Does thief have greatest AOE coverage?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gojak.8395

Gojak.8395

Thief using a shortbow has a massive AOE coverage. You use the cluster bomb skill and detonate it at it’s apex and it has coverage two to three times greater than any other class it seems.

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

Engineer with Grenades destroys Thief short bow in Damage, Range, AoE, and Condition Application. Wrong section by the way.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Yes but you have to be in close (600 range) and any aoe will hit at max 5 enemy players anyways. Plenty of other classes have better aoes due to the fact they have longer ranges. Also the Shortbow Thief AOE is VERY slow to fire/hit/detonate. I would rather just roll with skill 1 for more damage in the long run……

Cluster bomb used to be perfect before they nerfed it as you could hit people with it and stay stealthed. It was very low damage but was fun. :P

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

yeah i think thief is the only job that doesn’t have a 1200 ranged attack, so idk about thief’s AOE being all that great.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Limited to 900 range… one of the slowest AOE attacks… 5 person cap…

your attempt to get thieves nerfed is poor…

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Is this about the Queen’s Jubilee ? If it is, use a guardian’s staff.

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Gotta agree with Aristio here. A 30 Explosives Grenade-Engi is probably the closest thing to a God as for AoE. Gets even scarier if/when you add in HGH. Massive AoE at 1500 units range. Not that I’m complaining, mind you – Engi puts in their Trait-taxes heavy, for that kinda power.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior