Does anyone have the i7-4790k?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

If so, how does it run with a large group of people such as during teq? Is there still a big drop in fps?

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: Jolene.7316

Jolene.7316

I have the 4790k, it is looooooooooooooovelyyyyyyyyyyy!

Not tried tequila, but during Jormag it handled everything smoothly and frame rate stayed pretty good, even with my aging Radeon HD 5770.

I’ll see if I can try with tequila and update the thread.

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Curious myself. I’m pricing out upgrades. Will check back when Jolene updates.

(My poor old i7 920 crawls down to 15 FPS in large zergs, even with the r290 card.)

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

I’ve got the 4790k @ 4,6ghz and believe it doesn’t go over 80% with GW2.

There’s always a huge drop in FPS, I go from 40-60 fps to 7-11 on full maps world bosses. (Karka, Svanir)

GPU: GTX770

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

I’m on a 4790k, and I can confirm that there are huge drops in FPS when massive crowds assemble, though my CPU load doesn’t exactly reflect why, nor do its temps, both of which never even threaten to go into unreasonable extremes.

I’m on a single GTX 780 w/4gb gddr5 and have 16gb of system ram.

I suspect GW2’s engine of being the culprit.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

One theory I’ve heard was:
That the servers aren’t capable of feeding your pc with the required information, which causes the lagg aka fps drop.

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

stale.9785

Define “huge drops”? I’m not expecting a system upgrade to grant me 100FPS all the time – but I’d love to have something more consistent than 60 fps everywhere except wvw/maw/jormag – where it becomes 15.

I actually suspect it’s all the particle effects that are the major issue – rendering that many different sets of effects from a skrittload of users seems to be the major culprit when my FPS does a skydive.

i7 920 @ 3.2ghz
r280 @ 3 GB vram
12GB system ram

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Don’t believe ALL of the cpu-bound hype about GW2’s engine.

Upgrading from an i5-750 to an i5-4670k gave me a small boost.
Upgrading from an HD 6870 to an R9 290 gave me a large boost.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

naiasonod.9265

Define “huge drops”? I’m not expecting a system upgrade to grant me 100FPS all the time – but I’d love to have something more consistent than 60 fps everywhere except wvw/maw/jormag – where it becomes 15.

I actually suspect it’s all the particle effects that are the major issue – rendering that many different sets of effects from a skrittload of users seems to be the major culprit when my FPS does a skydive.

i7 920 @ 3.2ghz
r280 @ 3 GB vram
12GB system ram

For me, ‘huge drops’ are going from a very consistent 60 (I lock my fps to 60 and use vsync) down into high teens, low 20’s during all-out giant zerg collisions in wvw, sometimes teq and usually karka queen.

Jormag usually crashes me if my audio settings aren’t cranked to minimum. Buggered if I know why that is, but that fight tends to chew the fps down to the high teens/low 20’s too.

Jolene.7316

Karka dropped to about 20fps with everyone on screen.

My settings – see attachment

Attachments:

stale.9785

i7 920 @ 3.2ghz
r280 @ 3 GB vram
12GB system ram

For me, ‘huge drops’ are going from a very consistent 60 (I lock my fps to 60 and use vsync) down into high teens, low 20’s during all-out giant zerg collisions in wvw, sometimes teq and usually karka queen.

Jormag usually crashes me if my audio settings aren’t cranked to minimum. Buggered if I know why that is, but that fight tends to chew the fps down to the high teens/low 20’s too.

Huh – maybe I will put off the upgrade then. (Other than kitten. I WANT a SSD!!!!) However, with that much more CPU power, and what appears to be zero improvement over my system, I’m not sure it’s worth the hassle.

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Think of your system as a 4-man relay. If one runner is slow, your whole performance will be low.

With that said, you cannot focus on CPU and GPU alone. All data are stored in your hard drive and if your hard drive cannot keep up with the CPU’s and GPU’s demands, your system will only be as fast as your hard drive can go.

