Does zoning reset the monthly survivor achievement?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Coldviper.6794

Coldviper.6794

I feel like I’ve gotten way more than 100k but I can’t seem to get this achievement so I read around online and I found a few posts saying it resets upon zoning… is that true? That seems ridiculous…

[TW]Furion Zax – The Juggernaut Hammer Warrior

Posted by: Drudenfusz.2971

Drudenfusz.2971

Not sure about the monthly, get that pretty fast, but I wonder if this might be true for the lifetime survivor (or maybe I experience there just a bug).

Gwenya Drudenfusz [Boon], Norn Mesmer on Desolation

Posted by: Shaileya.7063

Shaileya.7063

I am not personally convinced it is even possible to get it right now. I’ve given up, since it never updates anymore, just like Lifetime doesn’t. I got over 100k the other day without dying, and have notta to show for it.

Posted by: Hexicz.8450

Hexicz.8450

It is possible to get the monthly achievement, however you must stay in the same zone to get it

Posted by: Coldviper.6794

Coldviper.6794

Should probably update the description then… -.- just says 100k w/o death.

[TW]Furion Zax – The Juggernaut Hammer Warrior

Posted by: stormstrike.9147

stormstrike.9147

I am not sure if it was zoning. But I did log out and noticed it didn’t continue when I logged back on. I guess I died while my character was sleeping?

Posted by: Shaileya.7063

Shaileya.7063

It doesn’t work from not logging out, either. I stayed on the char, and did 100k in one play setting, but obviously I need to be able to use waypoints occassionally, and I run out of anything of interest to do being forced to stay in one zone, so i’m not bothering. Especially as the new anti-farming systems will punish you for staying in an area too long..

I would guess it is bugged, but no one has bothered to confirm or deny that i’ve seen.

Posted by: Diaspro.8529

Diaspro.8529

I’m trying to get the survivor title too. But it stop to count the XP; no matter if I’m in the same area or I never log out or use waypoint. I managed to get the 2nd tier and, after that, no progresses.

Rig: Intel Core i5-2400 -8GB RAM -Nvidia GTX570
EU Servers

Posted by: Velorstel.1263

Velorstel.1263

I received the survivor achievement in one zone, I stayed in the zone the whole time but I did log out. So maybe it is in one zone too?