Does starter town clothes count as a "suit"?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Hello.

I was just wondering if the town clothes we start off with will count as a “suit”.

Also, since switching to these “suits” is free of charges, does that mean we can also switch back without charges?
For example: I wear a set, lets say cultural tier 3, and I switch to my pirate costume. Will I then be able to switch back to my cultural tier 3 without it costing any charges?

I’m sorry if this has already been answered.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

Yes you can freely switch between town clothes and armor, you can even assign a key for it.

Are they suits? They look very nice compared to what other NPCs are wearing, you have a tie and everything to I’d think they’re mid~high class attire.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I’m REALLY hoping they make them skins. T0 racial skins.

Pleeeeease. /puppydogeyes

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

After the change, I would expect that the starter town clothes will not exist.

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

The townsclothes are the only thing that actually look just a little like I would want for my ranger to wear permanently…. Hate that all the medium cultural armor cover up the back glow from the skin on her.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

I wonder if the pants and shirts were removed from the store and turned into tonics because they otherwise would give people the option to get rid of trench coats and skirts.

They say it’s because of clipping, but nearly all of the armour in the game clips, so why would these town clothes need to be removed when the rest of the armour stays?

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

I wonder if the pants and shirts were removed from the store and turned into tonics because they otherwise would give people the option to get rid of trench coats and skirts.

They say it’s because of clipping, but nearly all of the armour in the game clips, so why would these town clothes need to be removed when the rest of the armour stays?

as we say in super hero MMO’s “clipping we can live with, restrictions we can’t”.
i really don’t care about clipping, all i want is the ability to use and mix town clothing with armor.