So to get the full potential out of an i7 you need to also upgrade your MB, your RAM and your hard drive, preferable an SSD.

However all these will mean nothing if the issue is on the Anet’s server.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

Then again, certain parts of that 4man relay are more important than others. A GPU that will not bottleneck GW2 is pretty affordable, a CPU that can do the same for Tequatl at maximum character limit will set you back the equivalent of a midrange gaming PC. I am running the game with an OCed i5 4670k (@4.3Ghz), 2x GTX 770, SSD, 1866 RAM, asrock extreme Mobo and in the above mentioned scenario the game is an unplayable slideshow.

naiasonod.9265

Think of your system as a 4-man relay. If one runner is slow, your whole performance will be low.

With that said, you cannot focus on CPU and GPU alone. All data are stored in your hard drive and if your hard drive cannot keep up with the CPU’s and GPU’s demands, your system will only be as fast as your hard drive can go.

So to get the full potential out of an i7 you need to also upgrade your MB, your RAM and your hard drive, preferable an SSD.

All good and salient points, right here. I noticed improvements on load times when zoning into new areas when I installed GW2 onto one of my SSD’s many moons ago.

Didn’t seem to have any impact that I recall on FPS though. When I upgraded from my old GTX 580 to the 780 a while back, that made a significant improvement to keeping a stable 60 fps @ 1920×1080p at max settings/normal sampling.

Gotta say, GW2 seems to love a powerhouse GPU as much as it loves a strong CPU. I often hear it said that its more CPU intensive, but I’m not sure I buy that. Seems to me to be a fairly demanding game all around, when you get some business going on screen.

Sir Vincent III.1286

All good and salient points, right here. I noticed improvements on load times when zoning into new areas when I installed GW2 onto one of my SSD’s many moons ago.

Didn’t seem to have any impact that I recall on FPS though. When I upgraded from my old GTX 580 to the 780 a while back, that made a significant improvement to keeping a stable 60 fps @ 1920×1080p at max settings/normal sampling.

Gotta say, GW2 seems to love a powerhouse GPU as much as it loves a strong CPU. I often hear it said that its more CPU intensive, but I’m not sure I buy that. Seems to me to be a fairly demanding game all around, when you get some business going on screen.

Anything to do with FPS, textures, etc are sent to the GPU. Everything else are sent to the CPU. Back in the days, GPU shares RAM with the CPU, but the GPU nowadays carries their own RAM on their board.

Now the SSD supplies data to two RAMs; your computer RAM and the GRAM so it needs to be really fast at delivering the data.

However, if your MB cannot handle the amount of data coming from the SSD, you have yourself what we call a “data traffic jam”. This is is why the MB is also needs to be upgraded with as many “lanes” as possible.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

I think you will find it has nothing to do with your CPU or data/ssd/mb

Try changing character model limit in graphic settings down to medium or lower and you will notice your frame rate stays high in the big events. It’s trying to load 300 peoples armour every frame.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yup, try to adjust the character model limit. i always set it to lowest when doing PvE, and change it to medium when doing PvP or WvW.

you don’t need to render all the other players’ character when doing the world boss.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: MikeyGrey.2496

MikeyGrey.2496

Mine is i7-4790 @ 4 ghz, 16 gb ram, ssd & gtx 760. all settings maxed @ full hd framerate on empty map is around 200, major cities at 100-150 (depending) and middle of zerg drops to 20 something. I seriously doubt if outcome will change much with a stronger rig; problem is on both ends & fixing one side wont do much. Even right now my toon is standing in la & cpu @ 26%, ram 20%, ssd 0-5% usage. I have yet to hear my fans go off even once middle of the game & it never broke 50% usage (i get a notification when/if anything does use that much).
At this point it may very well be overkill for GW2 but there are other benefits. Playing RE5 I bought recently off of steam sales (last time played on ps3) and wow… it looks amazing at maxed settings.

Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind

(edited by MikeyGrey.2496)

circuitnerd.5863

yup, try to adjust the character model limit. i always set it to lowest when doing PvE, and change it to medium when doing PvP or WvW.

you don’t need to render all the other players’ character when doing the world boss.

Yea currently everything is on high except model quality and limit (which both are at low). Out running by myself a constant between 90-120 fps. In LA I get around 40-45 although bottlenecks a bit at first when loading in. WvW though it drops down to the low 20s often when its 10+ or more for both sides.

Current hardware
i5-3550 quad core 3.4 ghz
GTX 770
8 gigs ram, 1333 mhz

Certified Gameaholic

circuitnerd.5863

Mine is i7-4790 @ 4 ghz, 16 gb ram, ssd & gtx 760. all settings maxed @ full hd framerate on empty map is around 200, major cities at 100-150 (depending) and middle of zerg drops to 20 something. I seriously doubt if outcome will change much with a stronger rig; problem is on both ends & fixing one side wont do much. Even right now my toon is standing in la & cpu @ 26%, ram 20%, ssd 0-5% usage. I have yet to hear my fans go off even once middle of the game & it never broke 50% usage (i get a notification when/if anything does use that much).
At this point it may very well be overkill for GW2 but there are other benefits. Playing RE5 I bought recently off of steam sales (last time played on ps3) and wow… it looks amazing at maxed settings.

Hmm yea my CPU is currently hovering between 68-78% standing in LA looking at the forge. The memory is at 52% (4.11 gb used)

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

hmm not sure why, but my CPU utilization is always above 90% when there are many players around, especially when zerging in silverwaste or doing the world boss.

i’m using i5-3450.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Rainmaker.7594

Rainmaker.7594

SSD vs HDD only affects loading times. It will not give you any extra fps (unless if you’re using some ancient IDE HDD, then maybe in certain situations). There will always be a fps drop in zergs. Also, this game is more CPU bound than GPU bound, which is why resolution seems to have very little impact on fps (I went from 1920×1200 to 2560×1600 and only lost maybe 2 fps on a HD7970 with max settings). Of course, upgrading the GPU 2 generations ahead will still offer a benefit. Check some review/test sites to get an idea of how much of an upgrade the 4790k will offer. For me, I upgraded from an FX-8150@4GHz to the i7-4790k (currently stock speed), and there was big improvements in some areas (such as the home instance), mild increases in dungeons and zergs, but little difference in alot of other areas.

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

Upgrading to the i7 4790k was hardly any boost with my older gtx650ti gpu, but when I put a gtx780ti it was a HUGE boost.

I had some DC issues early on and during my communications with Anet tech I was told that having your game stored in it’s own folder directly on the C: drive (ie. C:/Games/Guild Wars 2) improves the frame rates.

I tried this and moved my GW2 folder to it’s own folder and ran a repair through the launcher and it improved not only my FPS but also since doing this I have run Teq and Karka in full zones on the highest graphics and can barely detect any lag whatsoever.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: Rainmaker.7594

Rainmaker.7594

interesting… can anyone else confirm if this works for them (also, does it make a difference if you already have full admin access – UAC disabled)

Veydar.5017

interesting… can anyone else confirm if this works for them (also, does it make a difference if you already have full admin access – UAC disabled)

I moved GW2 to its own folder on its own SSD a couple of weeks ago and it hasn’t changed anything at all.

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

Not sure why people have such different experiences with GW2 performance. I have crappy old i5 3330, GTX 760, and 12gb of 1333 RAM and with 64 bit Win 7 and GW2 on a 4×240gb SSD RAID. I can do map capped guild Teqs in melee stack in 1080p high detail and might drop to 45 fps at the bottom end, I cap to 60. Excluding the SSD array it’s only like a $700 computer.

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

An I5 4690K performs JUST as well as a 4790K in ANY game.

I own a I5 3570K overclocked to 4.6GHz, 16GB RAM, Vertex kitten and an HD7950 3GB.

