Does the pig swim (or the 3 Quaggans)?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Like the Lion Cub, Bear Cub?

Or, does it vanish, like the puppy and the plush griffon (after they let an intern near it, and it broke his immersion, but a sheathed staff hovering 6 inches behind his back and star trek transporters were fine)?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Idk, but having a mini disappear because swimming is broken and they can’t take the time to fix it is annoying, I would prefer they be there without a swimming animation to resummoning them. I use minis all the time and having to resummon them because my character forded a stream is a pain

Posted by: La Goanna.8142

La Goanna.8142

Just bought the mini last night.
I haven’t tested it in water but I can confirm that it was a rushed job since it’s essentially a reskin of the hippo, but without the bank slot.

That’s right. You can’t even store it your bank since there currently isn’t a specified slot for it under the minis’ collection tab. At least that was the case last time I checked.

So be very careful that you don’t end up right-clicking “destroy” instead of “store item”. It’ll just have to remain in one of your primary bank slots or inventory for now.

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Without having seen it or tested it and this is infact the first I know of such mini I am going to say… no. No it cannot swim.
Why I think so? Well so far minis that resemble ranger pets, those that resemble pets that swim, which include bears, felines and drakes will swim too, and minis that resemble terristial ranger pets that do not swim does not that includes canines and the pigs.

I have not made extensive research admittedly and have not checked every mini of all the types, but from the few I have this seem to be the case and thus its my best guess.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

The mini slot might appear after we get the patch. I do think at 400 gems these mini’s are still far too expensive, especially for what they are.

notebene.3190

Thanks, I hate to ask this but…

Quaggan mini pack? Do they swim? I mean…they’re quaggans?

Posted by: Luna.1839

Luna.1839

The quaggans have been around for a while and I can confirm that yes, they swim The hippo does too, but I don’t know about the piglet

~Leader of Kingdom of Northern Dragons [Rawr]~
PvX | ~160 Members | Gilded Hollow | Level 69 | 18+
TS3: Rawr-Dragons.com (no pw) | Currently Recruiting!

notebene.3190

The quaggans have been around for a while and I can confirm that yes, they swim The hippo does too, but I don’t know about the piglet

Sweet, I’ll buy the quaggans, thank you!