bored of OTHER peoples legendaries. And this makes me want to make my own even less.

Sitting on leafokudz, chosen, storm, dreamer, and Venom.
Completely no interest in making. I keep only for bl key gambling money. Legendaries are EVERYWHERE. Too common place.

Even the peasants have legendaries. My cousin Bilo has legendaries.
I cannot walk around anywhere without seeing one.

They are COMMON.
and this is why I am bored of them.

I did not do my first one until crafting the pres came into play. And did the other 3. And sold a few in between. I totally understand what you are saying as well. I do feel a lot less odd about covering those skins now. It was just gold so no biggie there. And most of mine have ascended and I am making for the ones that don’t. Since this was posted, I have re-skinned quite a few of my weapons. And am just making to sell now. Pretty decent profit and not difficult since I do all areas of the game so I can get the gifts easily (still have 28 gifts of exploration sitting in bank – which is what made me decide to start making and selling.)

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Twilight → Ebon Vanguard GS
Kudzu → Ebon Vanguard LB

I changed them from far more common legendary skins to something I almost never see. The Vanguard skins seem to fit my main better then the legendary ones. I do still use the Twilight skin on a couple other characters that don’t see near as much action as my main.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I end up transmuting my bifrost to the Priory staff every time I want to do pvp or wvw, or even fractals – less negativity directed at you if you don’t use flashy gear in those gamemodes.

In pve I transmute back to the normal bifrost skin because I find it looks nice.

Posted by: Nate.8146

Nate.8146

Isn’t owning and showing a legendary more of a status symbol? The have vs the have not? :P

I don’t get bored of my predator simply because I main an engineer and well.. we don’t get to see our primary weapon very much So for me, throwing fireball barrage is a nice bonus. Or using the 10% fire rate trait with elixir U quickness for 10s to drown out everyone with my pew pew sounds. It sounds even crazier when other predators join along.

Now if Anet gave us titles for the legendaries we unlock, that would be sick. Running around as “The Predator” would be awesome.

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

i got bored of them before getting one
ill never try to explore tangled depths again

action combat made mmos better lol

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

There seems to be some confusion over the two different kinds of Legendary Weapons.

The original Legendary Weapons have set lists of components needed but they require no Hot content to obtain, only the Precursor needs to be looted by the player. The New Legendary Weapons require doing Hot content to make the Precursor and then make the Weapon. The original Precursors can be purchased from the Market but the new Precursors must be made and are not sellable.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I got bored of OTHER PEOPLE tacky, bulky and noisy legendaries in a few minutes. I can’t even imagine how fast I would transmute mine if I made one.

This.

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

Personally I’ve decided to never get one. If a new skin from BL goes for 50g, and one single legendary is 3000g… what the hell is the point of the grind item other than the grind. And I don’t even like grind, so it’s not much of an issue for me, I’ll just buy lots of stuff instead and enjoy it all the time.

Posted by: Sister Saxifrage.7361

Sister Saxifrage.7361

I play my ranger a LOT, and I haven’t gotten tired of her Dreamer. When I run into someone else wielding it there’s a sense of mutual delight, like, “EYYYYY!” And then we both fill the air with the singing of our unicorns. But then it’s a very silly and lighthearted weapon – it’s impossible to feel too serious while playing with it.

Edit: You know what I can’t do though? Wings. Wings and 90% of backpacks. I spend a lot of time making sure my toons have beautiful weapons that fit their look, and if those weapons are 2-handed or shields they’re going to be stowed on the back, and anything else on the back is just going to create a clipping-ridden mess that wobbles irritatingly from side to side when the toon runs (on humanoids anyway – I remember the exact same wobble from GW1, like the whole shoulder blade area is made of jello).

(edited by Sister Saxifrage.7361)