I still drop to high 20s during heavy zerging. Hell Attack on LA got me down to mid teens more often than not.

Hard to recommend a CPU without knowing a lot mreo about your current system, but an I7 ain’t worth it for gaming.

@Asgaeroth.6427 WUT? Pics /vids in this case or it didnt happen. :P
And the I5 3330 is still a perfectly good CPU.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Still happy on my i7 3930K @3.8, 2x GTX 780. (32Gb RAM)(256Gb SSD (system), 250Gb10krpm HDD (swaps/user), RAID 0 dual 1Tb 7200rpm set(data), backup drive 4 Tb

I run 2 screens 1 for gaming (1980*1200) 1 for the rest 1920*1080… windowed fullscreen, max settings, supersampling, the works…

Framerates can be as high as 220+ when I’m in a near empty map but when a lot of spawns appear it will drop to 120-140, when players appear it will stall and nosedive.
35-65 in LA, at Maw 2 days ago I saw the maw being wasted in a few seconds and my FPS was at 8-16, same yesterday at Fire Elemental, WvW is generally better ranging from 45-65 running with the zergto 16-24 in blob vs blob fights….
Generally when I see less then 30 FPS It’s a sign another thread is busy or hanging (had skype crash on me recently) Or I just need to reboot my PC again (it’s on mostly 24/7, with screens off and power savings for the GPU’s, the CPU has plenty of work when not gaming… During gaming other work is suspended, and my rig has 40-60% CPU available most of the time.)

Only thing I need to remember is to lower reflections from all to 1 lower (terrain & sky?) when @ tequatl, else it sometimes locks up, dunno why….

Win 7 Ultimate (PCI-E 16 v3.0 enabled)

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Veydar.5017

Not sure why people have such different experiences with GW2 performance. I have crappy old i5 3330, GTX 760, and 12gb of 1333 RAM and with 64 bit Win 7 and GW2 on a 4×240gb SSD RAID. I can do map capped guild Teqs in melee stack in 1080p high detail and might drop to 45 fps at the bottom end, I cap to 60. Excluding the SSD array it’s only like a $700 computer.

That sounds outstanding. Does anyone have an explanation for that? I don’t know any person who maintains more than 30 FPS during map capped Teq burn phase with everything at max details.

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

That sounds outstanding. Does anyone have an explanation for that? I don’t know any person who maintains more than 30 FPS during map capped Teq burn phase with everything at max details.

It’s weird like that. I even get different framerates update to update.

When Silverwastes was first released, I was getting 48+ frames in zerg situations. Tequatl was the same. Now its dipping below 30.

I have all of my settings maxed out (including super sampling) except for culling. I keep the culling fairly low because I feel once you get too many people it’s a mess anyway and doesn’t contribute too much to the visual appeal of the game.

There are so many other variables too. A map full of GS warriors is probably going to have a better framerate than a map full of staff eles.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Veydar.5017

That is all true but I would wager that the average tequatl map will represent the classes according to their popularity in the part of the population that frequents world bosses. In other words, do teq often enough and these variables should stop being responsible for huge differences. We’re talking about an objectively worse system achieving 1.5-2x my own framerates.
I am going to need verification from the poster because without that I am going to assume it’s just not true. That’s not meant in an offensive way. It’s just hard to believe how this would be possible. I don’t know that much about hardware and software but its still maths and logic even though it feels like magic often enough.

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Two explanations:

1. The poster didn’t mention he had dropped the rendered character limit to “lowest”.

2. The poster is lying.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

Some strange settings you have there (textures on low and no AA but character textures all the way up)

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

I have overclocked to 4,6ghz i5 4690k and i never drop below 30fps in zerks howered i have model quality set up to low and shadows to medium. As for i7 it really doesnt worth getting one for games.

First i7 arent much better than i5 4690k – you might get 2 fps more but thats about it. Second skylake coming next year (11nm tech).

