Does the new expansion include HoT

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tufel.9126

Tufel.9126

As the title says does the new expansion include HoT in the purchase price or does it need to be purchased separately. I came back about a month ago and have been fiddling with a low level character, as I never completed the original GW2. I hadn’t purchased HoT yet as I’m not even close to 80 and enjoying the older content. Just curious. Thanks for any information.

Posted by: TonyWn.4376

TonyWn.4376

Q: Is Heart of Thorns included for free when I buy Path of Fire?

A: No. As we said when we announced Heart of Thorns, we always want to give you the option to purchase both expansions for a single price. With the purchase of any edition of Path of Fire, you can add in Heart of Thorns during checkout and purchase both expansions together for less than the combined prices of the expansions. If you already own Heart of Thorns or only want to play Path of Fire, you can purchase Path of Fire separately.

Posted by: Tufel.9126

Tufel.9126

Thanks guess I should have checked the FAQ. I just looked at the ad for the new release.

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

funny thing. it doesn’t say anything in the FAQ about people who buy PoF, but then sometime later want to buy HoT.

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: jayt.7502

jayt.7502

A: No. As we said when we announced Heart of Thorns, we always want to give you the option to purchase both expansions for a single price. With the purchase of any edition of Path of Fire, you can add in Heart of Thorns during checkout and purchase both expansions together for less than the combined prices of the expansions. If you already own Heart of Thorns or only want to play Path of Fire, you can purchase Path of Fire separately.

I checked FAQ and didn’t find that, could you provide a link?

I still haven’t bought HoF, so I’m not sure if buying PoF will include HoF expac.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I checked FAQ and didn’t find that, could you provide a link?

I still haven’t bought HoF, so I’m not sure if buying PoF will include HoF expac.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/115010688287-Guild-Wars-2-Path-of-Fire-FAQ

The Burninator

Posted by: Odin the exiled.5764

Odin the exiled.5764

My understanding when HoT came out. That buying the expansion would give you all previous content. Which would make it possible to skip expansions buying every other or just buying the last one and getting everything that came b4. Now maybe it’s just how they had it worded at the time or the way i read it.

I do hope that’s how it works though, specially for alt accounts. Would save us some money that way. Specially if the expansion stinks, like HoT does. Then you can skip those ones and buy the better ones and still get that content.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

^ If you do not have HoT on an account and buy PoF, HoT is an add on available during purchase for $20. HoT is not included with PoF standard $29.99, or with the base price of PoF Deluxe/Ultimate. As stated it is an additional purchase for accounts without HoT. So $49.99 total for PoF + HoT standard, which is what most people paid for standard HoT when it was released.

Attachments:

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

funny thing. it doesn’t say anything in the FAQ about people who buy PoF, but then sometime later want to buy HoT.

When you bundle in HoT for $20, you’re actually buying a different edition of PoF. If you want to buy HoT later, it’s going to cost $30.