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

The main issue is GW2 not supporting fully multi cores cpu .. so having 4 , 6 or 8 cores it don’t matter .. GW2 use barely 3 anyway … i7-4790k is a very good single thread performer so its perfect .. so if you have this CPU with a respectable Video card and you find GW2 slow ….. well it’s gw2.exe not you

Posted by: Anyandrell.6238

Anyandrell.6238

I only got an i7-3770k (multicore, yes, x 8 ) with an AMD Radeon 7900 series and I have absolutely no problems with lag or fps drop and I always play with highest settings possible. Try Ibuypower. They have really good gaming computers.

Veydar.5017

I only got an i7-3770k (multicore, yes, x 8 ) with an AMD Radeon 7900 series and I have absolutely no problems with lag or fps drop and I always play with highest settings possible. Try Ibuypower. They have really good gaming computers.

And yet they still use the same components that are available to everyone else. No magic involved. Can you please post a screenshot of the following:
- Full map Tequatl Burn Phase, maximum zoomed out
- Settings window with graphics settings + FPS visible
- Facing Teq/Zerg

Anyandrell.6238

Seriously? Why would I go through the trouble to do that? To prove to you that… what? I am not lying or something?
I run that setting. I got my PC from Ibuypower. I have RL gamer friends who were so enthused about my PC that they went and got themselves PCs from Ibuypower. That is it. All the reference and praise I will give and have no interest in the Ibuypower sales.
Your opinion about this and your requests? I couldn’t care less.

Veydar.5017

Seriously? Why would I go through the trouble to do that? To prove to you that… what? I am not lying or something?
I run that setting. I got my PC from Ibuypower. I have RL gamer friends who were so enthused about my PC that they went and got themselves PCs from Ibuypower. That is it. All the reference and praise I will give and have no interest in the Ibuypower sales.

I used the word “please”. There’s no need to be offensive. I am honestly interested whether I can improve the performance of my setup in any way. Since this is the internet, I am naturally doubtful when someones states something that is hard to believe. Forgive me for that. You didn’t mention any FPS numbers so the performance you have in mind when saying “no lags no fps problems” might actually be pretty close to what I am having. Can you pretty please (no offense, really) tell me the approximate FPS in the above mentioned setting? (just asking, don’t take this the wrong way)

Here’s some more info about my system so you can relate to my frustration:
- i5 4670k @4.2Ghz
- 2x GTX 770
- 8GB 1866 Ram
- SSD just for GW2
- Asrock extreme4
- BeQuiet PSU with “Enough power for all my components + extra”

Culling off (=maximum characters) with everything at the absolute max @ 1920×1080 @ Teq = ~10-15 FPS

(edited by Veydar.5017)

Scoobaniec.9561

I can already imagine these “good” pc’s you talking about. Anyways i also have fps drops so its will be good to post my spec as well;

i5 4690k @4,6ghz
msi gtx 970 @1517mhz
corsair vengeance pro series 16gb, 2133mhz
msi z97 gaming 5
samsung pro 850, 256gb, rapid mode on.
chieftec nitro 850w.

Now please explain me why i experience 30fps in zerks, and why i have fps drops for no reason too while you dont?

Anyandrell.6238

Next time I go to Teq I’ll try and do that and PM you.

Anyandrell.6238

I can already imagine these “good” pc’s you talking about. Anyways i also have fps drops so its will be good to post my spec as well;

i5 4690k @4,6ghz
msi gtx 970 @1517mhz
msi z97 gaming 5
chieftec nitro 850w.

Now please explain me why i experience 30fps in zerks, and why i have fps drops for no reason too while you dont?

No idea. You might want to run a DxDiag and ask a computer specialist. I do run RAID and overclock too, if that makes any difference. Try and go on ibuypower website sometime; I’d like to see many people dismissing their Paladin. My PC (also a Paladin) was purchased two years ago so it’s rather old but still doing pretty good.

What I would like to add is that I did notice an overall (OVERALL) fps lowering (like 40-50 from 80-90) sometimes with no explanation of being crowded/zerged/etc, and I tried to figure it out and found out it’s just due to … internet speed on certain routes. If you ping then do a tracert you will notice that when you connect through certain “nodes” the speed is better than through other nodes.

Sir Vincent III.1286

I moved GW2 to its own folder on its own SSD a couple of weeks ago and it hasn’t changed anything at all.

I agree this doesn’t work. If you already maxed out your rig and still doesn’t improve anything, that problem is on Anet side. Also keep in mind that the game is designed to run on crappy computers.

Scoobaniec.9561

i5 4690k @4,6ghz
msi gtx 970 @1517mhz
msi z97 gaming 5
chieftec nitro 850w.

No idea. You might want to run a DxDiag and ask a computer specialist. I do run RAID and overclock too, if that makes any difference. Try and go on ibuypower website sometime; I’d like to see many people dismissing their Paladin. My PC (also a Paladin) was purchased two years ago so it’s rather old but still doing pretty good.

What I would like to add is that I did notice an overall (OVERALL) fps lowering (like 40-50 from 80-90) sometimes with no explanation of being crowded/zerged/etc, and I tried to figure it out and found out it’s just due to … internet speed on certain routes. If you ping then do a tracert you will notice that when you connect through certain “nodes” the speed is better than through other nodes.

Except i don’t have to ask anyone nor run any soft to scan my hardware. I know pretty well what i have inside cus i made it by myself.

I can run any game maxed out in HD (4k is overrated) without troubles, crashes etc. Generally speaking i have 60fps in near every game out here except in heavy ones like Crysis 3 (40-60fps msaa x8) or Metro where i would need SLI but that is pointless considering what dx12 is supposed to bring.

GW2 is the olny game i experience fps drops for no reason, and low fps in zerks comes from the fact that this engine is cpu bound yet it uses olny 3 cores if i rebember right. Graphic cards seems to be useless here, put some 7970hd and youre set up. I hope they will bring dx11/12 in future so we can finally get a decent performance boost.

ps. if i set culling on lower i can get 60fps easily but thats not the point here..
ps2. ping has nothing to do with fps..

(edited by Scoobaniec.9561)

Anyandrell.6238

ps2. ping has nothing to do with fps..

… sigh… I know…

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Part of me wonders if the issues lie in compatibility with newer nVidia cards or corresponding architecture differences between nVidia and AMD.

I recall nVidia implementing driver updates for the late 600 and 700 series cards for GW2, but do not recall any updates released for 800 and 900 series cards.

Posted by: Azala Yar.7693

Azala Yar.7693

With my old PC I used to see around 15 -20 people and it was extremely laggy.

With a i7-4770k, GTX770, 16GB ram, I could see a lot more people and didn’t notice any real lag, however the fans in the PC were getting a little excited.

Edit: However I’m sure that was before the megaserver, megaservers seem to have their own issues.

(edited by Azala Yar.7693)

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

The megaservers will not affect performance on your end regarding FPS. The only possible instances of lag via megaservers would be from latency problems server-side, though frankly I’ve noticed none.

There have been a lot of complaints lately about the Teq fight, so I do wonder if it is something unique to that area. I’ve never done it, so I can’t personally verify, though.

Jolene.7316

Some strange settings you have there (textures on low and no AA but character textures all the way up)

I only have 1GB of video RAM, so I don’t want to flood it with textures. I also don’t like AA for aesthetic reasons.

I was originally using character “lowest”/“lowest” settings but changed it to test performance for this thread.

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Ibuypower does NOT have good gaming computers.

They overcharge badly.
Use subpar and barely capable hardware to run the system.
Their prebuilt system are all totally unbalanced with either overpowered motherboards,CPUs, GPUs or RAM in relation to the rest of the system.

Custom build, or ask on an ACTUAL hardware forum like Toms Hardware, which I frequent often.

Feel free to PM me if you need help selecting a balanced gaming system.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU